Agnarr -- Chancellor of Di'zok

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wayylon, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Semah Augur

I mean...is it a /nice/ pipe?
  2. Healbro Elder

Out of all the dumb things about TLP's I think the fact that HS and VP are still locked behind keys is one of the dumbest. Either spend the time to fix chancellor spawnrate and/or make prod no drop. As well as speeding up spawn times for certain parts of VP key. OR just do what makes the most sense and just remove the key reqs for HS and VP and be done with it. Getting keyed to these zones is a gigantic nightmare every single TLP. I had an easier time getting VT keyed on Phinny than I'm having trying to get HS/VP on Agnarr.
    Itune1 and Wayylon like this.
  3. Illusory Augur

Would you really rather drink bud Lite and smoke Marlboro cigarettes and have every body get into HS and VP?! Or keep it closed and smoke the finest cuban cigars and drink the oldest of whiskies while giving up your money to DBG for krono and krono to farmer?!
  4. Gingyr Elder

Both of those people have discretionary income, not sure why you would think otherwise. Additionally, price is set by supply and demand so if there are a lot of people wanting the Cohibas and 18 yr old whisky and there is a limited supply because you know, its grown in one small area and aged for a number of years or in the whiskeys case, takes 18-30 years to make then whatever price people are willing to pay is the price, its not inflated.

On krono, plenty of us have 100+ krono and never spent a dime on them, you just have to get better at making money in game.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Milk is for babies.
  6. daffie999 Augur

Said it before, they changed Seb so they certainly can change HS. VP should be changed as well since the entire key quest (even without competition) is a time sink that isn't needed on a fast TLP.

As a developer, the "development" time in this case is not a concern. Even with the spaghetti of EQ code.

The only upside I see is that it keeps a few boxers safely stored away in LOIO being instead of ruining my fun elsewhere.
  7. Illusory Augur

That's debatable... We know that their is a high probability that the farmer has discretionary income, because his primary purpose of play is krono. We don't know the financial situation of the person buying the krono - you are assuming that it's discretionary and it could very well be, but there's a high chance that it is not.

Time is money.

Even if you didn't spend your own money, it's probably a safe bet that you payed for that krono with your time. The point is that someone spent $18.
  8. Cohmebaby New Member

There is zero chance someone is spending non discretionary income on video game currency. I'm not sure you actually understand what discretionary means.

If time is money, then it seems completely irrelevant how someone acquired something, after all, someone spent the time in game to acquire it, aren't they just trading back some of that time for time someone else spent in real life being productive? Again, I think we are back to this is how life and virtually every facet of it work. You want a nice table, you could learn to select a tree, cut it, rough cut the lumber, sand and finish the pieces, assemble the table and apply the varnish of your choice, or you could just go to joes table store, who already did all that and trade them some for your time doing whatever you do for their time making tables. This isn't complicated.

Your issue is that Joe makes tables better and faster than you and you cant compete with Joe.
  9. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

10. daffie999 Augur

Whaaaat?

You have a very rose colored view of others financial management decisions. You actually believe there isn't some idiot out there is throwing away his last few bucks on krono? Someone hasn't racked up credit card debt for it? Isn't neglecting other aspects of their life for an addiction? The whole point of micro-transactions in games is to bait the consumer into just one small purchase... just one...then another... then another. *LIMITED TIME OFFER ACT NOW*...

And your table analogy?! I love analogies but really? A table. Carpentry. A trade. Comparing that to sitting at Chancellor spawn hoping to get off some exploit'esque charm/gate/blur/nuke/clicky damage? If you want to make your analogy actually work... the person that wants to build a table has to be followed around by some who either steals or burns any wood the person tries to buy.
    Illusory likes this.
  11. Wayylon Augur

Same 3 box mages sitting on the spawn today.

Do the math 3 lvl 58 fire pets nuke for 692. 692 x 3 = 2,076 dmg.

Di'zok has 2,000 hit points.

So with one likely afk and automated keystroke, Di'zok is being locked down for the entire server.
  12. welly321 Elder

L2 puppet strings
  13. Illusory Augur

I completely understand what discretionary income is, which is why I used it when someone else improperly used 'disposable income' in it's place.

and, Daffie hit the nail spot on,

+ $18!

