[Agnarr] When is the 8th Prayer Shawl available?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Reiker99, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

Getting some conflicting information on this one. The last time I played live was on The Sleeper, one of the first two progression servers back in 06, and when Velious launched all of the shawl quests were available even though the last one technically wasn't finished until Luclin back in the day.

I've talked to some people on Agnarr and some believe all the shawls are available in Velious, while other people are telling me that the 8th shawl won't be available until Luclin.

Anyone know semi-definitively? How was it done on past TLPs?

Thanks.
  2. Aoldar New Member

8th will show up in Luclin you can not get the Etching Tools till then the NPC will just ignore you.
    you can make the first part of the armor for the 8th shawl and farm the gems before that so your ready to go. General Bragmur is around a 2-3 respawn for the walk just watch out for players that will try and turn there shawl in after you do all the work
  3. Oberan Elder

You cannot get the etching tools legitimately until Luclin to complete the quest.
  4. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

Okay, that's too bad. The shawl is much more interesting when it's part of Velious, since the first people to get the shawls are the people doing the hard work with classic/kunark tradeskill combines. Luclin also introduces Gearloks which make the quest easier, and of course the reward is a lot less impressive compared to Luclin gear.

It's a really inconsistent change too since we have all kinds of out of era gear available, ie. Wu's armor which wasn't added until Velious.

Thanks for the info though.
  5. Shihan New Member

The last Prayer Shawl has an amazing focus effect that isn't matched until after Planes of Power (which won't be on this server).
  6. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

Actually Shihan you can get a comparable and a better focus effect in Planes of Power -
    See Eterninostrum and Chrononostrum items off of Coirnav and in Plane of Time. Coirnav drops an earring, Bertox a ring, and then there are priest only veil and shoulder in Time.

So really, Prayer Shawl is only useful until you have access to these items, primarily in Luclin. Sadly, I am still wearing it in GoD, lol, as we didnt see the earring but a couple times and I never had enough dkp when the Bertox ring dropped.
  7. Shihan New Member

Fair enough. I didn't get a shawl on Phinigel because it was just an alt that was a priest and I didn't feel like leveling my tradeskills. :p
  8. Malachi Augur

I think 8th shawl is killer even in luclin. Ya in velious it would be more fun and prestigious to have. I concede that.

But its not like its upgrade drops off trash mobs like candy when luclin hits.