Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Gaol Journeyman

Another raid cancelled following multiple zone crashes and monumental lag delays to chat, zoning times and everything else.

It seems worse after Wednesday's incremental 'fix'.
  2. NeverPayForLag Augur

Fellowship needs 30-60sec to make...
    Rezz needs 30-60sec to get active so battle rezz is very unlikely to happen
    Zoning/porting from PoK to Vile Oak needs about 10+ min. After that I kicked EQ and did a relogin.
    That needed some tries because the login server seems bugged too. But that worked faster. Only problem: the toon got killed when arriving - rezzed again without zoning - worked. Nasty...

How about taking the code from last year and checking what DGB messed up? Before February this never happend in that extreme way. It cannot be so difficult to undo the crap of the last 6 months?
  3. Pootle Elder

Currently (see post time).... I am stuck waiting to zone (screen message: Entering Iceclad Ocean...)

Druid porting from Blightfire Moors to Iceclad Ocean.

So far its been over 8mins, and counting.....
    Well its been well over 10mins now. Gonna CtrlAltDel out of the game and restart.
  4. Gwadar New Member

Hi Roxxlyy and Prathun

Would it be possible to get an indication as to how long it will take you to repair the infrastucture and thereby AB - are we talking weeks, months or years?

Do take into consideration that this is a long outstanding issue and that you have an expansion coming out in a few month time, where you would like us to buy it from you
    Yinla likes this.
  5. heruthemonk Lorekeeper

Not sure locking the only thread where Dbg were actually communicating, with AB citizens, is a good idea,at least as far as PR goes....

Honestly communicating with customers is a good thing, especially when you have 300 accounts minimum, plus their boxes, that must be questioning their sub status. I'd also guess, that like me, many took the 12 month sub last year, at the discounted rate, and are now deciding if they can justify the cost/service ratio.
  6. eliandra Elder

they don t care about ab citizen , in fact they are incompetent and a tread in news with lot of players angry about some month with lot of bug (houseand guild hall vanish/lag chat/long time zoning/ launchpad pb ) is not a good publicity just before new add on ...
    not sure they are able to fix a cofee machine ...
  7. NeverPayForLag Augur

I never had a "long" zoning - zoning simple didn't make it up to 10 min. - so I assume zoning is "per se" broken.... anybody had real 10min+ zonings which worked without killtask?

The same again with the login server: it hang simply for a while - instead of waiting - killtask and instant login possible - I assume that eqgame.exe simply is horribly bugged it hangs especially under Windows 10. Windows 7 has less problems with the login server.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I don't think it went up to "real 10min+ zonings".
    Here's some of my zoning times of the recent days - only those that took longer than 30s,
    as zoning times differ per zone and involved textures and such obviously:
    (for reference: all times are in CEST)

[Sat Aug 19 02:46:00 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Aug 19 02:48:50 2017] You have entered Frontier Mountains.
    =>2:50, this was the "highlight".
    !!This was in off-off hours, mind you - hardly anyone on the server (not to mention the zones involved), so any delay was for sure not caused by a clogged server as many might think at first)

In comparison two - already also long zoning times - from the day before to the same zone:
    [Fri Aug 18 00:26:50 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Fri Aug 18 00:27:30 2017] You have entered Frontier Mountains.
    =>40s
    [Thu Aug 17 20:51:04 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Thu Aug 17 20:51:41 2017] You have entered Frontier Mountains.
    =>37s

During the day, zoning felt kind of slow, clicks of stones, lobby door etc took long to register.
    But last night(!!!) was indeed BAD, even compared to other high-delay occurrences :
    [Sat Aug 19 02:12:49 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Aug 19 02:13:55 2017] You have entered Chardok.
    =>1:06 to enter the empty static zone, to kill 2nameds.

Move to an HA after killing those two nameds:
    (this shows quite some variance in zoning times, as not ALL can be explained by loading the extra textures etc)
    [Sat Aug 19 02:36:38 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Aug 19 02:37:41 2017] You have entered Plane of Knowledge.
    =>1:03 to enter PoK

[Sat Aug 19 02:38:09 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Aug 19 02:38:21 2017] You have entered The Nexus.
    =>0:12 to enter the empty Nexus
    (still "ok" in absolute terms, but long in relative terms - there isn't much to load for an empty Nexus!)

[Sat Aug 19 02:40:22 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Aug 19 02:40:55 2017] You have entered Lceanium.
    =>0:33 to enter (empty of players) Lceanium, which is also already rather longish compared to "normal Lceanium zoning times

[Sat Aug 19 02:42:47 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Aug 19 02:43:35 2017] You have entered Scorched Woods.
    =>0:48 to enter yet another empty Scorched Woods

[Sat Aug 19 02:46:00 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Aug 19 02:48:50 2017] You have entered Frontier Mountains.
    =>2:50(!!!) to enter the (except for the summoning MAG at the other end of the zone empty) FM

[Sat Aug 19 02:50:23 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Aug 19 02:50:44 2017] You have entered Gates of Kor-Sha.
    =>0:21; felt "ok" in comparison to the zoning before that, but still... Gates is small and not TOO many textures to load either.

