Classic/Kunark Hunter Achieve Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobbybick, May 18, 2017.

1. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Just did Swamp of No Hope from scratch to verify names. The previous list was mostly accurate, but not completely.

Berserker Cycle:
    Blackbone, Bloodgorge, Bloodvein, Ebon Bloodrose, Deadeye, Dreesix Ghoultongue, Fakraa the Forsaken, Fangor, Farik the Vile, Frayk, Froszik the Impaler, Grimewurm, Grizshnok, Heartblood Fern, Soblohg, Two Tails, Venomwing, Weeping Mantrap

Impaler Cycle:
    Blackwing, Bleeder, Bloodskull, Bulsgor, Crackclaw, Crookspine, Dred, Fisherman Grik, Galeech, Gluttik, Gorge, Horkak the Dead, Ichorspike, Old Hangman, Scalek, Thirgus, Torgis, Vissix, Woggir
  2. Ishtass Augur

3. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I am out of country so I cant raid with my guild for the last month.
    I spent 30 days in Gorge of King Xorbb. I spent an average of 8 hours a day killing everything. Results: 1 of each named except Brahhm. I havent seen a single named NPC (rare) in the last 10 days.

Who else thinks this is excessive?
  4. GoldenFrog Augur

The entire task is excessive, if you are trying to grind it out. Everybody gets hung up on different mobs. 10 days won't be your worst.
  5. Natal Augur

You do get a reward. 10 brownie points. Spend wisely!
  6. Ishtass Augur

Been camping Life Drinker Krador in Nurga for about a week. Usually if I complain on here he shows up. Anyone else have a hard time with him?
  7. Uuvin Augur

South Karana.
    Yes it would help if there were others working on hunter achievement I could join up and co-ordinate with, but it seems I am alone 97% of the time. It takes a long time to work out 1 ph and to get name to spawn - generally finding out after 2 hours I already did that name. At the end of a play session, I log out and have to start over the next time. I still miss Mroon and Narra. Anyone who has gotten those have any secrets to impart? Also Jaggedpine. So far its just slaughter and hope and I still miss 4 there (Fiercewind, a great Kodiak, an ancient treant and Jerg). Those are the last 6 I need to complete. Any hints would help.
  8. Brewall Rainsinger Apprentice

I was stuck on Mroon in South Karana for a while as well. Eventually, I got him to spawn on south side of the zone twice. Once because I was trying, and the other because I was still trying to spawn others. For a while, I thought he was tied to cyclops & undead cyclops, but didn't seem to add up. Eventually, I would make a large "L" down the west side & south side of the zone clearing all elephants. Respawn rate seemed to be about 20 minutes. My advice is clear all elephants, wait for 20 and repeat.

This zone took a long time for me to complete. Only good thing was that I was able to highsun almost every hunter/named back to spawn spot(s). Details are in my map files.

Brewall
  9. Ishtass Augur

Jaggedpine was just generally a pain, but I got most of mine at the crossroads.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

All of the South Karana named have the same type of spawn mechanic, there will be a single mob cycle that has a chance to spawn them provided you continue killing down the cycle. So you just either pick a single mob and kill whatever pops after it dies over and over until a named pops or doesnt then you repeat with the next trash mob. The alternative is to just sit somewhere that has a lot of mob traffic and kill anything that wanders close and hope the named you want spawns.

Some of the named have specific NPCs that are on their table (for example Quillmane) that help to narrow down what you should be killing, but named like Mroon and Narra are so irrelevant that nobodye ver tracked it.
  11. Weebaaa Augur

I've been camping An Enraged Jungle Raptor in Temple of Cazic Thule for most of the double named spawn. Have every named there except for him. (It's been more than a week)

