Phinigel - Raw Nihilite missing from drop tables

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stormblossom, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Stormblossom Elder

Originally during the GoD expansion raw pale nihilite and raw shimmering nihilite were dropped exclusively in Taelosian zones. There are several jewelcraft and smithing combines dependent on jewelcraft that require the drops to use.

After raw pale nihilite was renamed to raw crimson nihilite and both types were migrated to all enemies of the appropriate level ranges, I'm guessing an internal change was made that caused the drops from the GoD mobs to no longer be linked to the expansion. You can easily confirm that the material is from the correct era by looking at the jewelcrafting npcs in abysmal sea (or checking eqtraders recipe list for GoD) It is the refinement recipe/handing similar to taelosian wheat, taelosian tea, etc. For jewelcrafting, but in sufficient farming to get largue quantities of all the other unrefined items, the two types of nihilite currently don't seem to drop.
  2. -wycca Augur

You might PM Ngreth about this.
  3. Moggman Elder

i was actually curious about this, i did the reinforced jc bag quest so i can finish off JC with the easy gotten mats
  4. JustACleric New Member

5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We completed some investigation into this.

Basically, it's a mess. it's in a time period where it's no longer part of the mac server data, but older than our change logs... so... there is really no trace of what was done.

We will continue to look into it, but we cannot promise a fast solution. Raw Pale Nihilite is a true goner. There is no item for this and no quests use it, and thus no way to make Pale Nihilite. Yet there are recipes that use Pale Nihilite.

Our general plan is to either make sure those recipes do not count towards getting 350 Jewelcraft or making those recipes use one of the colored nihilites.

As for shimmering, we'll have to take a look at the drops for other trade-skills and attempt to duplicate the drop pattern in some way.

And all of this is rather research heavy, so it may take a while to fit in the schedule.
  6. mackal Augur

Grepping my patch notes I see references to "legacy" versions of these items? I don't see them on Alla and I did notice Crimson is the same item ID as the old Pale. I can't find the legacy versions on any site, probably had it's ID reused?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I thought back in 07 it was determined that crimson nihilite works as a substitute for recipes calling for pale nihilite?
  8. mackal Augur

There are multiple issues here though. One crimson doesn't appear to be dropping on TLP. Two, the recipes still exist so causing issues with the new TS AAs (don't apply to TLPs, but it's still something the devs have to resolve and they're not sure the best route yet)
  9. Hadesborne Augur

Any resolution on this yet? It would be nice to be able to make certain items that require crimson nihilite.
  10. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Raw Pale Nihilite was renamed to Raw Crimson Nihilite on 11-20-2007.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemhistory.html?id=58067
  11. Thimorn New Member

Since GoD has been released on Coirnav I have not seen any Raw Shimmering Nihilite show up to make those Tradeskill combines.

Are these drops still bugged?
    And if so, why not just put some Shimmering Nihilite on a vendor in Abysmal so that people can make the Tradeskill Stuff until you find a better solution?
  12. Zygard New Member

Not seeing any of the tradeskill Nihilite dropping on Coirnav yet. I can only find the vendor trash Shaped Nihilite. Did they fix the drops on Phinny?
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I still have not fixed this.
  14. VandilIzer Augur

Well at least he is honest :D
    SunDrake likes this.
  15. Krezzy Augur

Thank you for looking into this, Ngreth. If there's anything the player base can provide to help you, please say so!
  16. Zygard New Member

Hello Ngreth, I was just wondering if there are any updates as to the progress being made on this issue? I realise this issue was very broken and will take some time to repair. Again, Thanks for looking into this for our tradeskill community.
    Gaunt likes this.