Monkly Business

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MrMajestykx, Feb 3, 2017.

1. MrMajestykx Augur

finally close its doors? domain seems down.
    TheQxx likes this.
  2. Genoane Journeyman

Your thread seemed lonely; so I decided if no one else will answer, I will.

I Don't know ;)
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  3. MrMajestykx Augur

4. Tenaka Lorekeeper

Bummer, that was the first monk site I found so many years ago. It shall be missed.
    TheQxx likes this.
  5. DeadRagarr Augur

Looks like MONKLY used FD.......................for REAL for this.......

hahahahahahahaha
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Used to live on that site.
    Ah well MMOs were fun while they lasted. Well some were sometimes.
  7. Anhari Augur

Some of us (not me :)) actually grew up in MMO's and sites like monky business, ZAM, EQ Traders (Still love you mum). I hosted Stormhammer.org back when the server first started. Too bad I have lost contact with all of my friends on that site. I'd love to wax nostalgic with them.
  8. Ishtass Augur

This has happened a few times in the past, recently even. Usually Nedrom contacts the owner and they kick the tires until it runs again. Not sure how long until someone who can do something notices it.

Considering we're seeing a DB error, the site is still up, just broken at the moment.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  9. Ishtass Augur

Monks are back in Business
    Jhenna_BB and Fanra like this.
  10. Murphy Elder

Was never a fan. The board, at least old school mid 2000's, was run by a bunch of @#$%@. Bye.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Class boards are dying for EQ. There's like a 5 to 1 ratio of Rangers to Monks and EQ Outrider sees very little activity these days. :( It makes me sad.
    Kravn likes this.
  12. Nedrom Augur

Working as intended~
    Senadin likes this.
  13. Kravn Augur

I am just thankful preparations were made to Evilgamer.net that allowed Xanathol and I to take it over and recreate it on a new domain prior to EGN totally falling down. Brael, despite being long removed from EQ, really helped out in the transition to EQshadowknight.net.

That being said, Xanathol had ALOT of work to do as a lot of data was corrupted in some of the backups, but I think we are in a pretty good spot these days.
  14. Ishtass Augur

Still is. Bye!
  15. Nedrom Augur

QQ
  16. Senadin Elder

Ned! wtf! lol The site should come back from the dead!
  17. Ishtass Augur

Everytime he calls the guy that fixes it, it only lives for maybe a few weeks before dying again. RIP
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

What's the current URL for this? I did find http://monklybusiness43508.yuku.com/ but I'm not sure if that is the current one. http://www.monkly-business.net/ is not working for me at this moment (database error)

Also, if anyone wants to send me the information, I'm willing to host it over at fanra.info. It would be at monkly.fanra.info, unless someone wants to pay for a URL.
  19. Nedrom Augur

The guys that host it won't release control of the site to me. I'm in IT and it's super easy to keep a site online but they have not agreed to let me take it over. Sad really.

Yuku is not an official copy of the site.

I asked the owners to take another look...
  20. Beggly Augur

Sigh. No more birthday greetings from them, I guess. I'll miss it.