Classic/Kunark Hunter Achieve Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobbybick, May 18, 2017.

1. Glynna New Member

Anyone know the trick on killing Spinflint in gorge of king xorrb? I have been clearing out everything for a couple months almost on a daily basis and spawn all the other named but that one.
  2. Ishtass Augur

I camped at the 3-way intersection on the NW side. Took a few days.
  3. Mysterrie New Member

Dagnor's Cauldron:

Killed multiple agua goblins and other mobs - I wasn't focusing on anything in particular or keeping track of mob types - Bilge Farfathorn spawned

After many hours and a couple of days, I tried the following method:

Killed cauldron rats and only cauldron rats - Flotsam spawned - by the time I tracked him down, he was deep in the water

Killed undertow skeletons and only undertow skeletons - Barnacle Bones spawned - he was right at the location noted on Good's maps.

Killed scalded rats and only scalded rats - Jetsam spawned - same as Flotsam, south of the island

Working on Squallslither now
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You got lucky. Flotsam/Jetsam/Barnacle have all wandering mob types on their cycle. Easy to confirm if you kill one of them and then keep killing a timed respawn at about ~1 minute 8 seconds. You'll see lots of mob types but will spawn the same named again and again. Don't just focus on snakes if you want Squallslither :)
  5. Ishtass Augur

Mobs get themselves killed a lot in that zone too, hard to isolate for certain.
  6. Ishtass Augur

Been struggling to get Valinion Viz`Daron to spawn, any hints?
  7. GoldenFrog Augur

Magelo shows him in the North West wing (https://eq.magelo.com/npc/412967). I never saw him there.

I found him in the southern-most bit of the SW area - around -820, 600

This is closer to where Good's map has him marked - at -600, 818.
  8. Ishtass Augur

Yeah I moved up to the magelo location for a couple days just in case, but I've been at Good's spot now for almost 2 weeks :(
  9. Ishtass Augur

Is there some trick to the spawn of this guy? Do I have to let the resurrectionist live to spawn him?
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You just pray he spawns from any of the roaming ghosts that emerge from the room. Took me 17 hours before I saw my first named between the 2 different ghost rooms.
    Ishtass likes this.
  11. Leezard New Member

WTB a potion of "increase rare spawn popper". Maybe a lucky Hunters Belt ... I dont know heh.
  12. Ishtass Augur

Thanks, at least I know I'm not wasting my time then
  13. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Ya I don't think the resurrectionist affects anything. Basically you need to kill the roaming ghosts...when they respawn in the resurrectionist area they have a chance of being a named...low chance however. This is a long ugly camp or was for me at least. Wild drogmars could not drag me back to this zone.
    Ishtass likes this.
  14. Lianeb Augur

Make sure you are killing the all the ghost roamers that you see, they are prolly PHs
    Ishtass likes this.
  15. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Not sure about Dalnir & Kurns but in Halls of Betrayal the chokidais have been renamed in each of the three sections
  16. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Does PlagueLord Heltral actually spawn? Goodness been camping this guy for nearly 20 hours didn't realize any of the mobs in Crypt of Decay (POP version) were rare. Is this a normal experience for this guy?
  17. GoldenFrog Augur

Plague Lord Hetral does spawn - I killed him shortly after the achievement was released. He didn't take 20 hours but others did.

Every zone has the potential for this, if the RNG just doesn't go your way.
  18. Egat Should have stayed in Halas

I've been enjoying reading this thread, only just started on hunting the old world/kunark achievements.

I thought you hunters may enjoy this old school website: http://www.hyperhighway.com/bilgehunter/
  19. Ishtass Augur

Going onto 3 weeks now for Valinion... my RNG is incredible with this one.
  20. Ishtass Augur

Finally got him. That's hands-down been the longest camp I've done to date.