Consistently Top Parsing DPS on Raids by Era?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lumiens, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Lumiens Augur

Anyone that has been playing on Ragefire/Lockjaw/Phinny able to share some of their parses or give some input on the performance they have observed from their experiences there during Kunark/Velious/Luclin/PoP (assuming equally skilled/geared players).

Really curious how the different dps classes stack up to each other from Kunark through LDoN where Agnarr will lock at during each era. I really wanted to play a rogue because one would think that they would top meters but from all the feedback I've gotten from people it sounds like they would be consistently behind on meters (whats the point of playing a pure dps class with zero utility if other dps classes with much more utility also do more damage).

Right now in classic Necros seem incredibly strong but I read a few posts on the forums here saying that they end up doing less damage than tanks do in PoP? Wizards and Monks also seem really strong to me in classic and I assume that stays pretty consistent through PoP?

I've also heard that Mages really drop off after classic and have massive aggro issues from their pets to the point where some were telling me you can't even use your epic on raids and that you will die every encounter by the time the raid target gets to 30% health?
  2. Darwin New Member

Velious: monks > rogues > everyone
    Luclin/PoP: ranger ~ wizard > monk ~ rogue
    Between monk/rogue/ranger, from luclin+ parse ranks will be largely determined by who the beastlords like.
  3. Bewts Augur

For what it's worth it takes very little effort for a ranger to top parses; it is purely driven by the bow/arrow you use, /autofire and activating Trueshot.

Very little activity is really required once you start firing your bow. It's simplicity at its finest. Does make for a boring class to play however; which was the point of the post.
  4. Dersk Elder

From Luclin on, for as long as we live with the passive melee boosts (innate innerflame, innate natureblade, etc), rogues monks and rangers are going to dominate wizards necros and mages. There are specific fights where that isn't the case, but on the average melee dps > all.
  5. Glowerss Augur

I agree with the Velious bit and for the most part luclin.

PoP though, once you get a bit of gear, Monks=rogues >>>>>>> everyone else.

Rangers can kind of come close once can hour while burning trueshot if it's a relatively short fight, but otherwise ranger sustain with either bow or melee is really quite far behind geared rogues/monks.
  6. malaki Augur

In Velious wizards top the parses on the stuff that matters: Vulak, Nev, all of Kael, most of the rest of NToV.
  7. Communist Puppy Augur

Shadowknights should be up there for most mobs in everything pre-pop. A lot also depends on your raid comp, as some classes are signifigantly better for shorter/longer fights.
  8. Hadesborne Augur

Let's be real here for a sec. We all know Monks are insane DPS, BUT Necros do rule the DPS charts in Classic and Kunark. After that the Necros start to drop off in Velious. By Luclin, necros are down below most Melee DPS classes, and in POP necros drop further to below almost all melee. Monks stay consistently at or near the top of the DPS charts throughout. I personally think the balance needs to be looked at a bit (DPS vs versatility). But that is just me.
  9. superman Augur

You had a typo there in the second sentence. Necros there should be spelled wizard
  10. Rauven Augur

Is necro position still considering the Envenomed Bolt changes? Zam has it scaling up to 57:

3: Decrease Hitpoints by 296 (L49) to 646 (L57) per tick
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Zam spelldata is pretty wonky
  12. Dersk Elder

Envenomed bolt caps out at 351 damage per tick. Allakhazam's spell data has been useless since '15
  13. Lumiens Augur

Has daybreak given any feedback on what's going on with the necro dot revamps?
  14. Ryak Augur

No, they have not.

Basically the last thing we heard was when Beastlord DoTs were revamped way back in the beginning that they were going to eventually do all classes.
  15. Moardots Lorekeeper

I remember seeing good wizards beat everyone on many fights in Velious/Luclin/PoP on Phinny. Requires near perfect buffs/debuffs with bard mana regen and in most cases lots of pre-built threat on the tank. Whereas a monk can basically just turn on autoattack and do almost as much with basically 0 chance of over aggroing.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

In my experience so far, wizards (and mage nukes) get the shaft HARD in Classic. In sky (up until bees) they're almost worthless.

