In 2 years, what would you like the next TLP ruleset to be

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Thorondor Augur

Dodh played a lot smoother on dippy TLP too between dsk and the spell missions on normal and hard mode group missions. PoR was always kind of a meh expansion but the addition of auras were decent
  2. Argu Lorekeeper

While I wouldn't play on it I wish they would create a server just like Agnar but allow boxers to run wild. Maybe it would pull them away from Agnarr.
  3. Tudadar Augur

Im just hoping it comes out in octoberish of 2018. December launch with mass bonus xp around christmas/new years is lame.
  4. nostalgicfool Augur

I would lower a lot the group xp bonus (the current 225% for full group is something i hate since soloing is simply not worth trying).

Anti power leveling code.
    Tag lock encounters.
    Trivial loot rule.
    Removal of any form of multi questing.
    Headshooted is removed from the game.
  5. Chatoyan Elder

I wouldn't remove headshot, but I'd change it to be a % increase in weapon damage, more in line with paladin slay undead. Still crazy dps, since it would apply to everything instead of only undead, but not quite so useful for AFK PL sellers.
  6. -wycca Augur

GoD is pretty easy nowadays. Don't get me wrong, it's easy to die there still, but based on Test raids I'm 100% confident a group of 18-24 people could get flagged for Txevu if they wanted to (and have it be an absolute blast doing so). So yea, a bit on the easy side, especially if you remember GoD at all as a raider. That being said, I still think it's harder than OoW, it's still fun, and I think guilds will appreciate scripts starting to be scripts and not just tank & spank.
  7. -wycca Augur

- Except pretty much all of EQ's original dev team left during Luclin's development.
    - There were plenty of guilds who skipped Vex Thal and went straight to PoP and did so successfully back in the day. There were even guilds who started in Velious and outright skipped Classic/Kunark.
    - TLP is pretty much a funnel of players to the most efficient leveling paths/zones. Almost nobody levels or exps in LDoN when their focus is exping.

I'm not sure what design documents you got this from, but I think you were mostly seeing an artifact of designing open world content across expansions for a server of players vs. being able to have instances for everyone.
  8. Thorondor Augur

Name these guilds. On solusek to, raiding guilds current in pop were:
    Magna Carta - vt geared
    Paradigm - vt geared
    Blood of ro - vt geared
    Drachentaenzer (switched to the kael server when the euro servers launched and still backpedaled to vt gear before they could beat rallos)
    Cats n hats, township rebellion, triton of povar, FOH all of them vt geared. I would've known if it would've happened, because I was in drachentaenzer when we worldwide 5th'd into tacvi, one shotting curscaller and noqufiel when the uqua patch 2.0 went in 5 days after the patch went live on the English server making the zone beatable, and there were no unknown time guilds that came out of nowhere without doing to vt and other high end luclin encounters to catch up and be in competition with us at the time. Ornate armor was just, flat out, too low on ba.c. to cope with his di/db.

There was an intact raid progression arc and if you were actually involved in converse between the devs and that players that didn't quit for WOW you would know that. It was an intentional design direction that was colluded upon between the devs and the server leading guild representatives at the time.

Pop Quiz, how many guilds cleared all of GoD before OOW launched?

Name one guild that beat rallos in pop without backgearing from prior expansions before LDON. Just one. You can't, because it didn't happen.
  9. Thorondor Augur

its even documented on Wikipedia in the gates of discord section that the development team regretted GOD, and it was largely because the high end raiding community had the level of input that they had on the development of that expansion in its original form. It was pretty much an expansion entirely designed for high end raiding guilds, and it, too ensured guilds needed to be time geared to progress into.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Why it could even be said the influence of the EQ "elite" on the devs that continued to grow past SoL into PoP and beyond was largely responsible for much of EQ's decline. Right before most of these unofficial "consultants" jumped ship.:eek:
    May as well say it, was what a lot of people were pointing to it on their way out the door. Sure it was just sour grapes...:rolleyes:
  11. northstar Augur

If they are making another event server I hope its permanent to the recommended Server list and permanent frozen at classic. with all the race/class limitations that Agnarr is limited too currently with the QoL changes in place. however I would like to see it to be a full time event server where people can earn unique items for only TLP servers. starting levels would be level 1 with boosted EXP, however different stages of events 1-10 11-25 26-35 36-45 46-50. I don't care if all the events are static as long as there is a progression to static events and achievement's unlocks account wide...
  12. -wycca Augur

You listed many guilds who had nothing better to do but farm VT for like a year. Of course they're going to be VT geared. The guilds who skipped it are going to be mid-tier guilds who either didn't exist as end-game guilds during Luclin or were not able to do high-end Luclin because of the guilds you just mentioned.

