Does the race of a merc effect how good it is?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by asfasfasfasf, Aug 10, 2017.

1. asfasfasfasf Augur

I am just wondering if a big scary Troll merc would be a better tank than a little Froglok merc?

Also where can I get some cool looking mercs? I like the standard races in PoK but I would like something that looks fancy. Thanks!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not really but I swear by the female high elf healers, always keepin this ranger alive - even battle rez'd me once. Tried the males but they ran off. Might have been my deodorant. So anyway there are really a lot of styles of merc in POK - here and there. Frogs, Vah shir on and on but check under your /claim and see if you have any there or just read up in this - has a good list and where or how to get them:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Mercenaries
  3. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

My healer Merc is a red bone skeleton. I can't tell what race he is , but he's good.
  4. Scorrpio Augur

Race is cosmetic only. I am pretty sure bloodbone comes as reward for a dream quest - could be the J5 one. Gingerbread man is "confectionary contract" at loyalty vendor. Some world quests award others. But mostly special mercs come from 'legends of norrath' packages.
  5. asfasfasfasf Augur

Thanks guys!
  6. Larsupial Journeyman

My enchanter walks around with "the Drakkin Slayer" title. My healer merc is a Drakkin. Good thing it doesn't hold any grudges. :p
  7. DamnataAnimus Elder

I don't think that's 100% true. When I first started playing eq1 the bloodbone merc was in my claims. Though I played lon before it closed down all the rewards I got were used in eq2. At the time I started here I had bought/used no lon prize cards. My bf also had one in his claims too.

On topic my drolvarg mercs look cool but are no different to any other mercs, though they don't get used now. Think of it like a skin for other games changes look of a weapon but otherwise it's the same weapon as the regular ones (damage etc)
  8. smash Augur

I found that at the beginning of some of the special mercs that they were kind of bugged so i mainly uses the standard mercs.
  9. SomeEQGuy Elder

Use a small race merc unless you enjoy staring at a fat butt all the time. Mercs always seem to be in your field of view.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Scorrpio Augur

That is why I use female DE merc. :)
  11. Phrovo1 Augur

the on merc you actually want in your field of view
  12. code-zero Augur

Nihil mercs are good as well
  13. Azbaelus Lorekeeper

I have a mage with a banshee healer merc, and she doesn't seem as on the ball as the others. Mostly I prefer frogloks, but I can't remember how I got the contract for that one.
  14. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Froglok mercs are hired from the troll mercenary vendors. The ogre vendors have the orcs. Female orcs look like male orcs because Warhammer 40k orks. If you search a bit you might find some Warhammer ork models of ork males crossdressing or is it an ork female.....?

No special abilities for mercs but some do make some ghastly noises in combat. The drachnid mercs are rather unsettling with the sounds they make. The drakkin female mercs have a battle cry similar to the female barbarian mercs.

The banshee is one of the more meh models, not real keen on the haggard looking old woman. Even in fiction banshees were young when they died, but I guess it's better than having banhees.
  15. Pootle Elder

It would suck if one race of merc was better than others... in this game where we squeeze out every stat to max out our power, this would just result in everyone using the 'best' merc and looking the same.
  16. Azbaelus Lorekeeper

I meant where I got the contract for the banshee; the frogloks I just buy in PoK.
  17. Soju Elder

Iksar mercs have a higher base AC than others so I tend to use them as my tank mercs. Its not a huge AC bump but hey it all adds up.
    svann likes this.