I've been on Orbital's marked spawn point (NorthEast most pyramid, Bottom outside area) Leaning towards the East side, but very often cleaning the entire outside area of the pyramid/temple.
    Havent seen him. TerrorClaw, I've seen a dozen times now.
    Someone tell me I'm doing something wrong please
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Back in Trakanon's Teeth to refinish now that they added new named to it. Looks like the Forager/Hunter cycle behaves the same way as SONH with each named only being on either the Forager or the Hunter cycle. TT is also very odd in that on a fresh zone up there is only 1 Hunter and 1 Forager cycle running at once, but after killing in the zone for a bit I managed to get it up to 8 Hunter / Forager cycles running (all with the same chance to pop named). I imagine this is some old workaround to avoid Sebilis key bottlenecking but certainly helps for achievement hunting. NOTE: Multiple of the same named can be up simultaneously.

Anyway here's Wonderwall an incomplete list of what named pop on each cycle in case you are missing a certain one.

Observed:
    Forager - Crusader Zoglic, Flaythe, Titail Sinok, Squire Glik, Bloodeye, Hangman, Klok Denris, Champion Arlek, Keeper Lasnik, Silvermane, Champion Thenrin, Dragontail, Dreadlord Fanrik,

Hunter - Sigra, Keeper Sepsis, Oracle Froskil, Master Fasliw, Vessel Fryn, Doom, Hierophant Ixyl, Trakanasaurus Rex, Dreadlord Dekir, Ebon Lotus, Ffroaak,

NOT OBSERVED BUT LIKE 99% SURE

Forager - Harbinger Dronik, Thruke
    Hunter - Harbinger Josk, Keeper Sepsis, Knight Dragol, Partisan Yinlen, Stonebeak, Throkkok,
    Prathun likes this.
  13. Imak Augur

I posted a list on Alla's under the Hunter Ach which confirms all 32 namers as being on either forager or hunter. Your list and your 99%s are all correct.

Now if could just get the two bears and two treants in Jaggedpine, I will be 100% done with Hunters. Zone is so weird with its perpetually despawning and repopping populations, makes figuring out PHs impossible. Yet more mindless animal mass slaughter FTL. Sigh.
    Mithra and Bobbybick like this.
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah I spent a few hours mass slaughtering in Jagged last year trying to pop ANY of the named animals but turned up none. Since then I try to pop in every time the servers go down and still haven't seen them.

Not looking forward to that, Twilight Sea, and Scarlet Desert.
  15. Imak Augur

Scarlet and Twilight both suxx. Knowing that the hidden area in Twilight has had mobs spawning underworld since day one, I expected that area to be stupid problematic, but ended up not to be nearly as bad as I anticipated. Didn't have any PHs trapped underworld apparently, cuz I didn't have to wait through a server reset to finish there. The one Scarlet cheetah that is the single PH for three different named was a timesink; rest of the zone wasn't terribad despite there being a long list of namers. Fortunately many of the tegi namers have a specific type that continually repops. Example there are two trojegs that forever respawn as shaman, those are PH for aggressor and assailant. Many of the tegi named follow that same paradigm of a forever respawning specific type of PH.
    roguerunner, Mithra and Bobbybick like this.
  16. Gana Augur

Spent hours this weekend trying to get Dunedigger. Sat on the hill by Derv2, found the 66 sec spawn, killed it religiously, never saw Dunedigger. Saw The Fabled Rahotep several times. Left him up, in fact (in case no one else is there, makes the ph for the 66 sec spawn easy to find). Is there more than one cycle?
  17. Mithra Augur

There's 2 cycles. You can have Rahotep up both at the ruins and from the roaming cycle spawn. You have to abandon that cycle and find the one that spawns the Dunedigger.
    Gana likes this.
  18. Gana Augur

Thank you. I was hoping that was the case and it wasn't spawning Fabled Rahotep in place of DD.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Heard this thread might come in handy soon. GOOD LUCK LOL
  20. ForumBoss Augur

I would like a reason to do these hunter achievements, but I feel that any such theoretical reward should have pro rated stats if you finish one zone or even a part of a zone. That way someone could see some benefit each day.
    Tucoh likes this.