Wishes for next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You wouldn't want to dodge another level expac if you were a silk caster. The more side stepping that is done the more silk classes stagnate and melee classes continue to grow in power over them.

This game has been "trivializing content" for 18 years and it's still going.
    fransisco likes this.
  2. kizant Augur

There is literally nothing they couldn't accomplish via focus AAs that they can do with new levels and copy/pasting the same old spells over again. Plus people will complain pretty quickly when there's only a tiny bit of content for level 110s to play around in. So, I wouldn't blame them if they avoid new levels again.
    Perplexed, Reynen and Thancra like this.
  3. Reynen Journeyman

Why does it "has" to happen? Something is broken? You can get your power boost via AAs, like in EoK. New level just means getting the same things that you had before, once again (spells, focus etc...), it serves no purpose. It also shrinks the content you can play in, not like it's so vast we can't handle it at the moment...
    Thancra likes this.
  4. Perplexed Augur

Agreed. I thought the AA revamp and Focus AA was a very creative way to solve this problem.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A level increase will not help me, when I molo progression in old expansions I missed, where HA's are required(as they would just scale up again). Some new focus AAs and better gear without a level increase, would help me though.

Some of the HA's are still quite challenging, even in raidgear.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

There's a lot of people in this thread that don't want to improve their characters. Why play then? AA's increasing power is nice and all but how about we receive both?

A fraction of the EQ population posts on this board or even reads it. You guys are still in the minority on this, I hate to be the one to tell you this. Oh wait, really I don't hate it at all. :D
  7. Thancra Loladin

So because it's your opinion it suddenly becomes the majority? You talked to couple people and they agreed so that's how things are?
    Lol if you think doing 5 levels is a big thing to achieve compared to do the 20ish AAs we got in EoK.
  8. Treygolas Journeyman

You beat me to it! I totally agree, especially if they continue to add more classic armor ornaments. I need them all!

Also, why not add the ability to change skin tone, plus add more hair color options. The current half elf hair selections aren't very rebellious.

And lastly, in the links of 'player made' items, add the person's name that crafted the item at the bottom of the link. This could help players, not so good at tradeskills, find the tradeskill gurus for specific items.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Right back at you. My opinion doesn't match yours, so it must be wrong.
  10. nantalbus Elder

if you read my post right. I said we need a power boost = to what we get form a level increase. I then said it could happen the normal way of a level increase(form 105 to 110) or it could happen via all aa's that would give us the same increase in power as what going form 105 to 110 would give us

All it take is adding in new aa lines that would give use the same incrase to skills/stats/hp/mana/end/spell power/etc that going up 5 levels would do.(just have these stack with all other aa's as to not make them useless.
  11. NeverPayForLag Augur

Distributing Bags

Everything in a bag can filled with only one click into the inventory - to auto-sort all stuff instead of clicking and viewing hundreds of parts. That would be a relieve to tradeskillers like the autofill of bags into bags, only a complete bags stuff into the inventory...
  12. Thrillho Augur

I'd love to see this. As well as being able to auto-bank everything in a bag. The button to auto-bank is already there, allow us to Ctrl-click it to drop the contents in.

Changing the banking system into something similar to the Housing system would be great. I don't need a bunch of squares with a bunch of bags with a bunch of squares with items on them. At 24 main slots and 40 slots each for the largest bag, or 32 for a TS bag, we have 750-960 slots available in banking. Way too many to search through when you need that one item. I need a list I can sort - alphabetically, by gear, by collectible, by type. The bags themselves can just increase the capacity of the list, similar to crates in houses.
  13. Coagagin Guild house cat

Export known recipes from any tradeskill. This would help immensely knowing what you have, though you have and have not learned.

Wizards and Druids have group levitate and invisibility, how about a raid level AA? This would be a boon when levitation is crucial in certain raids. Yeah looking you Droga! Mass invis? Meh but why not.

Give raid leaders the option of 'Familiar Leave' button. I am so tired of arguing with people over their precious familiars in raids. Just slows things down arguing with these idiots. Rather just kick them but this is a compromise.

- Coa
  14. Angahran Augur

It shouldn't require new levels to give silk casters more power. Use AAs to boost existing spells and add new spells at current levels.
    Not sure what melee classes are 'growing in power over silk casters'.
  15. Angahran Augur

Export unknown would be nice :p

Can we add an 'auto-DT' for anyone summoning a jester ?
    Nennius likes this.
  16. shruggz Elder

I used to be solidly in the level increase camp, however I have changed my mind, I have come to realize
    that just increasing gear, spells and aa's give more a power boost than levels do, I also like the ability to go back and do stuff that I couldn't get done before while the expansion was current, and still be facing high con mobs. there are many places to go, and much to do and not being forced into four or so new zones with the entirety of the server trying to all do the same things at the same time.
    just my opinion its ok if yours differs
  17. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I don't think it matters how they do it. More power is more power. Old content that does not scale gets easier and new content "should" be tuned for the power increase. Both ways require the same old game of kill stuff, do stuff, get stuff.

Either way, people will flock to the new content because they have spent so much time in the old already.

It would seem level 110 is/was in some plan but who really knows.
  18. Khat_Nip Meow

I'm pretty sure that if DBG has a level increase slated for this next expansion then that's what's going to happen, especially this late in the year.
    Saying you don't want one is rather moot at this point.
  19. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Still on the fence for a level increase. I see both sides, the cons and the pros. Some things I still want to see are quests/tasks/missions based of group make up. I dont mind doing it in an instance as long as it appropriately scales to the make up. I.e., waves/multiple pulls if you bard/chanter for mezes. Single/doubles if not. Make the kill/collect amount scale also.

Quality of life stuff, we all love buffs, have buff npcs in PoK or Guild hall/lobby. Similar to merc npcs. Select class, buffs, costs... make it a quest to unlock higher tier lvls... no quest you get rk 1, do some task/quest get rk2, etc.

Bazaar bags, 20-30 slot atleast.... id pay a small penny to buy them. Maybe even some sort of store front.... some people on every server only sell potions/food/drink... let them buy/quest a bAzaar storefront!

Live server pick zones... can we get it to 30-40 instead of 60.... tell ya right meow, at 25 people in EoK zones, that most all camped named are taken or can be.

Guild Hall merc npcs... dont know if that is a thing but gateing back to pok and campfire back to camp isnt huge, just quality of life... obviously we wouldnt need every character race but maybe just the popular ones.

Oh and caster classes need more variety of primary/secondary items...
  20. CrazyLarth Augur

They need to look forward to make some changes so that future expanstions are eaiser on Dev time on new content not general stuff.

So what changes could we suggest to make future level increase easier on Devs time and cost.

Make changes to max 200 lvl or lower if needed 150

change the to 200 lvl
    Torrential Soulstone

This stone will enable a priest of shadow to summon the corpse of a player up to level 200.
    Never have to create a new stone again.

Was thinking of making a separate thread but only came up with one thing.

Change the baz searches to 200 level