Initial zone in to game from char select

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dega, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Dega Elder

Takes several minutes after patch, something temporary or something else. First I thought it was due to the files, or a missing file that is hosted by a nice guy helping us out that cant get past your launcher, but after a few minutes toon is zoning into game, once in no issues with zoning or logging to another toon and zoning in with that, no dly whatsoever. Just the initial one.
  2. Perenti New Member

I've been trying to get in for an hour now. From char select I end up with a time out OR "server not responding". When I log in again it tells me I have a char in world.

I have fast internet (14Mbps), everything worked before the patch... but now.

I read in the OP and other threads that people are getting in after 2 or 3 tries. I'm up around 10 tries...
  3. Perenti New Member

Still trying...

If any devs are reading this, is there anything I can do to alleviate this?
  4. Perenti New Member

2 hours of trying to get in so far.
  5. EQ Dev Developer

This sounds like you don't have the latest spells file. You'll need to get the latest spells_us.txt file.
  6. Perenti New Member

It looks as if it's a problem running under wine. Not happy. Linux has better disability support than windows.
  7. Bigfan Augur

8. Dega Elder

Yep, that was it :) everything running smoothly again, thx eq Dev and thank you Bigfan AKA pissedcustomer :)