By the way, I'm not here to argue economics.... Rather, I'm here to shed light (in theory) why these early bottlenecks probably won't ever change and what people can do to in order to tip much needed change in their favor. Believe me, I think its silly that farmers are allowed to lock down known spawns to make a buck.
  14. Master Kahleem Augur

All of these people crying about "afk box armies" are a little dumb. As a trueboxer on Agnarr i can tell you, for a fact, GM's & Guides are actively looking for boxers like myself who would EVER think about afk macroing....EVER. Boxers make it a POINT to never use afk methods else we get banned instantly. GM's & Guides are looking for any reason to accuse us of automation/afking.

Hell, a friend of mine who doesn't box was temp-banned for 7days for using his keyboard to automate his monk strikes on a mage-pet while he was semi-afk watching a movie. He didn't notice the GM's /tells in time before he got slapped with a temp ban. He was in the middle of no where so no one reported him, but apparently was because he reported someone for training him and the GM was simply following up, life can be funny sometimes.

That aside, YES I do agree very important quest items need to be re-evaluated. TLPs have shown to be a massive cash cow, and source of lifeblood, for DBG. TLPs aren't going away anytime soon so long as the company operates. We are generating several TIMES more revenue for DBG than live servers currently do. So, why the hell are epic quests AND key quests not revamped/fixed for old world? There is so much dang stuff that has been added/fixed for quality of life that there is ZERO argument against fixing them.

Epics that BADLY need revamping due to mob spawn rates / gated-drops:
    -SK
    -ENC
    -Cleric
    -Mage
    -The list could go on~

If this were an emulated server these would be fixed in a week by one person, not even part time, and the community would rejoice. Not to mention that's donation-based and not even paid as a career position. So why the heck can't they just let one person go through every WELL known gated/dated quest and fix them???? Seriously, NOT HARD TO DO.
  15. wherehouse Lorekeeper

learn to Staff of Runes
  16. Illusory Augur

If said emulated server was krono-enabled, do you really believe the host would fix krono friendly bottlenecks?

Just think about your earlier statement,

Funny thing though, I've made quite a bit of platinum on Phinigel. I have enough saved for my 3 characters to buy whatever they want, and with enough left over to dip into the krono market. The krono market is very tempting too, but I fear that the game would no longer be fun. :(
  17. malaki Augur

Krono are awesome, I get to pay for my accounts by just playing the game.
  18. Itune1 New Member

And yet, due to the horrendous camping of this specific mob by bot armies, hardly no one can get the key to even step foot into this zone. That's the problem. I think they should remove the key requirement to get into HS & VP. Why? Because of bot armies perma camping key spawns that don't even need it and are selling it to people for profit. It's bs.
  19. Uija New Member

I love how people come around with "Why would anyone pay 17$ for a Krono". Currently a Krono is somewhere between 4.8 and 5.2kpp on Agnarr. How long do you need to farm plat, to have that together, if you are not a Bot-Farmer? Lets also not include pure tunnel-trading here. I know that you can earn alot plat/krono doing that, but this would also needs some start-investions and a lot of time to get up to. I just calculated. I make about 1.5 to 2 Kronos worth of money an hour, if I do overtime at work. And thats mostly more fun and rewarding, than pure plat farming in nearly every game out there.

Hell yes did I buy a Krono when I started not long before Kunark on Agnarr after years of EQ Abstinence. It gave mit 4.5k plat and I was able to buy all spells, some basic gear (HP Rings, 2 weapons), was able to pay for ports and had a start invest for trading. Yesterday I was able to buy a Fungi Staff and a Fungi tunic. My highest char currently is 28. Never ever would I have been able to come that far in that relatively short time, if I would have done everything by boring farming. Those 17$/half an hour extra work were extremly well spent!
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  20. daffie999 Augur

This is why the disposable income discussion began. If you make plenty of money and feel like this is a good use of your earnings, buy a krono or six. I make plenty of money and would certainly enjoy more krono, but it is a waste in my mind. I would rather do about 100 other things with my paycheck.

You then have to decide what your stance is on RMT with 3rd party sites and krono farmers. If you are like me and absolutely hate them, then the only real money you're spending is through the DBG site and (saving money) consuming Krono for your subscription.

If you don't mind the whole RMT world than go ahead and deal with Krono farmers. You should also then be looking at every single item as having a $ value though. Since you can sell Krono on a 3rd party site you are consciously making a decision when you buy/sell items.