Test Update 07/21/17 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Lenivaya Journeyman

What a shock, it's down again. Can someone please at least tell us you're aware of the problem?
    If I actually get in it's pointless to do anything as the server is gonna crash 10 min later and roll me back. It's getting really old.
  2. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Probably installing hotfixes...sort of par for the course if you play or playtest on that server & to be expected!
  3. Lenivaya Journeyman

This isn't natural. If they take the server down for a fix, we are given notice. I've been on test for years.
    This is the server crashing and kicking us out every 10 minutes. No warning, no nothing.
    If the server is up, zoning takes ~5 minutes, chat messages take over a minute to send.
    Then "whoops the server crashed again" including a rollback.
    This is 2 days of being unable to play because the server forgot what the word stable means.

The last time something like this happened, it lasted about two weeks and we lost a substantial portion of the test population because people just stopped trying to play. It'd be nice to not have that happen again.
  4. mmats Augur

They dont install hotfixes without a warning, you dont know what youre talking about. Test server is unplayable for 2 days now.
  5. Tealasa New Member

This is so frustrating. Can we please be updated and at least know that those who look into these things know something is up. There is something seriously wrong with either the server or something put into to the code recently.
  6. Lenivaya Journeyman

Oh and not surprising with the stability, but for what it's worth, testcopy timing out again.
    I have characters online on test atm but one is in ToFS and can't click between floors (stuck on first floor, trying to zone crashes me).. Tried to sent a chat message 25 minutes ago and it hasnt' shown up yet. invited a box to group thirty minutes ago and the invite hasn't arrived yet.
  7. klanderso Developer

We're planning a server bounce in the next 15 minutes or so in hopes of fixing the crashing issue.
  8. Kiadan Dakine Journeyman

Thanks Klanderso ! Any idea what was causing it?
  9. Bellona New Member

Well that didnt fix it
  10. Tealasa New Member

Not sure what a "server bounce" is but that clearly did not fix it. I think most of us would rather it be down for a few hours and actually have the issue looked into and fixed rather than just restarting the server every time it does this. There is something wrong.
  11. Lenivaya Journeyman

Personally I won't complain that it's down again because now I know it's being worked on. I'm happy to know you're looking into it, and appreciate the effort. Hopefully it gets figured out soon.
    (p.s. still want that space)
    Tealasa likes this.
  12. klanderso Developer

I'm still continuing to work on this and am getting some more eyes on it as well.
    Lenivaya and Tealasa like this.
  13. Sauzar New Member

No rush here..take yalls time.
  14. Tealasa New Member

Glad it's being worked on. Thank you.
  15. Tealasa New Member

Unknown error while trying to join server message still popping on.
  16. Tealasa New Member

Got on for about 2 minutes on one account after getting the unknown error on server select like 12 times. And then test went down again.
  17. klanderso Developer

Alright folks, we think we found the issue. It'll require some downtime tomorrow morning (we're estimating about 2 hours) and it should fix some things.
  18. Broozed New Member

still getting the message "an unknown error has occured"
    took about 5 mins to zone and then i got crashed to server select and server status is back to "down"
  19. Lenivaya Journeyman

Thanks for the update! Hopefully all goes well. Can't wait to get back to achievement farming.
  20. Te Tao New Member

Thanks, will try again tomorrow afternoon