pet gear

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Hingabe, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Hingabe Augur

What are the rules for this? I thought pet ignored lvl req/rec, but a lvl 2 pet died super fast with the latest/greatest summoned stuff. But when equipped with spectral summoneds (no req/rec) it was unstoppable. Also at end game, would it be possible to take it a step further and give pets some EOK T2 gear or does it poof because it's attunable? I remember something weird like that
  2. Brohg Augur

attunable is fine, nodrop is not. go with sets of Dimensional Warrior for high level pets; there's craftable nonvis (neck, back, 1 ring, 1 finger) to go with it. There's also crafted masks, but if you're really doing it then you'll want Stormguard Mask for 140 Pieces of Eight since there's no crafted mask with +hate focus.

fwiw, I don't habitually use any of that. My pet raaaaaarely dies to not being tough enough - it's always me dying out from under it since I play ... unconservatively?
    Overtime likes this.
  3. Overtime New Member

I did not think the e
    I did not think the echo line of hate worked on pet, there is a t1 that drops in rain of fear.
  4. Hingabe Augur

1) What level pets will gain advantage of the high end summoned gear? Do they have to meet the lvl req first? It didn't work on the lvl 2 water pet. The weapons "showed" but there was no hp increase. He was as flimsy as he was before giving him all of it. But spectral summoneds turned him into a complete monster.
    2) I thought pets only used attunable gear until zoning or logging, then it would poof because it becomes "no drop" and pets won't use no drop stuff (?)
  5. Yimin Augur

The pet will keep this armor and weapons until you give it better or it dies zoning or loging out does not matter ...

Yimin
  6. Nylrem Augur

Pets must meet REQUIRED levels for gear. They do not ignore required levels for gear. The pet must be of level. That does not mean the level of spell, but the actual level of the pet when summoned.

Attunable gear on pets remain on pet, they do not poof when pet zones, is suspended, etc.

"Better" means more AC. That is the only stat for armor that a pet looks at, when deciding what to equip. For weapons, it's delay. So, if you give a pet a piece that's lower AC or higher delay than it's already equipping, then it will not equip it, and you will lose the item.
    moogs likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

There are a few items that have "NO PET" in their class/race section.