Will a petition return items from a lost DPS race on Miragul?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Raevnne1996, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Raevnne1996 New Member

To put it nicely, my small force lost a DPS race after spawning Miragul tonight. The paladin for which the kill was for, has now lost his turn in pieces to trigger the spawn again. Is this something that DB has a tract record of helping with or no?

2. Raevnne1996 New Member

Classy
  3. -wycca Augur

Put in a petition and see. Posting on the forums won't help the process.
  4. Finchy Augur

at one point, even with dps racing, if you spawn a mob, that mob is locked to you and if someone "KSs" you, it was a violation. I'm not sure how that works these days, but best to petition. maybe spawned mobs are still handled outside normal dps racing. good luck and let us (at least me) know the results!
  5. Polekn Augur

On phinigel it was 50/50. AFAIK they never removed an item from a DPS race "winner", but sometimes gave either trigger item or the end item to the person who triggered it. Good luck.
    Punchu likes this.
  6. Protocol Dragon Defender

What kind of scum dps races you on that? Sad days.
    Rouan, snailish and Agrippa like this.
  7. Punchu Augur

This was also my experience on Phinny. They usually gave the character that triggered the trigger item back.
  8. qweasy Augur

Which is still pretty , if the mob died just give them the loot. Epic trigger mobs are already blocked enough without people having to do it multiple times.
  9. Punchu Augur

Indeed.

So, Trigger person stands on trigger turn in with DPS crew while guild (on a raid day, in the area anyway) zones in and spawns a pick. Raid group(s) assembled in pick at turn in. Rest of raid zones in and spawns a pick. Trigger and DPS crew pick over ASAP. This seemed to be the most reliable solution.

edit: I forgot the most important detail, you send a couple baller grps into the zone first to stand on the turn in and pick over asap after the raid zones in to spawn a pick. If someone at the camp picks over and tries to turn in or DPS race you're ready for it.
  10. Skipp New Member

Masochist - a person who enjoys an activity that appears to be painful or tedious; a person as part of a virtual community without ethical authority for enforcing social contract.
  11. magikarp Elder

12. magikarp Elder

regarding petition, you'd probably have to substantiate that you spawned the mob without contesting another force, which seems difficult to do if your "small force" got out-dpsed

i mean, did you spawn it right in front of a raiding guild? and how big of a force did you have? full group?

were you out-dpsed by one or two people? or did 2 groups suddenly show up? because there aren't port points close to that area

it seems like the success of your petition will lie in these details that were left out of your post
  13. Raevnne1996 New Member

The petition included logs and things of the sort which shows the triggered spawn and engagement etc. we had 7 folks and I assume the couple groups that came in during the fight either picked in or ran in after we did. They weren't present at the time of spawn, but luckily it's already being looked into so we'll have an answer sooner rather than later.
    Montag likes this.
  14. Xanathol Augur

Be sure to note the KS as griefing, becasue that is exactly what it is.
  15. Tudadar Augur

A spy probably gave someone a heads up !
  16. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

We've had items returned for similar asshattery related things (someone else handing stuff into an npc that spawns after you hand in things to trigger it).

Dbg seems to have an opinion on triggered mobs.
  17. Elltrain New Member

Luckily the logs will at least show you are lying about this. This group raced in and tried to steal the turnin. The dps race was their own doing.
  18. Raevnne1996 New Member

I suppose your definition of stealing and mine differ, friend. I also submit to you that "present at the time of the spawn" is up to your interpretation of where "present" is. I see a few members of your party in the ZONE at the time of the pull, nowhere near the spawn point, unless invis'd (which I highly doubt but could be wrong). Once spawned, the encounter was engaged for around 70 seconds, a long time for an EQ encounter, before your force visibly ran through the entrance and immediately engaged Miragul while mine was actively fighting it.

I understand that we could have been more prepared for this situation, the group makeup was not at all composed for a DPS race scenario, and that is the fault of ours considering the state of the server. I appreciate the opportunity this has given my group to learn how to combat the less than savory characters that play this game :)
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, what? You're claiming that what the OP claimed happened, did happen, only in reverse?
  20. Raevnne1996 New Member

Turn in item has been returned to the paladin! Thanks for the support guys!
    Yinla likes this.