So... is it normal for Bazzt to hit for 110k?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Talladore, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Talladore Journeyman

Screenshot pretty much says it all. I got clobbered instantly and it certainly wasn't a DT as the timer wasn't up yet. I scrolled up the log and noticed a slash for 110000 points of damage.. This is the first time I've seen her do that.

Only one other person got slashed for 110k, as you can see in the left side for total damage.

[IMG]
    Fhiele likes this.
  2. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

IIRC DT now does 100k damage, so definitely it's not that. I think it's a low rate proc that's not documented in Alla. Definitely have seen it before.
  3. Talladore Journeyman

That doesn't make sense though because nothing like it exists elsewhere as far as I know. And it does not appear to be a proc because it's a slash attack. Procs all show up as DirDmg in the parse.

It seems to me that it's a bug, similar to Scimitar of the Mistwalker and Vox. Why would there be a hidden 110k incoming damage burst when they already have one, i.e. DT?
  4. Fhiele Augur

Your crappy tanks can't take 110k hits? L2P.
    Talladore likes this.
  5. Baulkin Augur

We've been complaining about this for week. We're averaging it happening 4-6 times per fight according to parses.
  6. Glowerss Augur

Happened for all of phinny. Seems to be a proc. It's kind of annoying but not that big of a deal. We'd just accepted it as a "feature" of the fight.
  7. Baulkin Augur

It's amazing how any bug that benefits players is patched within a month but things like this persist...
    MaxTheLion and Jaxarale01 like this.
  8. MabbuAgnarr#1 New Member

If has been like this since late Fippy.

It will never happen at level 60 though. So once Kunark drops you're out of the woods.

Dunno what it is, we used to think anytime she was holding a dagger she could do this, but I've seen this happen with nothing in her hand.

110k face stab/slash? The world may never know why, but its been something we've dealt with for almost 6 years now.
  9. Arrk Augur

Weird part... our first 2 kills of Bazzt Zzt had no 110k. Our last 3-4.... 110k all over the place. Mainly been seeing it since July 1st.... so it is interesting that Phinny also experienced it
  10. Quill Augur

Queen Bee has a couple of problems. The first is that she isn't properly calling out that she's casting Cazic Touch(or any other spell for that matter. So you get...

[Sun Jul 23 17:51:27 2017] Bazzt Zzzt begins to cast a spell.

The second is that her DT(which is now 110K) seems to be able to go off of stings. Example... first a raid member got DT'd normally:

[Sun Jul 23 17:51:27 2017] Bazzt Zzzt begins to cast a spell.
    [Sun Jul 23 17:51:27 2017] Raid Member has been slain by Bazzt Zzzt!

45(the normal DT timer for Sky bosses) seconds later it went off again like this:

[Sun Jul 23 17:52:12 2017] Bazzt Zzzt begins to cast a spell.
    [Sun Jul 23 17:52:12 2017] You have taken 110000 points of damage.

There was also a single sting in the middle of the two DT's on a raid member that was this with no cast spell.

[Sun Jul 23 17:51:43 2017] Bazzt Zzzt stings Raid Member for 110000 points of damage.

So the casts need to actually be calling out what they're casting like every other mob, and the DT should probably be looked at, particularly as it pertains to how it can become a sting.
  11. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

In addition to having the 45 second DT, the Bee procs a death touch, which is what you guys are seeing. It's been this way for a while, but I don't recall it being this way back in the day. A dev will have to confirm!
  12. Baulkin Augur

Any confirmation on this? We're seeing the 100K hit without a spell being cast. This seems very much like a bug.
  13. Prathun Developer

Bazzt Zzzt procs Cazic Touch at a low % chance. Checked the Mac server and the data is the same. This appears to be working as designed.
  14. Catashe Augur

Just proves the devs are some evil people.. like Bees weren't annoying enough and it was designed that way? lol
  15. -wycca Augur

The little things that aren't known until moments like these about 18 year old content....

[IMG]
    Kaponen and Tudadar like this.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I would absolutely love if the database/code from EQMac got opened up for people to sift through. I am sure there are tons of old gems or never discovered/solved things like this on there.

I know EQMac had old-Acrylia Caverns with Ring of Fire event and the Grimling War outside for the Inner AC key etc.

PS -- PLEASE pull the data from the Ring of Vulak off EQMac and implement it so it is ready to go for Velious on Agnarr. The Vulak'Aerr fight is way too boring/easy on his own.
    spacetrig, Rouan and Benzarden like this.
  17. Soltara Augur

Lol i doubt this is a simple process. I wonder what portal to the seventh dimension of hell would open as a result of screwing with this code.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I'm aware they're likely different languages at this point. But if you can read both, writing the Ring of Vulak for Velious - LDoN era would be a great way to inject a pseudo difficult encounter that guilds can't simply faceroll through like the rest of the expansion.

I mostly just want to be able to look at the old code / DB for intrigue.
  19. JustNeckbeardThings New Member

So does that extra proc show up as a different ability not called Cazic Touch? Whatever it is registers as melee damage; there is no Cazic Touch spell with it.

Death by unknown thing:
    Bazzt Zzzt stings YOU for 110000 points of damage.
    You have been knocked unconscious!
    You have been slain by Bazzt Zzzt!

Death by Cazic Touch:
    You have taken 110000 points of damage.
    You have been knocked unconscious!
    You have been slain by Bazzt Zzzt!
  20. Prathun Developer

I'm not seeing the "stings YOU for" message, but maybe that's due to my chat filters.
    It doesn't look like it shows her casting the spell when she procs it.

[Tue Jul 25 12:17:30 2017] Bazzt Zzzt slashes YOU for 791 points of damage.
    [Tue Jul 25 12:17:30 2017] You have taken 82500 points of damage.
    [Tue Jul 25 12:17:32 2017] Bazzt Zzzt slashes YOU for 791 points of damage.
    [Tue Jul 25 12:17:34 2017] Bazzt Zzzt tries to slash YOU, but misses!
    [Tue Jul 25 12:17:36 2017] Bazzt Zzzt slashes YOU for 621 points of damage.

Though it does when she casts it...
    [Tue Jul 25 12:17:46 2017] Bazzt Zzzt begins to cast a spell. (Cazic Touch)
    [Tue Jul 25 12:17:46 2017] You have taken 82500 points of damage.
    [Tue Jul 25 12:17:46 2017] Bazzt Zzzt shouts, 'Barbiee!'
    Kaponen likes this.