DBG Make an Expansion of Original EQ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nuther, Jun 23, 2017.

1. code-zero Augur

You know, the current EoK expansion is pretty much everything that the OP asked for except you need to either Heroic or grind in order to be able to hit a level where you can experience it. It sounds more like the OP just wants an EZ mode server where you don't actually have to be able to play the game in order to "win"

BTW live servers are far from dead but since you obviously aren't going to be able to access any of the modern zones without the expansions then you're not going to be seeing that at all.

I've said it before and I'll repeat it here, people whining about not having the "challenge" of corpse runs and all the garbage you had to deal with in the early game but then want their hands held by CS and the Guides because they aren't competent enough to win a DPS battle really don't want any real challenge at all
  2. Nuther Augur

OP here. Everquest is not a DPS battle. Its a PVE game. DPS battles happen between players and that is a PVP action. The reason it happens is because the environment is too small. When DBG launches a TLP server is like a version of Disney land is opened. However, what is needed is a DISNEY WORLD because the player base of EQ is tens times more than it was in 1999 thanks to the popularity of a little game called WoW. What we end up with is 95% percent of a game where most people cannot ever play the last 5% because campers and krono mongers don't have lives. They also have small penises.
  3. Deserx Journeyman

Careful... Daybreak loves their krono farmers. Sure the no lifers ruin the game for casuals but they help pay the bills for Daybreak. You have to go to the reddit forums to talk about them.
  4. Rampart New Member

Rather then this, I would like to have all classes and races available at launch.
  5. Malachi Augur

Live servers aren't dead. But they aren't really healthy. I'd say they are in a constant state of stable condition while showing good vitals during the first month or two of a "new" expansion. Also the population is all in guild hall or instanced. Its alive...but sad.
  6. Malachi Augur

Available at classic launch? Because you have to then hide away a few npcs here and there for iksars and the like just so they can bank...and i dont even want to think of beastlord spell and pet and weapon mechanics in classic era. I don't know. It just seems way awkward. (Overpowered)
    I'm all for halfling rangers though and that kind of class combination with a race already unlocked.
  7. Rhodz Augur

/agree
    Classes are just too integral to the game to be plucked out of one xpak and dropped into another. Races just almost as bad with ties to actual geography. I think we can just about say though a lot of us are getting tired of classic only launch, know I have seen more than enough. Least that is where I think these ideas originate.
  8. Rampart New Member

Ok, so maybe not all races, just the races from classic but I would like to play a zerker in classic. I don't think beast lords would be that overpowered but you're right that there would have to be some changes made...
  9. Malachi Augur

Im not sure of the draw of berzerkers. They took rogues and limited their weapon options for alittle more upfront dps via early double triple attack access + discs. Without AAs i would rather play a rogue.

Oh and i know theyve opened zones earlier than original timelines (the hole for example in classic now when originally first available in kunark) but its worth mentioning that theor epic would need stonebrunt mountains open during kunark if it isnt already. Or atleast that specific piece of their epic moved unto some other zone mob.