Need leveling advice please.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tiffy31, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Tiffy31 Elder

A friend and myself recently returned and started playing on FV. Both of us are 3 boxing. Im running warrior, druid, enchanter and hes playing cleric, mage, and wizard. We played until OOW came out and didnt play again until RoF. So up till 70 we are good on where to level and then again once we hit 90 and onwards. Its the stuff inbetween that we need help with. Also need advice on gearing. We have basically unlimited loyalty points so can get someone to buy us Solteris sets but what about after that?

Obviously the Teek hotzone quests are a good place to start but I know from experience that a lot of those zones arent really as good as non-hotzones. Also we havent even heard of the ones after level 70. For example we will probably do 60-70 in PoFire since its good exp and mobs are pushovers, but its not a hotzone. What are the PoFire versons of some zones from 70-90?
  2. Treiln Augur

Anywhere from 65-75 level range is good in Dragonscale Hills off of Steamfont Mountains (Ak'anon stone in PoK). The favorite camping spot is the farm. Which you can get 3 quests (gotta be 65 to get them) that have you killing X amount of mobs at the farm. Repeatable, so you can just kill and turn in and repeat to your hearts desire. The farm starts getting a little slow at about 73-75 though.

From that point I'd start in on Seeds of Destruction progression. Oceangreen hills to start with. This xpac boosts up the hp/attack of mobs so it's not gonna be a push over. But it's a fun quest line, and the quests reward decent xp and you can end with decent gear/weapons for the level.

At 80, you can go into the SoD version of Blackburrow (off of OGH), or head into House of Thule xpac and go into the Feerrott the Dream and start in on those progression quests. If you're comfortable, which with two 3box teams you should be, you can head into House of Thule. First zone there has quite a few quests that are fun and not bad xp as well.

House of Thule can/will carry you to 90 if you want. Courtyard from 80-83, grounds from 83-86/87, 86/87-90 from the multitude of end zones for that xpac.

Now I saved this for last just to get you to read/look into some of the xpacs you missed. With the Call of the Forsaken xpac, heroic adventures were introduced. Kinda like the old LDoNs, or MM, they're instanced missions. And they're available at level 75. The most common and most rewarding ones are the Gribbles in the Dead Hills (faster to Google that than me explain it horribly haha).

I know people that have gone 75-105 via these Heroic Adventures. And they're still popular at end level for the amount of exp they reward. Completing these HAs reward marks of Valor as well. There's a group vendor that sells gear (90, 95, 100, 105 that I know of, not sure if they do for lower levels though). Marks are easy to farm, and the lower level gear is next to nothing to purchase.

Hope this helps a little bit :)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Scorrpio Augur

I think you typically get like a notice as to what zones are currently hot for specific level ranges.
  4. Dabrixmgp Augur

I think they changed this. I no longer get a email every level like I used to telling me where to go. Even one every 5 levels would be nice but its not there anymore. Also OP states they werent around for post level 70 so what good is getting an message saying "Go to Silyssar, new Chelsith orMeldrath's Majestic Mansion or Arthicrex" if you have no idea where those zones are. Sure one can easily look to ZAM or use the Zone Guide but thats not going to tell you the overall difficulty of the zone. For example I remember DoDH zones being just downright awful to exp in if they were low level hotzones. Just because a zone is a "Hotzone" doesnt mean its a great place to hunt. I still level every single one of my Alts in Plane of Fire till at least level 70 and I dont think Fire was ever a hotzone (I searched back to 2006)
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hmm I will need to check my saved mail but I did get welcome to whatever level just recently but it might be level dependent - once your over a certain level you don't get it.
  6. kookoo Augur

7. Scorrpio Augur

No it is not mail it is more like an announcements window.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok so I went and checked my level 98 free box and in his mailbox I have a saved email welcoming him to level 85 and suggesting he go get a J5 merc in Feerrot but reminding him to be an all access account to use it lol and then saying the Old Bloodfields would be a good place to hunt. But no further mail for any higher levels. Checked on the all access box and same deal - last email was level 85.
  9. AlmarsGuides Augur

Treiln and 22wplkj like this.
  10. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

Many thanks for your guides Almar. I have used them a great deal.

I will use them even more when I buy the new expansion and move into TBM and beyond.
  11. Tiffy31 Elder

Just hit 70 and got tired of PoFire so headed to RSS. Easy kills and good exp but not being allowed to use mounts sucked. Prolly gonna head to DSH.
  12. Tiffy31 Elder

Well DSH was a kinda bad. We blew everything up in very short order but exp gains were pretty bad. Pretty much all of us are in Anguish/Demiplane gear. We gonna try Direwind Undead gnolls and see how that goes. If that's too hard for us maybe Arcstone? Gah why does RSS have to be indoors, exp was so good but we actually had to med. At least thats one great thing about this game. If one zone isnt to your liking theres like 10 others for that level range lol.
  13. moogs Augur

You may want to do Dragons of Norrath progression since you're at the right level range to get the most from it.
  14. Tiffy31 Elder

Direwind Undead camp is pretty good. We just hit 73 with Warrior being almost 74. Should have rolled a SK tank to keep everyone even lol. Also lots of RK 2s dropping so should be good plat once we are finished. Proly gonna stay till 75 and head to Loping Planes undead and then Hills of Shade. Been following Almar's Undead hunting guide so we can DPS with the Cleric.