Ayr`Dal?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thraine, Aug 16, 2017.

1. FOGBANK Lorekeeper

thanks! wonder if the Knotted Serpent might port to Crescent Reach? Since that was in the Serpents' Spine...
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

Banner: The Knotted Serpent was just linked to me.
    It ports to the courtyard in High Keep.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Some of that armor looks pretty badarse. :)

They really do a pretty good job of wrapping that old armor on new models of all races. Some of the female armor looks odd on males still but too be expected.
  4. Prathun Developer

Ayr`Dal - Half Elves
    Teir`Dal - Dark Elves
    Feir`Dal - Wood Elves
    Koada`Dal - High Elves
    Sol`Dal - Fire Elves

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
    Am I forgetting any `Dal? Sand elves? Tunarian elves?
    Nniki, Benito and Fanra like this.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

I'm not sure if the sand elves were ever named in Everquest, but in EQ2 they are referred to as Sul'Dal. I realize lore doesn't cross over, but names probably do since it is just a translation thing.
    Nniki, Fanra, svann and 1 other person like this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

Probably a dumb question, but is there Koada Dal ornamentation in game already?
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hi Prathun & Co. Might I humbly suggest the following for future Heritage crates:

Feir'Dal Heritage Crate:

Guardian of Takish Illusion:
    [IMG]

And a Wolf or Panther Mount?

Koada'Dal Heritage Crate:

Unicorn Illusion
    [IMG]

Alternatively, a unicorn could be the mount with a Fae Drake illusion:

[IMG]
  8. roguerunner Augur

What about a `Dal name for Drakkins because they're half elf and half dragon
  9. Mykaylla Augur

Drakkin are half human, not half elf. Dyn'Leth is the only known half-elf half-dragon (being the only offspring of Veldyn and Lethar).

From https://www.everquest.com/lore/cities#CrescentReach :
    "The greater dragons of the Nest, Rikkukin, Yar`Lir, Tirranun especially, vehemently opposed the proposal of these extremists as defying dragon law and cast them out. The six dragons settled in the lowlands of the Serpent Spine Mountains in an old abandoned ogre city called Nokk and carried out their plans, creating the drakkin -- a half-human, half-dragon race.
    They called themselves the Circle of the Crystalwing, defining themselves as the future of dragon kind. The dragons are:
    Venesh the Greenblood
    Draton`ra, Master of the Void
    Keikolin, Bringer of Enlightenment
    Mysaphar, Seeker of All
    Atathus the Red Lord
    Osh`vir the Windspirit
    Venesh, Draton`ra, and Atathus shared similar philosophy and differed from the other dragons. Their plans for a new race did not involve cooperation. They would selectively kidnap and steal away the human children they felt had the properties they desired in their new offspring. Keikolin, Mysaphar, and Osh`vir chose to cooperate with humans and have their blessing when it came to selecting humans to be touched by dragon magic. The city they adopted became known as Crescent Reach."
    Brohg likes this.
  10. Zaviere Augur

So, I love the new armors... except for the boots. I think the whole bell bottom look could have been executed better. As is, they come across as a rushed afterthought in overall design, in my opinion. Especially on male characters, like my Vah Shir Bard, they look chunky and... well, just bad. My favorite set, and the one I am now using on my Bard, is the Meanderer's Scalemail. It looks fantastic from top half of the shins and up. The boots are just these big clunky-looking hunks of plain nothingness. I know that's essentially how they looked as old half elf models, but a little extra flair wouldn't hurt for these modern interpretations. Though, I WILL give credit for "jeweling" the feet claws on Vah Shir. That's a nice touch. I just wish there was a little more of that detail on the rest of the boots.
    Nniki likes this.
  11. Endless Augur

Not sure about all of them or if there are more, I have the paintings to port to Surefall and Highkeep and the statue thing to port to Surefall (why two for Surefall????), they are all placeable in the guildhall and everyone can use use it to port and there is no refresh delay to use again when placed. Never tried using from inventory.
  12. roguerunner Augur

So Dyn`Leth is half elf and half dragon, that is what I was thinking about. Wouldn't all of his legions be part of his progeny? Or they are all entirely just Drakkin's who joined him?
  13. Mykaylla Augur

They're regular drakkin that he was capable of exerting control over due to his link to the Scale.

"When Dyn'leth learned that he was in part born of the magic of Veeshan's Scale and that it was thought it could control dragons as much as heal and protect them, he chose to learn to control its power.
    Not being a pure child of Veeshan, Dyn'leth was immune to many of the scale's powers, and he soon found out his father was not. Much later, he would also learn that many drakkin are not immune." - Lethar and Dyn`leth - Blood of Betrayal Vol. III
  14. Poyzen Frawg Augur

$100 in station cash and I got 5 suits of plate male..... Thanks so much DBG. :(
  15. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Randomized loot from cash purchases are awful and needs to die out.
    Fanra and Yinla like this.
  16. Ragbert Elder

I hope the ogre heritage package will include the original butt scratching animation.
    Fanra likes this.
  17. EnchFWO Augur

Any time you "win" a HF armor ornament set you should get a popup window to let you pick the set IMO (like how modern spell runes work). Of course, that would significantly reduce the number of purchases so that's not likely to happen :rolleyes:... although it might actually increase purchases if someone is trying to collect ALL the sets. Hmm... I know now that getting repeats just makes me frustrated and I stop buying whereas if I could pick that would be a guaranteed 6 for my box group.

Luckily I got a cloth set on my first box click for my main. Let's see how much more money I want to waste though :confused:
    Yinla, Nniki, Koryu and 1 other person like this.
  18. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You can always substitute the butt scratching by doing it in real life. It makes me feel nostalgic.
    Yinla and Brohg like this.
  19. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Pretty dissapointing to see that the Mount is just a ripoff of the LoN Bear Saddle model
    EnchFWO and Nniki like this.
  20. Koryu Professional Roadkill

That would be amazing compared to how it currently works. Most people seem to want plate or mail, which leaves a bunch of the remaining sets sitting around as unwanted junk. I am one of the people looking to get one of every set so I can take screenshots of the full suits for ZAM, like I did for the Teir`Dal set. The random aspect makes it a very pricey pain in the butt.
    Yinla and EnchFWO like this.