[Sat Aug 19 02:53:06 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Aug 19 02:53:34 2017] You have entered Kor-Sha Laboratory.
    =>0:28

That is a total zoning(!) time of 6min 15sec across 7zones.
    Even averaging, that's a lot (over 53s on average) when compared to what's normal without any delay-issues!

p.s.:
    I don't think it's a "bug" in eqclient.exe or any other client-side code.
    If it were, shouldn't problems of this kind be reliably repeatable?
    I rather think the problem is with the "handshake" between the processes handling the zones.
    Guess a lot of back-and-forth networktraffic from the EU to the US, and most likely some queuing problems involved.
    (Because delays for us increase at times when the US "wake up" or are busy)
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

When i came on a short while ago, i decided to do part of the trip again, for reference.
    Zoning seemed fine, until...

[Sat Aug 19 19:10:06 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Aug 19 19:10:25 2017] You have entered Lceanium.

[Sat Aug 19 19:12:09 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Aug 19 19:12:51 2017] You have entered Scorched Woods.

[Sat Aug 19 19:14:27 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Aug 19 19:15:04 2017] You have entered Frontier Mountains.

Trying to zone back to Scorched Woods:
    [Sat Aug 19 19:15:23 2017] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    (took the process down when the other account showed him as offline in the group window!)
    =>Client was still "up and running" at this time, it did not crash.
    =>Guess it would have waited for all eternity for the server (that seemed to have dropped the connection) to respond
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

got disconnected twice now while zoning...
    Yes, that IS bad!!!
  11. Thancra Loladin

The server is not playable atm.
  12. Mizar Lorekeeper

@ PoK, hit disband from old grp to join raid:

Click 'disband', about 80 seconds later message 'You have been removed from group' pops up, but I still show in group, about 30 seconds later group members dissapear.

Meanwile, click on guild lobby door:

I can still move for about 150 seconds, (funny enough just enough to see the whole drop group process), then zoning freeze for about another 120 seconds (while I type this, acctually) ... just nowI pop @ guild lobby.

Well, I am now waiting to zone into guild hall ...

Would a DAILY scheduled server reboot do any good, like 30/60 minutes before 19:00 CET when most guild start raiding ?????????????

Update ... after 4 minutes trying to zone into standard guild hall I crashed to log in screen when 'AB down' shows up (no clue if its really server down, a few zones, or whatever)

For the love of Bristlebane, isn't there anyone there to sort this or at least to give some compensation at least ?

What should we do ? Start recording videos and uploading them on youtube to show where DB service quality and customer support for their products stand ?

And yes, 4 minutes later server up but now waiting at character selection screen for my characters to show up on list ... 1 minute and counting ...

Progress update after waiting 5 minutes with an empty charcter list I click back to server select screen and server is again labeled as 'down' ... its so pisspoot that I don't know if I am upset or amused, this is tragic and comical at once
  13. eliandra Elder

server deco just during sunday raid ... nice ...
  14. Sheev Lorekeeper

And all my characters are gone!!!!!
  15. Makta Elder

And the server is down lol. But yeah, lets wait for a fix that may or may not come, or transfer to Vox.
  16. Makta Elder

Oh, btw my house is still missing, petition has be in for 6 days now.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

That's nothing.
    Mine had been pending for 4weeks, then closed because because i did not reply in THEIR time-frame.
    Then a GM dropped a crate full of stuff on one of my plots (the wrong one) - yay!
    When i tried to sort it though, i noticed that a) he was listed as owner of half the things (anything he left me in a crate) AND that some items to re-create the layout were STILL missing.
    That updated petition is now pending in the 3rd or 4th week.
    Not to mention our GGH...

On the other hand:
    Why should they bother to repair the housing when it goes missing within two weeks again anyways?
  18. Adroxia Elder

Raids had to be cancelled today with absurd lag, and server crash, and so on.

Another great Sunday on AB.
  19. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

Not even logging in to AB worked today. Server select, no issue. Vox, no issue. AB ? One "unknown error" after another for 30 minutes. Managed to get to char select once, no chars for 5 minutes, then I went back to server select. So no idea how bad lag was today, because I could not even get into the game itself =P

Raid evening got cancelled for the 5th time. Since thats all I am playing for, I doubt that my renewal will happen in 3 weeks.

Edit: what happened to the perfect server performance on last Monday ? :(
  20. JolineSZ Augur

This lag issues and login problems are also happening at 5am in the morning when I am nearly alone. The more people trying to log in the more issues are ongoing, as today the whole server went up and down, up and down.