When is Revamped Veeshan's Peak coming to TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ryak, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Ryak Augur

• February 9, 2004 - Gates of Discord Released
    • July 14, 2004 - Patch introduces revamped VP
    • September 14, 2004 - Omens of War Released
    It seems that revamped VP is not available on Phinigel currently (in GoD era) in either the static zone or the AoC instance. When is this revamp intended to come out? Also, will the AoC be updated with the revamp?
    Thanks!

P.S. If you do update this, don't forget to remove and/or update MotM appropriately! ;)
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

3. Brumans Augur

Zam says it should have came out with GoD: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers

I mean, even in GoD the revamp quests aren't worth doing for most raid guilds. I've been holding onto all the quest items for one of them since PoP, heh. In PoP it would have been decent for a little bit at least.
  4. Ryak Augur

... Dragons of Norrath? In the original timeline it came out BEFORE OoW. So there's no excuse for it to not at least be out by OoW. o,0. Is that from that huge FAQ?
  5. Progress Augur

I remember back in the day soloing the quests in the revamped VP after OoW came out (with the level increase made it doable as a bard), but on the current progression timeline it has opened reeeaallly late. Which is sad because it was a great alternative to raid gear for solo players.
  6. Ryak Augur

Is there any possibility that this can be moved to GoD or at least OoW as it belongs?
  7. taliefer Augur

they should take this opportunity to move this content to when it will actually be used rather than sticking the "true" timeline. make VP revamp with Ldon where the raid content will have at least some relevance.
  8. Febb Augur

I'm not sure why it is marked as DoN. Is there some quests that are tied to DoN for VP that I'm not aware of?
  9. Ryak Augur

Some of the focuses available in revamped VP shouldn't be available before GoD.

Namely Cleave and that sort, which aren't introduced until that era.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

With mid expansion changes like this, when it is closer to a new expansion, we put it in that expansion instead of the one that was open at the time. So... It *is* currently opening with Dragons of Norrath. We'll change it to Omens of War. That should make the next patch which is before it will affect servers yet to open Omens of War.
    Sumonerr_Tunare, Ryak and Prathun like this.
  11. Catashe Augur

Might as well just made it GoD.. Even in GoD, no one going to bother with the zone. OoW it'll just be a joke
    Xanadas and Polekn like this.
  12. Ryak Augur

Thanks for the answer. Is the AoC going to be updated with the revamped version as well?
  13. Numiko Augur

How about hot zones (or spots as they were originally called)
    They showed up during GoD time too.

------------------------------
    April 28, 2004
    ------------------------------

Hot Spots
    Try out the new Hot Spot zones which give a boost to Experience while adventuring in them, in a similar manner to
    Paludal Caverns. The current Hot Spots are:

- The Castle of Mistmoore (20th to 30th level)
    - The Lair of the Splitpaw (35th to 45th level)
    - Dulak's Harbor (40th to 45th level)
    - The Tower of Frozen Shadow (30th to 35th level)
    - The Gulf of Gunthak (35th to 40th level)
    - Hate's Fury (55th to 60th level)
    - The Crypt of Nadox (50th to 55th level)
    - The Torgiran Mines (45th to 50th level)

14. Febb Augur

Here is when hot zones unlock on progression servers.

Hotzones will become available on progression servers later in the history for those special servers. Different level ranges of hotzones will unlock on progression servers depending on what expansion is unlocked:
    • The Serpent’s Spine - Level 65 and lower level hotzones will unlock
    • Secrets of Faydwer - Level 70 hotzones will unlock
    • Seeds of Destruction - Level 75 hotzones will unlock
    • House of Thule - Level 80 hotzones will unlock
    • Veil of Alaris - Level 85 hotzones will unlock
    • Shadow of Fear - Level 90 hotzones will unlock
    • The Darkened Sea - Level 95 hotzones will unlock

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Hotzones
  15. Brumans Augur

Yeah. With PoP release it'd see activity, but there's enough to do in PoP IMO.

With LDON getting its own full expansion time, that would have been ideal timing I think. The gear would still be great for filling in gaps and alts, and there's probably a few choice pieces in there too.
  16. Hadesborne Augur

Thanks for the response Ngreth. Unfortunately, the level of the gear that drops in revamped VP is more akin to LDoN. IMO the zone should revamp during LDON to give guilds another alternative to POP farming and LDoN raids. This would be especially helpful on Agnarr. Even the items, that have cleave on them and other effects, are not game breaking by any means. Time gear outclasses it in most respects, but the augs are nice, and the clickies are nice. It would be really cool to not HAVE to raid fire/water/LDoN over and over to fill out your raid schedule during that era.
    Ruggar and Xanadas like this.
  17. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Please consider moving this earlier to GoD or Ldon so it's viable.
    Xanadas likes this.
  18. Jenarie Elder

I played on Test server and helped Zajeer test this revamp. My guild did the raid testing and my group tested every quest before it went live.

I clearly remember that the target of this revamp was for it to be elemental planes difficulty and the target participants were people who were in the elementals but hadn't quite managed to make it into Time.

All of the gear is elemental comparable. This should come out at the start of LDoN on progression servers or it is completely irrelevant and not worth the time to get keyed.

Edit: Sorry this was linked and I didn't realize it was a two year old thread. That said, I believe the info in it is still current - it was brought up because two progression servers are currently in LDoN and some people were looking for this revamp.
  19. Aegir Augur

That 135ac Primary/Secondary Orb from Xygoz though.
  20. Jenarie Elder