Wizard Epic On progression idea

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Garanle, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Garanle Elder

Could we do something like 30 minutes after cazic is killed in a DZ the Golem and Enchanter mob may or may not spawn. Do something like a 50 % chance.

That way the guild has to down Cazic in an efficient manner and isn't always a given that you will get one. You still need to camp Phinny plenty as well as VS to get your staves.

Devs, would that be doable? Maybe even do it with the 2nd rev of the zone coming up here in Velious.
  2. Opimo Journeyman

As far as epic blocks go, the Broken Golem is probably the easiest to camp.

I don't get the desire to make them easier. They're meant to be difficult and rare, that's what makes them special (and EverQuest in this era special in my opinion).
  3. Galleyan Augur

I think most people just want some level of parity between the difficulty of epics. Right now, you've got 3 classes who are disproportionately far more time consuming and "difficult" (it's EQ, there's nothing really difficult here) than *ALL* of the others. Not because of the challenge of a mob or anything meaningful, just because of an annoying time sink bottleneck that no one else really has to do.

I said it a couple months before Agnarr came out... I'd rather have all the epics be equal. If that means making the easy ones less accessible, do that. But that would mean changing a lot more than 3 epics in a lot of varied and odd ways that would inevitably lead to broken stuff. Fixing the 3 current ones to be in-line with the rest would be far less time consuming and risky than the opposite choice.
  4. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Save your breath guys, we banged our head against a wall with this on Phinny. Its not going to change. Or if it does, it will be after it has little or no meaning (see AoC for HS being put on Phinny about halfway through Velious)
  5. Erydanadyre Journeyman

TLP servers are meant to relive the nostalgia and go through content that you didn't have the opportunity to experience when it was live.

I'm not saying epics should just be given, but absurd bottlenecks like that should have a workaround because "competing" against dirty neckbeards wearing shirts full of crusty isn't my definition of a good time.
  6. Febb Augur

Some of these epic bottlenecks have been addressed on live servers via a harbinger of fear. However I have a feeling the devs want people on the progression servers to experience epics as they were in era regardless of the large population of the server.
  7. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Its funny you feel that way, cuz I just talked to the Neckbeards wearing shirts full of crusty sh*t and they said the game is ONLY fun for them if there is competition.

Is their hypothetical claim just as reasonable as yours? Yes it is.

Does that make you salty? Im sure it does :)

I guess you guys can just play your own style and see who wins :p

#Agnarr #DPSRaceBruh #WorkingAsIntended #GratsOnYourEpicInVelious
  8. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I think this is just one perspective, there are others.
    snailish likes this.
  9. Eratani New Member

doesnt CT himself drop the skin currently ?

VS / Phinny are pretty freaking easy to get and thats basically 2/3 of the epic. I dont think Wiz have it all that bad outside of the fact that there are simply a lot of wizards sitting on 1/3 of the epic so they feel they are 'almost done' so its a huge bottleneck at the golem.
  10. malaki Augur

Wizard epic isn't as bad as SK or Enchanter epic, but it's all really dumb when you compare any of those 3 to like the shaman epic, which literally takes like an hour after your fresh shaman hits level 50 or whatever.
  11. jeskola pheerie

its been the same for 18 years. just because you all decided it was a great idea to play on a server with 25 raid guilds doesn't mean the game needs to change.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  12. snailish Augur

Well, on live servers the rush for this content passed a long time ago. Many of the bottlenecks that remain or remained on live were due to one person or a series of individuals farming something (sometimes for months). One of the worst examples being plane of Fear being farmed for AoN and other epic drops with the enchanter epic drop rotting (not MQable ever, and no other loot reason to kill the mob, mob gets killed because it is up and the farmers wipe the zone).

Live didn't have too many servers with 20+ guilds capable of completing epics in era either.

The barriers to epic 1.0 completion should be the difficulty of the encounters. If these means adding some spawns around a named (whether kill or quest NPC) while at the same time reducing a spawn timer so be it.

For things like Plane of Fear... enchanters being able to spawn their mob for the raid to kill makes sense (or the boxer or high level soloer later in progression).

I'm fine with tweaks that make stuff harder but still in tune for the era. Long timers do not equal harder, just tedious. Tedious is not compelling.
  13. Willbus New Member

Def need to fix this.... DZ or picks, been camping this for weeks... its all luck and getting people there in time or getting lucky to have people online when it does pop on top of not getting KSed. been stuck on this step since the day kunark dropped. Meanwhile...every class besides Enc / SK, basically get 2 epics that are 1/3 the difficulty
  14. CexiiBish New Member

sameo_O
  15. Notre New Member

What I dont understand is why there is this incessant need to deliberatly refuse a change to game mechanics that should only take a minimum of time to complete. I would address the low hanging fruit and listen to my customer base.

I play on progression for "nostalgia" of a younger age, without the need to sit at a camp for a week only to have a box group show up and take the mob 30 seconds after it spawns. I am ok with competition, but when a single person can, with a single keyboard/mouse, bring his "box army" there is no competition. Afyer a little over 100 hours camping various enchanter epic items, i still watch these armies get the kills.
  16. Drakkal Elder

I think this an excellent idea, still have the challenge of having to defeat Cazic Thull and have a chance(not a guarantee) at getting the Golem.

Epics on Agnarr are far more important then they are really anywhere else. Many classes will be able to use their epics throughout the entire life of this server. It would be a nice show of appreciation for their player base if DBG would at least attempt to come up with a better work around for these issues.
  17. RandomStrategy Augur

My shaman got his first epic rather quickly....the real epic is that damn mace.

Less for the difficulty, moreso for deciding whether or not to pay krono for a ****ing Jade Chokidai Prod.