Why camp a epic mob when so called guild is going to come in and take your mob

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frottage, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Frottage Journeyman

This is getting old daybreak
  2. Spacejammer New Member

Just quit then, show them with your wallet how old it's getting. They have already said they won't do anything. When all that is left is that guild then see what happens.
  3. Gingyr Elder

Get a better guild yourself? It's a contested EPIC quest mob. Its not a "hey i should be able to do this by myself whenever i want in era even though its the best for my class and everyone else wants it too" mob
    Damezza likes this.
  4. Febb Augur

It's black friday on Agnarr with Kunark launching. You walked into walmart and want a TV on black friday and are because you can't get a tv because other people wrestled it away from you. Hello common sense. Wait a while, don't go for the bottleneck spawns yet because they will be heavily contested.
    Chatoyan and MyShadower like this.
  5. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

This, this, this, every time someone about this stuff, i see these videos in my head. They even play them before Thanksgiving when the news is all a buzz with "Oh lawd, who gonna be open on Black Friday and who gonna shop."
  6. C3lowz Augur

Why are you getting Daybreak involved? This is solely a player problem. If you can not out-dps them, get friends who can.

Btw. It is not "your" mob. It's whoever can drop the mob first.
  7. Gingyr Elder

The wife and i used to hit wal mart on thxgiving when we visited my folks just to people watch. maybe i need to roll a rogue on agnarr and watch these epic mob battles
  8. Nuakea New Member

If it was only a DPS thats fine. But it isnt. Its membluring mobs at the last second to steal. Its dispelling a charmed pet at the last second to steal. Its doing 10% of the damage in your "dps race" and getting the loot.

edit: Even then - lets say that DBG frowns on the above play and slaps the wrists of the offenders. You bet im gonna take a 3 day vacation in trying to get my 2-7 day respawn spawn mob.
    Wayylon likes this.
  9. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Strategy & Tactics at work:
    Kill with a borrowed sword.
    Wait at leisure while the enemy labors.
    To know your enemy, you must become your enemy.
    The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.

There is other stuff that applies here but in general, you are not looking at the battlefield with a proper mindset. The mob is not your enemy here and Daybreak appears unwilling to change that so, adapt and overcome.
  10. Fluid Augur

Nature of the game is changing. Used to be you would have spells up for PvM. If you don't have at least one character in your group or in your spell list that is 'Cancel Magic' to dispel other people's DOTs and Charms, you are cruising for a bruising. You won't need it often, probably no more then once a month, but you will need it eventually.

Used to be someone would jerk me around like this i.e. dispelling my DOTs or charms, and I would follow them around for, well forever, returning the favor. Guild wide too: If you were in a guild that wronged me, all your members were targets until restitution was made or the member dropped. Now I got old and I just move along. :)
  11. Runes Augur

Game is meant to be played in groups and guilds. Stop cryong when you are solo or in a small group and lose mobs to bigger groups. Adapt, play a class that can defend itself.. join a larger guild or go do something less contested for a while.
  12. xakanrn Augur

did you make the game ?
    gameplay changes and adapt.
    What seems ok in 1999 most likely does not applying in 2017
    And its this sort of thinking that has almsot killed EQ.
    If not for nostalgia gameplay it would like be shutdown like planetside
    Sorry bottlenecking in 2017 makes no sense
  13. Green_Mage Augur

Most of the above arguments are stupid because:

1) They sound like they were made by a 15-year old: "LOL get gud"

2) None of them apply across the board to all epics -- clear evidence this is an overlook and not great design

3) They don't appreciate that DBG needs to make customers happy to -- you know -- sell their products to them.
  14. Uija New Member

You have choosen to play on TPL server. TPL server are DBs attempt to come as close to 99 as possible. So yes, it is 2017, but you are playing 99. Don't come to a classic area server and cry, because it IS indeed a classic area server.
  15. Ming Tee Augur

Man someone wanted the mob you wanted? I don't believe you.
  16. xakanrn Augur

If you bothered to check I am not the original posters so doubt I be crying
    Fact there are so many changes from classic - no corpse runs ,instances,exp speed means it is NOT classic era in the form you are thinking only in content
    However this system has brought out the worst in people
    Insults on forum and in game.Just yesterday ,I saw 2 groups openly insulting each other because of a mob.
    Totally avoidable in my opinon as I would imagine given the age of the game there are only "adults'' in the game
  17. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

However frustrating the game design, I doubt this game is all that makes these people behave like this.

It is a supply and demand problem. Accept that your demand cannot be met or get in there and fight over it, your dignity be damned. Maybe you could request a lottery system like some stores do for Black Friday because they know people will act crazy to "save" money. Perhaps an Oprah giveaway so everyone gets their Epic drops and "wins". "Check your parcels, you get an Epic drop, you get an Epic drop, you all get an Epic drop!"

Big picture, not getting your Epic while Kunark is "current" (17+ years old), what is the worst that happens?
  18. Gingyr Elder

I would imagine in 2017 we wouldnt have naughtsees marching in the streets of the US. Looks like we both wrong.
  19. Xanathol Augur

The Walmart analogy is wrong. If you go there for a TV, there is an organized and calm line where tickets are distributed. Then when time, you simply pay, then pull up your car, hand over your ticket, and they load it for you. It's the cheap presents that people go stupid over - towels, tuperware, old DVDs. Does DBG view EQ as a TV or a bunch of towels?
  20. Galleyan Augur

I actually thought the analogy was pretty on point, but then again I've lived in a state where people are practically rioting outside Best Buy to get that TV. Human beings can get pretty disgusting when grouped together over almost ANY topic.