XP Grinding with AA's and Disc's

Discussion in 'Melee' started by kinadafz, Aug 22, 2017.

1. kinadafz Augur

There are a lot of threads about what burns to do, what AA's to pair with what disc, etc. But, all of this is mainly geared towards raids or higher end named mobs.

My group I play with consists of war, bard, cleric, rogue, monk, zerker (sometimes mag instead of monk or zerker). When we come across a named while xp grinding, it dies in seconds. WE generally burn named with disciplines, but don't pair with AA's.

In general, we pop aa's whenever we can, and save disc for named.

The thought is we can kill more mobs faster by having a continual slight improvement instead of one big massive dps burst for 20 sec, then regular killing for 20 min until the next named spawns.

So, for the xp grind, is it better to pop all offensive disciplines / aa's when they come available, but hold back 1 or 2 high end disc for named? Assuming endurance is not a problem (obviously don't spam when endurance is very low).
  2. Zephiron Elder

Sounds like you know the answer.
  3. Thrillho Augur

Use them as they come up. Don't hold anything back on any mob, unless you have a named already up. If you follow the raid burn theories (namely, extending the amount of burns you have by alternating heavy discs / long refresh with light discs / short duration), you'll always have a heavy disc just a couple minutes away. If you want to wait for that disc for a named, it's a good time to prep - grab endurance, mana, rebuff, clickies, etc.
  4. Brohg Augur

As long as even one character has their big burn up, or if more than one of you have a "something", named won't last much longer than regular mobs.

Running discs/AAs on-cooldown instead of saving up can multiply a character's overall damage several times.
  5. kinadafz Augur

Cool, thanks for the responses. I'll spam every disc / AA I have but hold back one disc per toon for named burns.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

If you are in HA, you typically get the name pop message half-way. You can then kill more mobs towards HA completion, and hit the name when your abilities refresh. That said, if you have no problem with them anyway, it doesn't really matter. If named were close fights requiring you give it all you got then you would want those abilities up.

If you are in a low-use zone where names are not contested, same sentiment as for HA. Prep as you want. Pull when ready.

If you are in a popular zone camping a highly contested name and there is a considerable risk for another group to KS you, it is better to save your heavy guns so you can unload them the moment your target pops.