Wishes for next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Questoften32 Augur

Really the thing that bothers me the most is lack of kick on hybrid classes even if it was for half as much damage, and sk's, they are not really hybrid but just spell casters if they cant kick, druids seem incomplete. Whats so hybrid about them?

They need a little kick, in there design.

Yet really I'm serious, it bothers me so much I cant play a druid and I love hybrids. I have made 3 of them and deleted each one.

That and epic 2.5's not scaling to 85 or 100. Drives me mad.
  2. Phrovo1 Augur

hybrid as in they take from 2 classes that are top in 2 roles (healing and DD dps) and have a little of each. why should a class that isn't really physical run up to a mob and kick them?
  3. Questoften32 Augur

Druid shamans, rangers and bst should kick. Rangers and bst do, never played a shaman. Nec, wiz, mag, and priest should not for the reason you just said, rouges should kick but not slam.

Any non cloth class leather and chain and plate should kick except priests...they should also be a cloth class.

Paladins have the heavy armor healer thing covered in a way that make since because they are like knights Templar or that's how I see them.

Priests should lorewise have a high powered semi permanent mitigation ability under aa that comes to the same as plate for ac. Maybe Angel armor? Something like that? Or if going with tradition, Divine armor?

I am just saying what makes logical sense.

As for epics given what people go through they should scale, up to a point, but not perfectly or it would invalidate higher level drops, they should at least be usable though up to the max level the quest could be taken say 85 or 100, prob 85.

No, not just the effect but the actually item. That is where eq2 made its mistake, its also the principle of the thing.

Should end up being on par or almost, with an extravagant defiant item. Perhaps there could be a 2.68 mission that causes the scaling. That would be the eq spirit.
  4. fransisco Augur

The wierdest one is bards - plate? :p
  5. Questoften32 Augur

True I forgot about them, they are just to odd for me to consider playing. Like Niki or Miki in cronocross, kill em with song, what is the like the movie shock em dead or trick or treat?

Such has its place but not mmo, I suppose them tagging around a paladin and being like a pet or squire makes sense though, inspirational.

No offense to bards but keep thinking Robbin hood for some reason, merry men and all that. ''wielding chicken legs for some reason?'' The imagination is pretty impish sometimes I guess...sorry.

Btw should be a leather class, bards. Jerkins anyone?
  6. Thrillho Augur

Turning an epic into an augment for a weapon would be the ideal way to go I think (which has been an ongoing request for years). Putting all that work in for an extravagant defiant weapon wouldn't appeal to many folks - most of us are well beyond extravagant defiant items, especially with the EoK gear.

If the epics were turned into an augment to add in the effect, that would add in value for each player, regardless of where they stand in relation to defiant items. Adding in an additional augment slot for epics only on each weapon would need to be done though - personally I wouldn't want to give up my damage aug for a health click. And putting damage onto an epic aug to equate the current damage augs wouldn't let it scale up. It'd be a lot of work, unless it would be a "from now on" sort of thing for all new weapons to have an additional aug slot for epics.

I know for sure the necros would rejoice.
  7. Phrovo1 Augur

why kick when you can bash. why kick when you can backstab.

also, you just contradicted what you said earlier unless you don't consider druids and shamans as priests?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Maybe they could use the ornamentation slot for an epic aug? No new slots would need to be added, but your weapon would always look like your epic, which some people would want and some would not.
  9. Thrillho Augur

This is available already. For both the 1.0 and 2.0 graphics.
  10. nantalbus Elder

even if they don't do levels and new pet spells. at lest give pet classes a aa in the new focus tab that would increase our current pets by the same amount as getting new pet spells.
  11. Questoften32 Augur

I meant clerics specifically, I really never liked that class name. I did not mean the archetype. I always associated the name with some half a.. attempt at being pc, like sims calling Halloween ''spooky day'' instead of Halloween or Samhain...sorry sims playing Druids.
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I did not realize that, but I meant to include this as part of your idea. Basically have them be upgraded into augs that do things that won't quickly become irrelevant. But instead of adding a new aug slot to weapons, just use the ornamentation slot for it. It might make it easier to implement.
  13. Evertrek Augur

your thread has been hijacked! peeps are talking about play balance, bug fixes, and things that have nothing to do with normal storyline based expansions. this thread should be closed.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

Have a question....what about how they have it set up in Grieg's End, where you have to kill a mob and the key is temporary, but gets you in. Let's say, in Vex Thal, that the keys that dropped were made to actually open the doors, but they were temporary, and poofed when you logged. The only downside is that the key holders spawn, what, every 6-ish hours? So, they would have to fix that. But just saying, instead of making a vendor or quest, just have mobs drop keys that are temp to get in.

