Agnarr chat lag and rubber banding....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Evertrek, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Evertrek Augur

for the past few days chat lag has been around 1 minute before echo of typing text in any channel. i have also had issues with rubber banding and just lag while playing. this is happening for people in my groups...
  2. MaestroM Augur

Some performance issues can be fixed by turning off your logs. Certain spells like center for whatever reason cause my screen to freeze for a few moments.

As far as chat lag goes, i've been running into this as well. Often, randomly, it will just punt me from all chat channels and then autojoin them again as if i'd just zoned when i'm in the middle of a party.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

+1 to clearing your log file or turning logs off temporarily. As to the chat lag reports, are others seeing this? Can you recall or note about what date and time you see this? Thanks.
  4. MaestroM Augur

Regularly.

last night and Wednesday night it was especially bad. the game started spamming me that i'd left and then rejoined the usual general/class/continent chats every few minutes. It also re-adds everyone to my ignore list.

A week ago or so i got completely removed from all chats for hours and things like my friends list wouldn't load. Happened to a few other people in my party, but not everyone.

Edit: To be clear this is less of an issue to me than SK/Wizard/Ench epic bottle necks and guild-specific sleeper scripts. :)
  5. Lhelith Journeyman

I also noticed being dropped from channels and readded about 5 or 10 minutes later. happened to me last night around 8:00pm EST
  6. jack of all trades Elder

Had this issue Sunday for several hours from approximately 1pm PST to 5pm PST, and again Tuesday approximately 6pm PST to 9 PM PST. Myself and a few others kept being disconnected from multiple chat channels, and it required us to zone or relog in order to re-establish a connection.
  7. Evertrek Augur

no logging running, low graphics and sound (even though my system can handle full mode). fios fiber 100/100 connection. no way it's an issue on my side with EQ1.

what i see most is a freeze when agro drops. if i am running though any zone and pick up a mob, when agro drops i lock up for a second, screen freezes.

i also have rubber banding, massive chat lag (as much as a minute), and long zone times.

our systems and internet are 18 years more advanced, so i would think this game would have little or no lag except maybe in a massive raid...

EC tunnel can be laggy when full of traders, but that maybe video issues as with the GH...
  8. Evertrek Augur

i would guess that agnarr is full, they should lock/que logins at some number. but maybe now that there is continues raids on this server, even the user count is not the issue.
  9. squidgod Augur

Also been getting this since the aborted attempt to increase chat channel capacity (or spin up new general channels).
  10. Beggly Augur

I have noticed that rubber banding is getting a lot more common. I've had some chat lag, but not as much as is cited above.
  11. Evertrek Augur

no logging used atm.

really bad today. i noticed chat channels full, but no big deal. i also see tons of /picks that have very few players in them. ex. EC there was a second pick with someone afk leveling their SK with another toon.

i suggest that reboots of the server every few days will sort these things out. we know this is an older system and even the new ones have issues when running full. thanks for the reply.
  12. Febb Augur

Its server side lag thats causing all of that.
  13. Deadshade Augur

Rubber banding is systematic and worst than what it was a month ago ; There is no particular hour or circumstance - it happens all the time and everywhere .
    The same about chat lag and kicking out of chat channels . I observed it in all zones and at any time .
    Actually during Euro morning it is the lowest server population yet the problems still exist at this time too .
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I have had zero lag and zero rubber banding. /shrug

It sounds like it's a general internet problem between you and the server.
  15. eliandra Elder

wow so fast to react ... clap clap ... on antonius bayle we wait since christmas for lag chat (mainly during raid time ) a tread with 17 pages ..... one answer from gm ... 2 or 3 months ago ... and no news since .... don t know if politic in db is incompetent or coward ...
  16. Evertrek Augur

and their reaction was to say it was something i was doing! in any case, did they put a limit into chat that locks chat after 3 chats?

lag spikes and chat lag massive last night around prime-time. lots of picks for UR, server full, raids in full force on agnarr... maybe merge the inactive live servers and re-purpose some of the hardware for the TLPs? next week when RoK is enabled agnarr will be a mess with all the peeps working on epics, raiding, and starting iksar monks...
    eliandra likes this.
  17. Stell_CT Elder

Have had the same issue with chat lag for weeks now on Cazic. Every time i try to award loot in a raid instance. Every Sunday from 7pm-11pm EST :)