On the fights where they can land a lot of nukes, it's almost to the point where it doesn't matter because that mob probably can be easily slowed and is trivial anyways.

I definitely look forward to some -resist lures in Kunark.
  17. Rauven Augur

I figured it capped somewhere before then. But even then, its still higher than its been previously. And I've been told it stacks with other poison dots that the necros get later.
  18. Numiko Augur

Just from watching the parses on my guilds fights in Time raids its always Rogues and Monks fighting for the top spots, Rangers get close when Trueshot is up, but otherwise finish well behind, but still in 3rd place. Occasionally a wizard or mage will have a good run of Crits and get close but they are usually in 4th and 5th spots class wise.
    Wayylon likes this.
  19. Atabishi Augur

For velious it goes Wizard/necro > monk > random classes. It all depends on how far in to the expansion you are. Once everyone is fully geared in velious, like moardots said if your raid is properly debuffing the mob and also something unmentioned, buffing the wizard sword pet, Wizards should be unbeatable on the parse on all the long fights like Vulak and Avatar of War. Druids are also pretty competitive on the AoW fight and can top the parse. Necro's (this is before DoT rework) should be able to top the parse on the majority of NTOV mobs and Dain, and most of the Kael fights although you will still be going head to head with wizards in a lot of those fights except for Dain which Necro's should be unbeatable in. Monks will top the Tunare fight most consistantly. I expect on Agnarr with the DoT reworks, Vulak and AoW will still have wizards on top but majority of the rest of the fights Necro's will be unbeatable.

For Luclin at the beginning, it's Rangers and Necros. Mages also can become competitive in Luclin. By mid-way through Rangers will be pretty much unbeatable on any mob they use trueshot on. Once most people are reaching full BIS though Monks, Wizards, Rogues start to take over. Once everyone is best in slot it look like Monks/Rogues/Wizards > Necro/Ranger/Mage from my experience. Again though if your guild really sucks at holding aggro and is terrible about getting every single resist debuff possible on the mob in a quick manor, melee will just reign supreme. Casters though can be enabled to top the parse with proper debuffs.

For PoP I'd say once everyone is best in slot, Monks are on top again. PoP will end up looking something like Monk>Rogue>Ranger>Wizard/Necro/Mage once everyone is fully geared. However once LDoN comes out you will see Mages get a huge bump in parse topping capability and Necro's also get a huge bump as well.

This was just from my experience raiding with OGC from Velious-LDoN on phinny and of course is biased towards who topped our charts and limited by my memory of said expansions, but I honestly believe it to be very accurate if everyone is doing their job.

Edit: I wanted to add on to this to stress the fact that a lot of DPS parsing on fights throughout the expansions has a lot to do with your guild and the players in your guild, and what clickies your casters have (Staff of the Silent Star and Mana Robe are HUGE in velious and Luclin). For example in velious on Vulak, if Dima wasn't in my split I could top that parse almost every time and most other parses. Meko was another person (monk) that was INCREDIBLY hard to beat. Both Dima(wizard) and Meko(monk) in my opinion were the highest parsers in their class on the server by far, from what I saw in our own raids, compared to other guilds parses, and from the few DPS races we did. Also, a necro should never be able to top the Avatar of War parse, but a few times I went and DPS'd while other guilds did open world AoW and was able to top the parse, which would never happen in OGC or AoS. Another example is Bobbybic(rogue) and AoS druids, who were way harder to beat compared to other rogues and druids in OGC or any other guild. If I remember correctly, Bobbybic actually out parsed me on a Dain one time when I went to solo dps race on one of their open world raids.
  20. Creepin Lorekeeper

Necro's only really top a lot in Velious. OGC is just awful, you shouldnt be beating Melee/wiz Luclin + currently. With maybe 1 or 2 exceptions