/output recipes?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Havanap, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Havanap Elder

Would it be possible to implement a command /output recipes similar to /output inventory which would make a text file with all your known recipes?

For bonus points it could allow you to say which tradeskill, eg:

/output recipes fletching
    feeltheburn likes this.
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'm not going to put myself through the agony of getting tradeskills up to 350 until this magical command is implemented into the game. Daybreak, make my dream come true.
    Miss_Jackie and feeltheburn like this.
  3. Thrillho Augur

Lol, as if the output command would make the agony any less :)

/output recipes fletching
    98 known of 3200
    Uuuugggghhh...
  4. feeltheburn Augur

5. Moege Augur

I am flabbergasted why people do not want to see such a command ingame. In eok beta I pleaded for it to be implemented and saw the following arguments against it.

e.g
    It will only show you what you know
    Nobody will use it
    It will create large files
    It is not needed, tradeskill containers list it.

/mourn for my sanity
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

7. Havanap Elder

I love the idea of Jira being used to track EQ issues, I have used it to report bugs, and I appreciate the work you do. But let's face it, the last resolved EQ issue was in May, and the one before that Sept 2016. So I won't hold my breath waiting for bugs or improvements to get noticed and fixed/implemented from the dgcissuetracker, at least for Everquest.
  8. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Devs have been fixing bugs reported on there for quite some time now. Where are you looking Havanap?

If you scroll down you'll see an area for DGC activity and all the bugs they have been fixing. One as recent as June 28th.
  9. GoldenFrog Augur

Of course everybody wants it. But prioritizing it in the list of "all that needs fixing" is a different story.

As others have said, the command would help - with a very small % of the entire effort.

0.5% - identify all recipes. Easy-ish with EQtraders
    2% - identify which you don't have yet. Easy, but a bit time-consuming.
    .....(or 1% if /outputfile recipes)
    7% - identify materials needed, how many, and where to get
    40% - GET materials needed
    10% - juggle 5 houses of materials needed
    40% - actually make all the recipes

Sure /outputfile recipes would be neat. But...
  10. segap Augur

How just telling them that this whole treade skill maxing recycling of beyond boring content should stop. No, we don't need something to make it easier. We need to give them the feedback to stop passing this crap off as content.

Yes, drastically upping the reward on the aug has increased the number of people working on tradeskills. It's also drastically increased the constant complaints in guild and general chat from people suckered in to doing this madness. If people keep being good lemmings and doing stupid things because of a hyper-inflated reward, we'll keep getting this sort of crap as content.

Just say NO and don't do it.
  11. Heile Lorekeeper

or just use this checklist .... I don't think I'll start on another tradeskill other than the 5 listed to get to 350. This list is the best I've seen. Props to Adetia of TR for this. Many thanks, and many many headaches averted!
  12. dwish Augur

While I understand where you are coming from, and agree the devs love to pass off questionable additions to the game as "content", it comes down one thing. EQ is a character advancement game, and the stats on the aug are too good to pass on for a lot of people that like to advance their character as much as possible (myself included). I personally like the fact that max stats on the aug will be somewhat rare, as it's a rather large time commitment to max out the artisan aug with 350 tradeskills. People can still choose not to work on this and it's not going to handicap them in the grand scheme of things.
  13. segap Augur

It says a lot about their development direction when they link the absolute best aug by far to the most hated, most tedious, least fun aspect of the game.

If they wanted to give the tradeskill crowd a reward for doing this, they should have made it so that you could craft a droppable container to upgrade the aug in. Perhaps one for each tradeskill with a hard set minimum skill of 350 to do the combine to create, each one giving a equal boost to the aug when combined in (by anyone of any skill). That would have been more in the spirit of tradeskills as something for people to become merchants rather than trying to force them down everyone's throats. They could have thrown in a slight bonus to give people with the maxed out skills a 5% bonus on the stats.
  14. Thrillho Augur

The worst part about it is the farming time. As long as you're organized, it's fairly simple to crank out a bunch of combines. I don't find it to be that bad. A large portion of the combines have a standard recipe layout with small modifications between combines. Figure out the pattern and you'll make a large dent in your combines. JC for instance has a large set of something like 650 combines from 4 farmed items (130ish of each required). Organize your bags and you can do your combines anywhere.

I ended up making a small script that reads off the EQTraders recipes to generate a shopping list for me, so I know exactly what to get for each batch of items I'm going to make - vendor & farmed. Works great. I set up a list of recipes I want to do, run the script, get a list. Once I have a batch of items ready, I'll just turn on Netflix and go to town with my combines. Rinse & repeat. Adetia's guides are great as well. I use them along with my script.

The stats on the aug itself without any TS modification are still fantastic. It's a viable aug right from the get-go. Having a bonus at the end of 5% for those that max out the tradeskills is definitely not worth the effort. Folks are already saying the time isn't worth it.

The updated stats on the aug are great. Aside from an increase, it gives you a bit more of a measurable readout of your effort. I had 2 skill-ups in Fletching the other day and had 2 increases to my heroics (and other stuff, but I'm doing this mainly for dex). Prior to that, you needed a lot more skill-ups per heroic increase and it made you feel like your effort was wasted. It's a much better system now.
  15. Havanap Elder

I went to EQ button, recently resolved issues, then order by "Resolved" which is the date. Having a look now, it seems like "resolved" is just one status that means resolved, there are others, so I will look again.
  16. Havanap Elder

OK, the problem with the tracker is that "Recently Resolved Issues" requires that issues have a "fix version" in order to show in the list. Most of the issues that have been resolved do not. Should be a simple query change to fix.