Phiny exp test

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Numiko, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Staanaclaus New Member

Yes. You read correctly. More information, maybe this will help. I've been killing the undead in The Hole. I just went in to test after I saw someone say they are getting the same xp. I killed 6 mobs and received 18% AA xp, so 3% per kill. One of those mobs was a dark blue researcher that gave me 5%. Still not getting the same xp that I was before. Is it zone specific maybe. Did they change The Hole's modifier?
  2. Illusory Augur

Are you capable of soloing in Fire? If so try killing a few NPCs in there for an hour? If I remember correct at 65, without a potion and 100% into AAXP you should be at roughly 6% per kill.
  3. Staanaclaus New Member

No soloing in Fire. I'm just a lousy Paladin. With a potion before GoD launched, I was netting 16 AA on a 4 hour pot solo with enchanter buffs. It's cut into it a bit. I'm just curious if it's an across the board thing, zone thing, they modify AA xp thing.
  4. Catashe Augur

Why are people starting to base the increased XP off of AA exp now... Since Luclin when AA came out it was shown that the neg XP mod on Phinny didn't affect AA XP otherwise Phinny would have been more miserable then it ever was..
  5. Staanaclaus New Member

Yeah, I was hoping it would increase AA xp even more, so I could bank faster =). But, the opposite has happened. So, like I said. Just wondering if they cut it across the board or if it's just that way in The Hole. Tipt xp was great when we flew through there, but I have nothing to base that off of from before.
  6. Catashe Augur

Well we always knew the required amount of AA xp needed for AA after a certain number came into play sometime.. Maybe we are just now hitting that number and people just don't remember since they are basing their finding off of live and its got the "catch up" mod that the TLPs don't have atm..
  7. Machentoo Augur

We should not be getting the low aa bonus yet, even the earliest version of it. And if we were, aaxp would be MUCH faster.
  8. Catashe Augur

I know.. Thats why I said the TLPs don't have it... lol
  9. Machentoo Augur

So that means there should not be any difference between aa#1 and aa#1000 for xp needed.
  10. Kiani Augur

I did an XP test on the various TLPs before GoD came out. I've just repeated the test on Phinigel for comparison. Here's the post from the other thread:

On Phinigel just now, it took my brand new wood elf ranger 21 kills of a level 1 sylvan bat to get to level 2. (This time I stuck to one mob type).

So it seems that experience is much better on Phinigel now, similar to the other pre-GoD TLPs.

Presumably, RF and LJ will get a bump in GoD too, but Agnarr never will, and so Phinigel is very similar to Agnarr.
  11. Illusory Augur

No worries was just offering something to try, if you had the time to spare! :)
  12. AgentofChange Augur

A lot of conflicting "tests" in this thread. I wonder what the truth is.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Might want to try that test at level 40+ and you'll soon seen something quite different. :rolleyes:
  14. Polekn Augur

Why?
  15. Staanaclaus New Member

I don't know about a lot of conflicting tests. I think regular xp has improved from what I have heard and read. AA xp has been cut in half in my experiences in one zone where I have tested it and have had prior experience in. Two different types of xp. Maybe they made a mistake in The Hole, but I've had someone else tell me it half for them, as well.
  16. Kiani Augur

Really? I assumed it was a straight modifier for regular experience and would have increased by the same percentage over all levels.

Obviously I haven't actually tested that - I'm not about to level chars to 40 on various servers to compare, and I haven't recorded experience rates on Phinigel before GoD to compare below and after.

Maybe someone else has a char on Phinigel and the same class/race combo on another TLP at a similar level to be able to do a comparative test.
  17. ThisisKhallid New Member

75% / 45% = 5/3 = 1.6667

35 / 21 = 5/3 = 1.6667
    Chatoyan likes this.
  18. Machentoo Augur

And everyone's tests are showing about about 3-5% off from what ragefire is getting, for regular xp at level 1 anyway.
  19. nostalgicfool Augur

Let us hope so, i did it some weeks ago with my new druid toon and it was very grindy, i would not get get the quests cause i was missing a level or 2.
  20. nostalgicfool Augur

I m considering giving and closing my account, shammie is 60 and GE xp is very tiny -- it is ok till 55 --- Getting a group for tier 2 planes is almost impossible since peeps prefer a 65 shaman even if you do a good job.

On top most zones are locked and you need a raid flag or some obscure quest to be able to go and xp there.

On top solo xp is inexistant, i have no issue soloing in GE but XP is so ridiculously low that it is not something i consider doing, and on top even with canni i will probably get some ridiculous downtime.

It is not wonder that Everquest failed miserably, you cannot catch up (unless you get baby sitted), quest are obscure and most are a waste of time, content is locked, raids are trival but locked ..

I could may be try to work more with my guild, but quite many members are people that i despite -- rather poor players, unpolite, unfriendly but thinking they rock because they did those dumb 60 player raids for over a year -- actually peoples from "Pick Up group" (it is a phinny guild) and some other guilds are usually much nicer.