Dug up my Omens of War box set (Picture!)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zadune, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Zadune Journeyman

[IMG]
    Everquest Platinum from mid-2004 (first version I bought) has every expansion currently available on Phinny, so it's sorta like having a physical box for the progression server. What's even cooler is that I found the box set for Omens of War, the next expansion. The Berserker 2.0 replica is awesome, and the poster of epic weapons really makes them look badass.

I noticed the Ranger 2.0 is missing from the poster, though. What's up with that? Why did Sony hate Rangers?
  2. crag79 Augur

WTB Berserker Keychain...
  3. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

pretty cool thinking back to that, notice the lack of a ranger epic 2.0 on page. It was originally going to be a bow before they changed it to the sword and must not have had it ready for printing.
  4. Zadune Journeyman

Whoa, I didn't know that. Surprising thing is that I never noticed the lack of ranger epic back in the day, and it seems like the kind of thing that would jump out at me.

Trying to decide if I want to use the axe as a keychain, hang it up, swing it around, or leave it in the bag.
  5. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

[IMG]
    I hunted down the old picture I saw elsewhere on the forums. Looks like the pally 2.0 is missing from this picture, not sure why.
  6. Rhaage Augur

WTB... the other classes they didn't make... /sigh
  7. Zadune Journeyman

Were there supposed to be other classes at the time instead of Berserker? I never thought the Berserker was that inventive of a class. Lots of overlap with Warrior (at low levels) and Rogue (at high levels), without much utility.

I really like the final Ranger 2.0 that we got, but I wonder if a bow would have been a better choice. Never played one past 60 so I don't know how scarce uber-bows are compared to uber-swords at level 70.
  8. Rhaage Augur

sorry, I wasn't referring to classes they didn't make but epics of existing classes that weren't made.

I *think* they did rogue, sk, shaman, zerker but no love for anyone else.

I'd spend $20 for a nice mini necro epic, and probably for a handful of others too.