Wishes for next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Moege Augur

Lets say all your points are implemented. Why would I buy this expansion ?

1. Different zones.
    2. Vague.
    3. Different player race. don't care
    4/5/6.
    7. Don't care. healer merc is all I need
    8. Don't care.
    9. Don't care.
    10. Vague.

So really the only selling point will then be new zones, I have more than enough to keep me occupied by leveling / progression in older content

3. New player race, that would mean classes, dialogue for epics, new starting quests, guild masters etc etc. Keep in mind that most of the npc models have limited animations. Almost a whole expansion worth of work just for this point.
    8. Marketplace mounts becoming irrelevant since you can buy different ones with plat.
    10. Bugfixes should not be expansion bound.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Thancra Loladin

No level increase, progression via AAs was a very good idea. Then you can put whatever you want in the expansion, preferably with a lot of zones and raids.
    Yinla and Reynen like this.
  3. fransisco Augur

There are many classes that need a lvl increase.
    Pets haven't seen an upgrade in 3 expac now. Same with buffs.
    All spells need an upgrade.

Another great change - single augment distiller. 1-20 augment distillers is just annoying. Can we just have a single one that removes all normal augments?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Agrippa like this.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I don't have a problem with that.
  5. Millianna Augur

H llz no. You have to get an augment upgrade on raid to figure out the only distiller you needed you forgot.
    fransisco likes this.
  6. microscope New Member

Make it so that mobs have better AI and can roam the world in hoards (and cross zone lines). And they can attack towns and capture them, so you show up to High Keep one day and it has been overrun by the orcs and they are now defending it, and a legendary Orc captain has shown up to help defend the keep.

And the players could go out into big open planes and start an outpost, and then start hiring NPC builders and bringing supplies from cities and dungeons around the world to help grow the outpost. Eventually the outpost can grow into a village, then a town, then a big city, and it can be run by players or a guild of players, and they can vote for a leader of the city who gets big bonuses.

But guilds can declare war on each other, and if some other guild feels like they should be the rightful owners of that city, they can attack it and kill the defenders and capture the town and takes all the rewards away from the other guild. And there could be dungeons with uber loots in that region, but only the people who hold the city can get access to the dungeon.

And besides the big cities, individual players might find a mine somewhere and decide to build their own small outpost near it, and they will set up a supply route. NPCs will travel to the mine to mine the ores and bring it back to the outpost, and then traders will come from far and wide to buy the ore at the outpost and trade other goods for it. But improved AI mobs will try to disrupt these supply lines and maybe even try to capture the outpost for themselves. So players need to band together to help each other defend their assets.

Either that or just add some more AAs and quests.
  7. nantalbus Elder

this I could see and like. like say for druids/shammies could have 2 stance one for healing and one for dps. don't know bout clerics

casters could have different stance for different spells types(magic/cold/fire/etc
    Reynen likes this.
  8. Kuvian Lorekeeper

Most of my wishes haven't changed in 10 expansions.

1) Direct connection from GL to Bazaar
    2) Mercs that run after you, and not walk. I never use a merc with my tank. I'll come back from a pull with a mob running at me and the cleric merc casually strolling back.
    3) Stop making AA Gate fizzle so damn much.
    4) Redesign the bloody Guild Lobby to get rid of that blasted cluster by the Magus. It's ridiculous
    5) Disable mounts in the guild lobby and bazaar. There are few things more obnoxious than some jerk on a giant, lag-inducing mob sitting afk in the lobby or blocking other traders in the Bazaar.
    6) Put a solvent merchant in the guild lobby already
    7) A searchable spellbook. For once and for all.

As for the next expac, which I hear will be a continuation of the Kunark experience, I want:

8) Named balance. It's ridiculous BiFaak spawns almost every time but the Flamewarden is about as rare as the Pained Soul or Quillmane.
    9) Cut back the spawn rates, a little. I like fast respawns for lesson burns but this is TOO fast.
    10) Stop making NPCs KS me. I have come to hate Lceanium for that reason.
    11) Make faction worth something. I think the last expac where it mattered was Velious. So I take faction hits killing spiders in Lceanium. So?
  9. Evertrek Augur

server merges and quality of play update. no expansion this year please!

merge the servers and put the remaining behind a paywall like the TLPs. add a freebee server and call it a day. back to the basics. don't add more levels.
  10. microscope New Member

Bring back silver!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Reynen like this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

IMO, waste of time. Players will mini-max to the best stance and use that one over all the others every time.
  12. Reynen Journeyman

You won't get any upgrades, the spells will be exactly the same relative to the content you get to play in. Except you spend time upgrading all your focus exactly to where they were previously. Waste of time! No level increase = new spells, it's much much better for the game.

You can upgrade pets without a level increase....
  13. fransisco Augur

The way things are now, spells are 2 expacs BEHIND current content.
    I'd love to have my spells all match current content!
  14. kizant Augur

I don't really understand this either. With focus AAs didn't most spells keep up? There were new pet AAs too right?
  15. Thrillho Augur

Having requirements (for lack of a better word) to go back to older expansions for spells / abilities / discs creates value in current expansions. Why put the time in to max out on something that takes a lot of time when you'll just get an upgrade in the next expansion? Or, why go back to "old" content when all you need for your toon is in the new 6-8 zones that were just added?

I don't mind having to go back to older expansions... to a point. I'm still using abilities from UF and HoT that should absolutely be upgraded. VOA I could see an argument for, as well as RoF. CotF, TDS, TBM are still current-ish. I know other classes are using stuff just as old.
  16. kizant Augur

The only thing I'd want spell wise is for the rk3s that drop in new raids to let you pick any spell from TDS onward so we don't have to go back as much to TBM raids to get everyone their spells.
    Fanra likes this.
  17. Reht The Dude abides...

Gnome mountain!
    Yinla, Fanra and Sancus like this.
  18. fransisco Augur

Only DDs and some dots have been upgraded.
    All buffs, debuffs, pets ect have not been upgraded for 3 years now.
  19. Drogba Augur

Some challenging group missions/achievements or a challenging zone like PoW.
  20. kizant Augur

I don't really expect debuffs to get much better at this point but I suppose some new buffs would be nice.