Pet Armor/Weapons

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Regazozo, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Regazozo Journeyman

The current system for pet weapons/armor needs to be consolidated a bit. Every time you summon a pet 18 items have to be traded, to ensure maximum performance. If this could be brought down to one trade or 4 items it would be a much welcome change.

Mercenaries are a good example of keeping the system simple and consolidating stats with only 4 items. I am not asking for permanent pet gear(although that would be cool, Armored Bear!). Summon-able bags of Set of Armor, Set of Accessories, Mask, and Set of Dual Swords that follow the same rules as the current summon-able items.

Any thoughts or suggestion from the other members of the community would be very much welcome, I do wonder how many others would welcome a change like this.
  2. fransisco Augur

this is actually a mage perk that they don't have to do so
  3. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Definitely a mage perk.

Overhauling the way the items work might be a stretch but just having more trade slots and being able to ctrl + click as with moving items between bags would be huge. Although in the big picture, I would not even assign this a priority level.
  4. Horkak New Member

possibly a way around this would be like merc slots just have it where they only benefit for 4 slots, ether 2 weapons and 2 jewelry items with all stats condensed. doesnt have to be permanent like merc ones, and would be nice if pet classes had another tab on inventory to see stats on pet like mercs now.
  5. blood & gufts Augur

Would say that this an extremely bad idea.

People are today used to that they can use normal items as pet items. Something very good and expensive items.
    But that come with a cost if you use it, and pet dies. That possibility would be removed if this come into the game.
    And if people still able to use it, but it would stay on pet when they die, then it would be way too powerful.

And if pets no longer can use player made items, then the other main 2 pet classes + shamans/sk would become 100% dependent on
    magicians, which would be a bad idea as well.

I dont see a need to invent the wheel
  6. menown Augur

Lets look at the benefits as well. If all pets came woth armor, it would be easier to balance them instead of looking at a parse of a fully bazaar geared earth pet and then nerfing every pet class down.
  7. fransisco Augur

Whats the point of mages being able to summon armor/jewelry if every class gets it automatically?
    Besides, pet nerfs NEVER have anything to do with facts.
    They always happen because select warriors decide its time to get someone nerfed again, and start posting fake data. And since tanks > all in the dev eyes, they go along with it.
  8. Piemastaj Augur

I fully support every pet coming summoned with weapons and pet gear....

Pretty stupid that they don't currently.

Just say no to pet inventory and stats also. Would serve a purpose for 10 seconds, then be a waste of developer time after that.
    Spellfire and menown like this.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

The last time, pets were clearly able to tank with a more reliable amount of damage taken than a warrior.
    Sure, warriors could do better by using their discs and and skill. I'd be happy for a pet mage that dps's for me that a real mage could be better than by using their buttons and skill.
  10. fransisco Augur

Correction - earth mage pets could mitigate damage (not avoid, parry, dodge, or riposte) better than warriors using ZERO abilities with no buffs.
    This NEVER happens (unless the warrior is a bad bot). Warriors always have some form of buffs and use tanking abilities.
    Again, I stick by my statement - pets get nerfed when primadona warriors post fake/misleading data.
    Listonchi likes this.
  11. menown Augur

You do make a valid argument about the pet inventory/stats. It would do little after the initial install.
  12. fransisco Augur

it would be very nice to know what your pet has on. Especially if you havent been on in a couple days and dont remember.
  13. Piemastaj Augur

Yes, but the developers can not figure out how to properly tune pets. I would much rather the pets actually work in all facets of the game, than get all excited about the pet having some bazaar gear on that I already know it has on...

It would be an incredibly fluff thing to add, and seeing as how anything in regards to pets takes a ton of developer time it is simply not worth it in this stage of the game. Would be a lot more interested in them making it so pets are not bipolar in instances and actually have some consistency on raids instead of them doing 40k DPS then doing 7k DPS. Or, you know actually doing higher DMG than they did back in RoF...
  14. Regazozo Journeyman

It would appear that most people agree that a pet tab /w gear slots, and the pet stats, would be a good thing overall not only for convenience but also for balance reasons, which I did not take into consideration when starting this post. I would ask as a follow up; Do you guys/gals think that permanent pet gear crafted/dropped would be a good step or would it be unfair to pet classes? Personally only having to farm a few items and my pet is geared forever sounds like heaven. 18 items x 2 for every raid attempt... gets old fast.
  15. menown Augur

Well, we could finally put that gearing up for an expansion excuse that warriors always make when justifying their nerfs towards pets. Haha. Pet classes would then want to gear up their pets with the newest and best tradable items in each expansion.

But I would still like to see pets get fixed and do more than 4-digit levels of DPS on raids. Pets are a pita to fix in the Devs eyes.