I stated that there were guilds who skipped VT and went straight into PoP with success. Here's an example - my server had a guild do it - Agony - they skipped VT (they did Velious largely for gearing then their leader decided to skip Luclin largely). They were pretty well known on the server specifically because they decided to do this and then did it. There were others - mainly having to do with VT being an open zone and heavily farmed by other guilds gearing up (plus keys & banes). Their website fyi -
    https://web.archive.org/web/20040318082133/http://www.agonyguild.net:80/

A bit of what-about-ism with GoD but I'll bite. I'm showing Drachentaenzer as #43 into Tacvi, and #113 at beating Tacvi. I'm curious how you claim you're serverwide #5 or such. I'm not disagreeing that your server may not have had a guild that skipped VT and went into PoP, but there were certainly guilds who did it. It wasn't necessary back then - it was just conventional wisdom.

The wiki article doesn't say anything other than that Smedley said they regretted GoD. The cite was from the summit report from Loral (https://archive.fo/iSLDD), which stated that they tuned it for lvl 70 and not 65. Loral did state that there was a forum for guild leaders to discuss raiding, and that he wanted one for groupers to discuss grouping, but there's nothing in there about it being a raider-conspiracy expansion or such.

You changed what I originally said to someone new (I clearly stated they skipped VT, not all prior expansions). Technically a newbie player starting with a newbie shirt and newbie weapon would violate what you wrote above, so there's no way you're wrong. My original statement is accurate and I supplied the requested example. Guilds didn't have to do VT to beat Rallos, get into PoTime, etc - it simply wasn't ever necessary.
  13. Risiko Augur

The raiding guild I was in back during PoP era wiped to Rallos Zek The Warlord more times than I care to admit lol. It was epic fail.

And, the delevels... omg. My brother's monk develed so many times on that encounter. It was always an event to go relevel him after the raids. "Ok incoming.... strike that.. monk down"
  14. Risiko Augur

You're talking about the Vazaelle server. I remember Agony. For that fact, I remember Agony, Triton, Caer Cadarn, and a few others from back in the day. Vazaelle was an interesting server. There was a lot of angst between guilds lol. It was fun though.
  15. Xandollf New Member

We actually had to go back to VT due to a combination of a mass exodus as well as taking the wrong path in luclin (devs promised that inner acryllia was itemized like Ssra/VT - it actually wasn't itemized at all on our first kills if I remember correctly).

We were either the furthest or 2nd furthest on the server in PoP progression at the time. I think it was rz or bertox, probably rz. It was definitely a low point but it looks like the guild is doing quite well these days.
  16. Buddi Elder

That is the only pertinent thing when discussing what went wrong with GoD/OoW. It is also why so many are enamored with a PoP progression server....they never played the game any further, so receive no nostalgia trip from playing it any further.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  17. Risiko Augur

I remembered hearing about this back in the day. The way I remember hearing it is that there was supposed to be two raid paths in Luclin, and the second path was never finished. I brought that up to a DEV in one of their ask the devs type stream, and they acted like they knew nothing about it. I'm almost certain there was a guild on my server (Vazaelle) that was gearing the 2nd path when they realized it wasn't finished. Was that your guild?
  18. Thorondor Augur

Yep, the ring of fire rework failed. Regardless the point still stands. Guilds were not able to progress into elemental in the pop era with just group gear. There was a raid progression path where the a.c. and hp required to beat bottleneck encounters (bert and rz) mandated backdating from previous raid content. The a.c. and go just wasn't there on group gear. It wasn't until sod where the difference in group and raid itemization created a seamless transition
  19. Thorondor Augur

Now, with that said, it may be feasible in today's eq, especially with the widespread availability of elemental tradeskill gear. On solusek ro, blood of ro, paradigm, and magna Carta intentionally did not craft and sell this gear to the rest of the server per leadership requests at the time.
  20. ayoforYayoh Augur

" Rallos Zek is a chaotic server of horror and villainy."

The best quote in that entire article.