Priest alliance spells

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Raccoo, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Raccoo Augur

Is there a way to tell when this drops to rebuff, or do we just have to keep switching between players we heal to fulminate, to those we cast the buff on? I've seen someone say the tanks would let healers know when to rebuff, but that is a lot to ask some tanks. I'd prefer it to work like all the other alliance spells, where we wouldn't have to worry about switching between targets to heal and inspect buffs.

I just really hate the design of this spell line.
  2. Brohg Augur

Unfortunately no. The specific problem is that being healed by a fulmination on another player is the same message as a fulmination of the buff a player is wearing.

I happen to know who this -
    [Mon Jul 31 21:51:55 2017] An ancient alliance is fulminated! You have been healed for 105932 points.
    - was splashing off've, but there's nothing about the line that would corroborate that knowledge.

This would be much less a problem if a new Alliance would overwrite the old. That's the fix I'd like to see, since my understanding is messaging like that is difficult to address in the game engine
    Gundolin likes this.
  3. Clarisa Augur

I don't have much experience managing priest alliances on multiple targets, since shamans handle that for our guild. I do find it easy to inform them when their alliance has dropped, though. In the UI screenshot below, for example, I can very easily see that Goodurden has an active Ancient Alliance (that green hand looking thing in his buff window). None of the other buffs he uses look like it, so when it fades, its absence is quite noticeable. When I see it drop, I use a simple 'Needs AL' social hotkey that sends a message to our priest channel '%T needs Shaman Alliance!' and one of the other shamans usually responds by applying it again. I find it a lot easier to notice an AL dropping than I do a UL (Undying Life) or even a DI, as those share icons with other buffs and my eyes catch those more slowly since they share the same muted color as other icons while the green of the AL icon tends to pop out at me.

[IMG]

It's not ideal, of course, but I do find it more reliable than tanks tracking these temporary buff window buffs themselves. After all, their attention is probably focused on other things besides their buffs while as a cleric, I spend a lot of time starting at their health bars and the buff window conveniently underneath it. The alliances are also a little easier to manage due to the fact that they last several minutes unless fulminated, and in the case of priest alliances only 1 or 2 targets (the MT and maybe a primary OT) will have it fade prematurely due to fulmination as it requires a lot more than 1 or 2 priests spamming a target to accomplish that. So if a shaman casts a bunch of alliances before the event has started, then they have a general timer for another round of alliances on all of the targets except for those 1 or 2 because on all the other targets, the alliances will fade without being fulminated at around the same time. That does get a little trickier if tanks die and are rebuffed earlier than the others, though.

That would be the easiest solution. Unless there is some coding reason behind it, I suppose it wasn't done that way because they didn't want to create a situation where an alliance's fulmination could not be triggered due to constant overwrites, the fulmination being seen as the most beneficial part of the spell (even though it isn't). If an alliance could be overwritten, it wouldn't be any different from the situation with promised heals, though. A promised heal being overwritten is actually worse, because an alliance could provide a lot of AOE healing even if the fulmination is never triggered due to overwrites while a promised heal loses all healing potential (aside from a small PI heal if enough damage is received) if it is overwritten before it has a chance to trigger. In either case, the designers would just be leaving it in the players' hands to manage the buffs so that they have their maximum effect rather than forcing it on them by preventing overwrites.

I would feel differently about it if the fulminations were actually useful and there was a situation where you'd want a druid alliance on someone instead of a shaman alliance, for example, but as they are designed right now, that isn't the case.
    IblisTheMage, Gundolin and Sindaiann like this.
  4. Sindaiann Augur

Back in March I asked the devs to implement a WORN OFF message for Ancient Alliance for the shaman caster. I was told it was set to not have one and may or may not be intended. I asked if they could change this and Prathun said he would look into it.

Admittedly I have not looked at it much since as I have been very busy, but at the time it would of been the easiest way for the casting shaman of alliance to both know which tanks had Ancient Alliance and which need re-casted.

For instance using GINA -

Search Text (fast check) - ^{s1}'s spirit is watched by an ancient alliance
    Timer Type - Count Down
    Timer Name - {s1}'s Alliance Timer
    Timer Duration - 5 minutes (or whatever the duration is)
    End Early Search Text - Your Ancient Alliance Rk. III spell has worn off {S1}
    Timer Ended Display Text (or/both text to speech if you wish) - Recast Alliance on {S1}

This would allow 1 shaman to manage Ancient Alliance on multiple tanks and know which tank had one fall and when, which would be a lot easier than watching their buff windows.

Again I have not looked at this since March, but this is what I did ask for.
  5. Repthor Augur

As the tank you get msg when it completes. Gina that and have a hotkey to a shaman for refresh
  6. Sindaiann Augur

Yes that is known, still not as efficient as the shaman knowing without looking, but currently the only option aside from doing what Clarissa does.

