Starting new on phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elivo11, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Elivo11 Journeyman

So I'm starting up on phiny server even though I know god is about to unlock. Wanted to get an idea of a better class to go with to get the most out of it group and maybe raid wise. Right now I'm learning towards a mage mainly because I've never had one past lvl 50. I was also toying around with a necro. But I'm also open to other ideas as well. Mainly wanting to get an idea as to what class is going to be
    Really wanted going forward and what will be the quickest to play catch up with!

Thanks in advance for any and all help
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

All classes are wanted. Play what sounds fun to you. There will be a fresh batch of berserkers hitting the leveling grind hard starting on the 19th. I imagine if you play a puller or healer class you'll find groups with them super easily, although any class would be fine.
  3. Communist Puppy Augur

From what most guilds have in high need, priests are way up there on the list. You are also going to have a million zerkers rolling, so any dps other then zerker would probally be good as well.
  4. Sagarmatha Augur

You should play a Warrior. Not only because they're total pimps, but you mentioned raiding, and every worthy guild playing Everquest needs them. Also, with all of the Beserkers- well, "Beserking," any class that can successfully hold aggro will be welcome in countless groups.

If you want to play a caster, have fun getting one-shotted by Fippy Darkpaw. ;)

Real men wear plate!
  5. AgentofChange Augur

Mage is a good choice, especially with GoD coming. Do that.
  6. Illusory Augur

Depends on what your long term goals are.

I'd say that playing a Cleric is the best choice for anyone starting out and once you are established, then you should main change.

If you have another computer handy, you should consider boxing a Mage (or any damage class that doesn't require a lot of attention.)
  7. AgentofChange Augur

Excellent point. Guilds love people who roll a cleric then immediately main change once they are established.
    Phinny4Life likes this.
  8. Illusory Augur

I never said anything about joining a guild and main changing, nor did I mean for it to be implied. In that regard, if you believe that being 'established' means having joined a guild, then you might want to discuss your intentions with said guild prior to applying or joining.

Main changing is a thing, and many guilds do have a main change policy! :)
  9. AgentofChange Augur

If he wants to play a mage, starting a cleric makes literally 0 sense.
    Phinny4Life likes this.
  10. Soltara Augur

Play what makes you happy. Otherwise you will quit.
  11. Sagarmatha Augur

> people that ask, "which class should I play?"
  12. Illusory Augur

He's LEANING towards a Mage, but also

That is why I suggested a Cleric, and if he had the ability to box he could add one early or switch to a Mage later.
  13. AgentofChange Augur

No elaboration is necessary, obviously.
  14. Elivo11 Journeyman

There is this amazing option on these forums....IF you see a thread you are not interested in or don't like, if you DONT click on it....it won't open!!!!
    I know, mind blowing isn't it, amazing what modern technology can accomplish!
    Phinny4Life likes this.