Info on Next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Randragon, Jul 9, 2017.

1. EnchFWO Augur

Not that you don't have valid points but this got me a little bit - I get it about the gear but there are like a million useful things from the past expansions outside of just regular slots such as clickies, augs, trophy slots, etc. etc. So, that older stuff is aging pretty darn well still IMO.

But yeah... will be interesting to see what they decide either way. Won't stop me from playing :p
  2. Brohg Augur

I'm 100% uninterested in new buffs. Anything that can be reasonably taken from the guild lobby out to go battle should just be phased out, any old bonuses incorporated into class features (auras?), gear, and AA. New NET, or Lion? sure. new Shining, or bst Fero? okay. Short stuff, fighting spells. Anything that has to stay on someone's spell bar to make use of is fine. The basic stats buffs that every encounter has to be balanced around anyhow, since everyone who wants them can have them regardless of if the source class is actually playing with them? Those should just be intrinsic.
    Gyurika Godofwar and code-zero like this.
  3. fransisco Augur

What about how WoW does it.
    Basically, if you are in the group with the class, you have the buff (for long term buffs).
    But I agree, there are just TOO many buffs. Its not fun managing them, its a chore.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Anhari Augur

Please do not attempt to WoWify EQ. That game is just too dumbed down. The multitude of buffs available in EQ makes it a chore to manage it properly, but when done right, makes the game more enjoyable.
  5. Symbius Augur

Would personally love having all the buffs converted to always on Group Aura's and Raid Aura's.

So if the particular class turns on the specific group or raid aura, then everyone gets it. At this point, buffs are just a hassle that could go away for all I care. Side benefit is it makes grouping with those classes more beneficial instead of lobby buffs and go off on your own.
  6. smash Augur

If you wanna have wow style, go play wow. I like it as it is
  7. fransisco Augur

Changing how we manage buffs certainly doesn't need to be done the way WoW does it, but for anyone who plays a buffing class, it certainly detracts from the fun

For those "i walked 5 miles up hill every day, so should you" types - You also don't need horses, as you can walk there eventually.
  8. Stephen51 Augur

Kizant said;
    Actually I thought it would be cool if a meteor (or the moon) crashed down on Norrath and destroyed a major city, brought about or causing some evil entity to be released and creating a new altered set of zones.

The problem, of course with this would it would disrupt so many quests, albeit low level, it would be more trouble than it's worth. Plus can you imagine going to farm something simple like a rat ear and being owned by a level 105 giant rat!

The solution to this has already been thought of, and explained in lore, sort of. Some bad guy/girl/diety decides to destroy Luclin, but instead of destroying Luclin, it's ripped from another reality and crashes down into the sea (conveniently close to the coast of a major city, that then becomes the entry to the new expansion) and creates some wreckage of the land of the moon. New high level zones are created, familiar bad guys are discovered but with increased powers, caused by a temporal rift and falling out of the sky at high speed. Obviously not all of the zones would have survived (lucky for Daybreak) and hopefully the ones that did wouldn't be cookie cutter zones of old ones like we got in TBM, but a flavour of Luclin, with some new mutated creatures thrown in (not blobs, please no more blobs).

It would also keep happy the seemingly endless stream of players with a level 5 toon, who complain they have no where to XP (and it's true, because they never get above level 5) by not effecting the original zones.
  9. kizant Augur

Agreed. There's really no point in duplicating the same old spells again. The problem last time for wizards was that the spell focus % was a little low and we haven't had new type 3 augs in ages so it wasn't much of an upgrade outside of synergy and alliance spells.

If they did like 24% more (up to level 20) for spell focus AAs, type 3 augs twice as good as the current ones we have, and at least one new DPS aug in the 4k base damage range.. I wouldn't care about anything else they will likely get wrong or mess up.

Also, for a new idea they could add spell focus AAs that apply to level 90+ spells. I know some classes have always gotten use out of current + previous level set of spells. One side effect of not adding new levels is that the older spells fall further behind relative to the current spells. I think that needs to be accounted for when considering how to balance everything like they used to.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  10. Leigo You come here often?

I know the DH HA's have killed heroic adventures for some folks, but as long as they are able to continue to toss in 2-3 of these (because they scale to level) it will continue to make older content relevant for most players.

That being said, HA's shouldn't be the only thing they add, I love good content to explore just as much as the next guy. However HA's here and there do help.
    At this point I suppose I don't really care if they add more levels or not. New AA and Spells would be just as good. But again its about the content. If they can toss some uber quests and OMG rares in, hey that's fun too.

OH.. New Vet AA's!!!!!!!!! Please!!!
  11. Leigo You come here often?

Hence why EQ has started consolidating buffs, Unity - Shm, Clr, Rng - 3 in one spells now.. Makes it much easier to mass buff anyone.
  12. EnchFWO Augur

You mean how EQ2 started that, right?
  13. Zadune Journeyman

It's never ceased to amaze me how much stuff WoW "borrows" from EQ, from spell names to expansion layouts to zone names and occasionally mobs. Borrows and dumbs down, of course. I could do a whole post on all the EQ ideas that WoW stole. It makes sense, given that some of that game's world designers got their start as EQ raid leaders.
  14. svann Augur

Protip: dont mention wow or your idea gets shot down without any thought.
    fransisco likes this.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

EQ2 borrowed the buffs being persistent through being in group from Dark Age of Camelot, but I digress.

You're not WoWifying EQ by changing buffs to be persistent. We have enough buttons to push and keep track of and rebuffing people after deaths should not be necessary. Think of all the spell gems that could be freed up by having you're buffs always be up. We've asked for more gems for years, since Elidroth and his famous "no" with no explanation ever being given over and over. Yet, we always receive all these situational new spells we never mem because we have no gem for it. It's time for buffing in EQ to be made as easy as clickies being made into AA's. Make buffing in EQ . #PersistentEQBuffs2017.
    fransisco and moogs like this.
  16. moogs Augur

I don't find time to play much because it takes 20 minutes to buff my 3-box setup (pet items, ugh...) before I even leave to find a camp. Less time to get up and running if overnight MGB buffers chip in, but usually they don't and it takes forever to switch to all of the different buffing classes on multiple accounts to load up for a proper chance to survive. The time sink that is rebuffing after death is definitely one of the Top 5 Worst Things About EQ.
    Gyurika Godofwar and fransisco like this.
  17. Feznik Elder

If there is a level cap increase, the developers should bring back hell levels, and make each level the equivalent of aquiring 20k aa's!

I really would love to see hell levels in EQ again. It will bring a bit of competition back into the game, with everyone racing to 110!
    Thraine likes this.
  18. Chaosflux Augur

With how casual the EQ community is these days? Not quite sure I follow the logic you are presenting here.

How would that increase competition exactly?
  19. Tyreel Augur

If you want most of the enchanters to quit this is a good idea. All of enchanters CC spells other than root are Level locked. Getting up to Level cap or cap-1 ASAP is so important and frustrating until it happens, months of that would send most enchanters out of game for good. Leveling up in old content when everyone wants to see the new stuff just is not the answer.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  20. DruidCT Augur

Just disable gribbles for the new level range. I don't want to even be tempted to do any more of them.