Antonius Bayle Server: Free Transfers to Vox Available

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sashnia Elder

It needs to be a server merge, while the transfer is appreciated, splitting the euro community will be extremely detrimental. The preferred option would be a server merge with The Rathe server, as that is where another small contingent of euro players lives, however a full merge with VOX would be acceptable.

While many of the current players could indeed decide to server transfer now en masse, what happens in 5months time when the problem is solved, the server transfer is no longer free and euro players start returning to find they are on a half populated AB with no raid guilds?

I would also point out that while some testing on vox was done with some level 1 chracters, this hardly replicates peak raiding.
  2. Sashnia Elder

Final point, I didn't see this answered but do want it clarified, when you say its a one way transfer do you just mean its a one way "free" transfer and we could pay to move back to AB, or do you mean transfers off VOX back to AB even if paid for would not be allowed?
  3. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

My ping on AB = 35ms, on Vox = 185ms. I have played on "high-ping-servers" in the past, Solusek Ro / Bristlebane with over 200ms, and I can say that it DOES make a difference. I will never go back to a higher ping voluntarily.
  4. Theo Journeyman

Lets not forget that AB is not just an EU server. Many players are US who work shifts so cannot play/raid during usual US primetime. For them a move to a US server with a strong EU play time is a win win.

On the ping issue, seriously, maximize your own hardware and gaming experience before you blame DBG. Games far more responsive to low pings (CoD, etc) should give you reason to complain, not EQ.
  5. Bobsmith Augur

Why transfer from a broke server to a dead one? o_O
  6. Fehu Journeyman

move from DB imo, fix AB or let them move to one of their choice, or is it time to merge?
    RPoo, Reynen, Igniz and 1 other person like this.
  7. Deillusional Augur

All due respect, but its 15:47 uktime on a Sunday trying to raid, and 5 mins per zone, 5 mins per raid chance. Peopel going LD on zone taking 10 minutes to actually log on the server ( an error has occurred or characters actually appearing at character selecT).

You have had almost a year now.

Move us all to another server don't give the choice, this way it be better in the long wrong for the players that play, or try to, on AB.
    Yinla, Furking, Fehu and 2 others like this.
  8. Deillusional Augur

long run* too
    Furking and Zortex like this.
  9. Ginormus Journeyman

Not only the issue is still there, but getting worse every day. Sunday afternoon, 8 to 10 minutes to zone. 5 mins to send / receive messages. Raid cancelled, on the best raiding day.

The opportunity we have here is to move from a broken server to a dead server ? Wow, amazing. Thanks for the offer.

I had a friend that got suspended for 2 weeks for afk farming. That friend got suspended for not answering a GM's tell wtihin 3 minutes. Given the lag right now on AB (up to 5 mins to send a tell), do we all run the risk of being suspended ?
    Reynen, Igniz and Zortex like this.
  10. Igniz Augur

This is ridiculous. My toon is zoning from Chardok raid instance to lobby since 12 Minutes (at least I now see "entering guild lobby").

If you want to shut down AB so badly, then at least do a proper server merger, where the whole of AB is moved to another server (preferably The Rathe, where at least SOME other Euros are), with all toons, guilds, guldhalls, banks, shared banks and so on, and dont try to force us to move every single toon ourselves, thereby leaving our guilds etc. behind to rot.

One year and longer this is going on. This is a joke, DBG, and not a particularly funny one.
    Fehu and Zortex like this.
  11. Zortex Journeyman

As a Guild Co-Leader of Sacred Phoenix, and a Raiding Member of SoD, this lag is clearly unplayable, for both casual players and raiders, my guild members are not even logging on to EQ due to the fact they can't even play the darn game. Raiding wise it took me over 7 mins to accept a rez after a raid whip. Merge us with a new server all at once, if we give optional choice server will just bleed out and none will be happy. My guild has lost over 40 members to the Vox transfer already. We want a SERVER MERGE with The Rathe not a 1 by 1 transfer option to Vox a dead server.
    Reynen and Fehu like this.
  12. bellower New Member

reading all this post i see atm 2 options available.

move to rather where are there some other euro time players.

or make a completely new server where all AB players items and all thingies get transfered.

Only thing i can says is that lately this is unplayable and getting worse and worse, 15 mins to log in the game woohooo and even better 10 mins of zones in middle of a raid with lag chat lag etc, this coming unplayable and vox option seems really bad for us and good for you. sorry but atm i stay in AB untill i see any of those 2 options that seems everyone want atm
    Zortex likes this.
  13. zhay Journeyman

is the bad performance on AB today where server is unplayable a kick to player to force us to move to VOX.
    It is kind of interesting that server is performing so badly after you proposed player to move to a semi dead server - on a oneway ticket

zhay
    Fehu and Zortex like this.
  14. Thancra Loladin

This afternoon the server was completely unplayable, which is actually worst than anything that happened so far.
    Why don't you take the easy solution of just merge us with Vox? What's wrong with that solution?
    You could also take the very smart solution (that care about the community that make this game going) of merging AB with a server that has a Euro community like The Rathe. I don't think you'll overload anything considering how small AB is currently.
    Reynen likes this.
  15. Fehu Journeyman

Ack the irony, trying to log on to AB to check ping and getting "unknown error"...
    Reynen likes this.
  16. Furking New Member

Please do us all a favor and just merge the server with a WORKING server as Deillusional suggests.

There is no reason to split the community up with transfer options.

-Furking
    Reynen likes this.
  17. JolineSZ Augur

Vox is better because of its location on earth? This is a joke, isn't it? AB is in the Netherlands Amsterdam as far as I know for? what? 10 years? And all of the sudden 8 month ago the world that became closer and closer with faster and faster connections wents back 20 years to a 54k modem or what? Let's do the time warp again......
    And you need to re-build the architecure, after 10 years having a working server.
    :eek:
  18. JolineSZ Augur

Fehu, hiho sweatheart...it isn't the ping. The ping can be 34 and still nothing works or takes ages to react...and sometimes even with a ping of 200 everything is ok.
    Fehu likes this.
  19. Thancra Loladin

Omg Xegony people overloading our server! :p
    Reynen and Fehu like this.
  20. JolineSZ Augur

You are a laser brain it seems.......
    *speechless*
    Do you think we are all idiots playing on 20 years old PCs? BTW we have power here by now and also telephone and guess what the war is over........we are not living in ruins anymore
    Fehu, Igniz and Zortex like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.