The Steel Warrior....Gone?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Jevar, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Jevar New Member

Pwning from Cazic? maybe a coincidence but i used to play with a warr by that name and a cleric named Furro back in the PoR and earlier days. I was on my bard Fender most of the time back then or my zerker Jameika.
  2. Pwning Lorekeeper

yup.
  3. Egat Should have stayed in Halas

If it is gone for good I will miss it. Yes, it wasn't very active but it held lots of information and lots of memories (not unlike EQ live).
  4. trueheart Lorekeeper

mages lost there sites like 3 times we were able to get the info back from info people saved or from other sources
    doesnt google provide a backup when a website goes down maybe ask them for the information on the boards there
    im sure some of your members have the info and if you ask nice they will help you rebuild
    if you didnt always ask for mage pet nerfs im sure mages would help you muhahaha ( just kidding )
  5. Kamea Augur

My assumption is the guy who paid the money to host the site stopped paying attention to it and the hosting ran out. I'm sure people would pay to keep the site alive if said guy checks back in. Problem is, long hosting lapses in sites like TSW tend to kill them.
  6. Kiadan Dakine Journeyman

Funny this thread popped up on search; was talking to some people recently and I am trying to remember my account info there for TSW and see if i can bring it out of the darkness if not for anything to see how much everything has changed. Also; Kamea is right; we went from private hosting (myself, Brutul, Raaj, and Shorty all kept it going with our own and open donations when we moved over to the steelwarrior.xwarzone site host in like 2003 or something); than we all kinda went our seperate ways.
    I am not sure if any other warriors out there would be interested (it is 2017 of course); but if anyone would like to see or have a site class for us I will be working on it as time allows.
    Kiadan Da'Kine, Warrior of Test a.k.a.Shikarii Apocalypse of Terris Thule
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

Try going to the SK page. I do believe they tried to revive it there with some help from Xanathol. Should have some of the old archives there. Look under class discussion IIRC

http://eqshadowknight.net/
  8. Xanathol Augur

Shirion was in the process of moving it over to a subdomain we had setup for him until sadly he passed away.