My method above would allow 1 Shaman to manage Alliance on as many tanks as possible, all with separate timers running that end when Fulmination or timer ends.

It's the way it should be.
  7. Repthor Augur

i never claimed it was optimal. but tanks telling the shaman is way better then playing the guessing game with the shaman

we can play the could be, should be, game all we want dosent change the fact that right now the best way is tanks keepung track of their own. second best way the tanks healers keeps scanning their buffs for them

is it inconvient yes, but it works. untill someone at TheyBreak can muster up the energy to give the shaman a worn off msg,
  8. Sindaiann Augur

Indeed. I asked back on March 12th and that was basically 5 months ago now.
  9. kookoo Augur

I play with old spell icon ( like many others ) , and alliance buff icon using the old icon model is much harder to find , compare to clr and druid's one.

I do have a gina with 4min45 sec or so timer tho.
  10. Brohg Augur

lol, a healer alliance under pressure gets popped in under two.

[Fri Aug 04 22:55:22 2017] Tank00's spirit is watched by an ancient alliance.
    [Fri Aug 04 22:57:51 2017] An ancient alliance is fulminated! You have been healed for 105932 points.
    [Fri Aug 04 22:58:03 2017] Tank00's spirit is watched by an ancient alliance.
    [Fri Aug 04 23:00:33 2017] An ancient alliance is fulminated! You have been healed for 105932 points.
    [Fri Aug 04 23:01:23 2017] Tank00's spirit is watched by an ancient alliance.
    [Fri Aug 04 23:03:38 2017] An ancient alliance is fulminated! You have been healed for 105932 points.
    [Fri Aug 04 23:03:44 2017] Tank00's spirit is watched by an ancient alliance.
    [Fri Aug 04 23:05:39 2017] An ancient alliance is fulminated! You have been healed for 105932 points.
    [Fri Aug 04 23:06:02 2017] Tank00's spirit is watched by an ancient alliance.
  11. Jetslam Augur

Typically only the MT is going to ever even have it fulminated. Off tanks generally don't get/require enough heals to blow through the charges.

As Clarisa said, the best thing is to have the clerics in the main tank group setup a hotkey that directs to the priest channel to let the shaman know to refresh. The non-MTO tanks just need to be refreshed when the duration wears out.
    Brohg likes this.
  12. Gundolin Augur

When I'm in the MT Group I stare at the big green hand in the buff window. When it disappears I ask for a refresh. I'd love it if our shaman had a trigger instead.
    Brohg likes this.
  13. kookoo Augur

since MT is usually the one who will proc the big heal with enough heal landing on him, I check where the alliance buff land on his buff set so I can see faster when it 's gone
  14. Raccoo Augur

I was thinking today, it might help if all of the priest alliances had the same icon (easily identifiable from other buffs).
  15. bigpapa Augur

I did an audio trigger {{ An ancient alliance is fulminated! }} who work good ,( range 80 feet ), so MT need to get it again .
    combined with the 4min 45 or so length , it pretty much cover the alliance timers...

[50255] Blessed Fulmination IIITarget: Target AE
    Range: 300', AE Range: 80'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    AE Waves: 1
    Hate: 1
    1: Increase Current HP by 105932
    Text: An ancient alliance is fulminated!
  16. Brohg Augur

it's usual to get that line of text 40-50 times at once when the fulmination fires. you don't mind that audio spam?
  17. bigpapa Augur

???.

it only fire once ( well 2 ), when the fulmination fires,, I don't care if it fire every 2 min or so, ( sometime longer , sometime lower than that )..since I know right away when I need to recast on MT. ( usually MT since he get most heals, ).

I will see if I can get some alliance fulminated and compare to your;s , but I am sure our guild healing is not as good as your's..

and we are usually 2 shm in raid to cast alliance on tanks, and I rarely seen 2 alliance fired in under 1 min,
  18. chocster Lorekeeper

Create a GINA for the fade on yourself
    Cast on yourself then the MTs
    As GINA triggers, recast on your intended targets
  19. Jetslam Augur

That works if the spell doesn't fulminate which works for every situation except raid healing on a main tank. In those circumstances, the spell could fulminate in 1-2m and then you've got a MTO without it until your trigger tells you yours fade.

I personally just have a trigger set up that puts a timer on my screen for each tank that has alliance. I know that if it fades, it needs refreshed. I also have a separate one that tells me if I'm healed by a fulmination, and then I know that the MTO needs to be refreshed.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Also, if the tanks have a trigger for it fading they can call out that it needs a refresh.
    chocster likes this.