Cloak of Hazy Memories on Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Quicktune, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Quicktune New Member

Apparently, some people are completing the Fabian Strings quest then petitioning a Guide saying that the Cloak of Hazy Memories was not given to them and having it reimbursed on their character.

This item is not even close to classic and was removed on other TLP servers but it being given out on Agnarr.

Is this something that should be given out if so will it be added as a normal quest instead of handed by by the staff?
  2. Relinquish New Member

Roll it back!
  3. Amnilarch Journeyman

This is definitely not a classic item in its current form. The quest reward was modified sometime after Luclin to reflect it's current stats. These need to be removed from the server until the appropriate era.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Guides don't/shouldn't be giving out armor to anyone.

If they managed to trick a GM into giving them a reward from a quest that has a 75% chance to not give you a reward even when the quest is working as intended that's just disappointing.

That said, who cares? Your server will be in Kunark in like 4 weeks and Hierophant/Iksar Hide cloaks will blow it out of the water. Are we talking like 2 cloaks walking around on the server you saw someone link in general chat or are there like 40+ cause I doubt a guide/GM is falling for this multiple times.
    Tudadar likes this.
  5. Soulfire Lorekeeper

Lol....if half these people were this driven in their real lives to figure out how to be so creative in circumventing systems they could achieve great things.

Instead they play eq 18 hours a day and get gms to summon them items.

This is why we cant have nice things...
    andross77 likes this.
  6. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

I don't believe guides have the capability of giving items out, unless they were given the power specially for progression servers.
  7. Fhiele Augur

I got one on Vulak in classic. I have the parts on Phinny, but I'm waiting til I hear the quest is giving the cloak reward before turning it in.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I got the cloak on Phinny as of PoP launching FWIW. It may have been enabled earlier than that though.

It is still just a CHANCE to get the cloak when you do the turnin however, it's not a guarantee.
  9. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

The 5+ krono that people are asking for this cloak will definitely be relevant in Kunark.

I wish there was some consensus on this, because I've heard that it's just a 25% chance to receive the cloak from the quest, but if that was the case you'd think the server would be flooded with them. But some people have them, so it must be obtainable. I just hope the "GM handed it to me" story isn't true because people are turning around and selling these for kronos.
  10. AgentofChange Augur

This is like that thread when Agnarr launched that the "whole server" was duping 40 slot bags & xp potions.

Also, if they are on the server and people are paying 5 krono for them, that is on the dummy paying 5 krono. Not the person who got the cloak.
  11. Quicktune New Member

OK, so after some camping i've gotten the coin six times from fabian and all six times the hand in does not return the cloak.

i've only seen two people with the cloak actually equipped and not just linking it, both corroborate that they got it via doing the quest then petitioning. Both had the item appear in their inventory some days later.