Any thoughts on this Fanra?
  15. fransisco Augur

Anything to do with locked doors is HORRIBLE game design. It inevitably locks the majority of players out of content.
    This is no different than making up a mechanic where you can't go through without a druid, but for rogues instead.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Agrippa and Fanra like this.
  16. Reynen Journeyman

Locked areas were a thing 10 years ago or more, this is not content, if people can't access it because they're too lazy to make an alt or ask someone to come, too bad. Majority of people have access to a lockpicker today.
  17. Kappor New Member

Been gone for ages..mostly on 99, but gradually getting ready to return to Live, so I don't know if any of the recent expansions have touched on this:

But I'd like to start seeing content that starts to mend the gap between EQ1 and 2. In other words, lets start experiencing whatever it is that causes 2 to be the way it was starting out, lore wise. If this has already been touched on in some sort of time warp content in a recent expansion, I apologize. I'm still feeling my way through here.
  18. nantalbus Elder

ok i listed some thing i like to see in the new exp. but i will add/change some things.

1st. we need to have dps/buffs/disc/pets/etc that have been stonewalled for the last 3 exp increased to be decent for the new exp. this can be done one of two ways.
    1st level increase with everything that goes with it.
    2nd. take the focus aa tab and give it to everyone and use it to increase everything to what it be if we got new spells.

2nd can we please make having skill to play your class(s) count in this exp. While there are area in eok that you have watch what you are doing there are way to many places where you can play on autopilot. Can we please get a exp where you can't just sit there and spam one key and watch tv and know your not going die at all. Don't need to be all hardcore where one mistake and your group wipes. But something in between.

3rd can we bring back locked zones/tiers. Its always bugged me to see people on day one of a exp in the top tier zones bypassing everything else.

4 baring locking or making the whole exp take skill. Can we at lest make the top tier like this. Give those who do more then play on autopilot some place to go in the new exp that we can avoid the lazy players.
  19. fransisco Augur

Make heroic chr increase spell damage.

HDex is the go to ability for melee to increase damage (proc rate increase, accuracy increase).

Casters have no equivalent. HInt/Wis gives a miniscule amount of mana regen. What if HChr effected resist chances and increased chance of sympathetic procs occurring?
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  20. Thrillho Augur

I'd love to see an endurance mod rod. Endurance wasn't much of a thing back in the day, aside from jumping, so endurance mod rods weren't a necessity. Most abilities now are tuned for returning mana - rallying call comes to mind, which returns 1/6th (I think?) as much endurance as it does mana. Most endurance-returning abilities don't compare to the mana-returning ones. Dicho and Alliance are decimating already-taxed endurance bars. Could add an endurance aspect to the existing mod rods, or add in a new item / spell already. Can give it to mages, as they already have the mana mod rods, or give it to another class. Monks would be interesting - creating a physical embodiment of chi for others. But, being a monk, I have a bias.

Posted this suggestion in another thread: a haste aura around combat dummies so we can do equivalent long-duration parses in a short amount of time. 10+ hours is an ideal duration for a parse to get rid of the RNG (and even at that duration, the parse still has variability). Comparing 2 items means 20 hours worth of parsing to get an accurate readout (h2h vs 2hb for a monk, for instance). Putting a 10,000-100,000% haste aura around a combat dummy is going to save us a lot of time, and allow us to compare & evaluate (beta) a lot more. Don't allow it to reduce any timers that are existing prior to entering the aura to prevent exploiting (would have to make sure stuff like Lesson doesn't ever get its timer impacted in the aura).