anyone playing via crossover?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Damezza, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Damezza Augur

i still cant get launchpad to work
  2. Bongjohnsilvers New Member

Not Crossover but wineskin. I was getting by with a workaround to skip the launcher, but the new patch has nixed that route. Can't get launchpad to run with my wine wrapper, or a new wrapper install.
  3. Damezza Augur

was using patchme workaround too
  4. Bongjohnsilvers New Member

5. Ewawa New Member

I was and haven't been able to get this going since around June 28th. Worked perfectly for well over a year. I deleted my Everquest on crossover and tried re-installing but it won't get anywhere as it won't install direct x. It just crashes. I really wish I could figure this out! I can't use the patch me work around unfortunately because I don't have the files because game won't install :(
  6. Bigfan Augur

7. Xiss Journeyman

Been playing using wineskin for a while. June patch broke launchpad, this patch broke the patchme workaround. Have installed the files above and then the launchpad/libcef but now get an 'error in you gui xml files' when i try to run via eqgame and patchme. Any thoughts?
  8. Bigfan Augur

9. Xiss Journeyman

Nope, still same error. UIerrors reads:

UIErrorLog created at Thu Jul 20 07:12:30 2017
    [Thu Jul 20 07:12:30 2017] Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\default\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
    [Thu Jul 20 07:12:30 2017] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\default\EQLSUI.xml
    [Thu Jul 20 07:12:30 2017] Error reading XML.
    [Thu Jul 20 07:12:30 2017] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
    [Thu Jul 20 07:12:30 2017] Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\default\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
    [Thu Jul 20 07:12:30 2017] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\default\EQLSUI.xml
    [Thu Jul 20 07:12:30 2017] Error reading XML.
  10. Bigfan Augur

Odd, I didn't see that file updated in my list
  11. Xiss Journeyman

Just thought it may be of interest to anyone else suffering with the crossover/wine/wineskin problem. I put my eq directory on a memory stick, ran launcher on a friends pc, saved it back to memory stick and dumped whole lot back into my wrapper. All working fine using patchme workaround now.