Navigating the world

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Folk, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Folk New Member

It has been a few years since I played, and when I did I was working on leveling my warrior. I have decided this time around I am working on leveling my ranger instead. I know for some of the newer expansions, you have to 'attune' in order to use the convenient portals. I have managed to muddle my way through the the attuning for Ethernere, and shards landing is next on my list. Are there any good sites or suggestions on doing this one, and are there more to do after this? I would like to have all of my attuning and general knowledge about how to get from PoK to the new zones before I start begging old friends for xp groups. :)
  2. moogs Augur

I thought rof.eqresource.com would have a writeup on this but I can't locate anything of use.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=6196

Click on each of the related NPCs, then scroll down to the Quests that involve them. There are links to pages on how to activate each portal.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

4. Pootle Elder

Each Portal in Shards Landing has an NPC nearby who gives you a quest to 'activate/attune' yourself to that portal.

He gives you a clicky item.
    You then have to go to the oldworld zone and click the crystal to enter the new zone.
    (for example: Gorge of King Xorbb --- click the large crystal you find in a dead end in the zone --- Zone to Valley of King Xorbb)
    You should appear close to the Portal in the new zone
    Stand next to it and click the Clicky Item the NPC gave you.
    Zone through the Portal to Shards Landing and quest will complete (you are attuned to that portal)

I believe the NPCs are:
    - Leopold Crunchbaster - Eastern Wastes: Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening Portal Activation
    - Vdrakii - The Breeding Grounds Portal Activation
    - Bygral Tamescale - Evantil, the Vile Oak Portal Activation
    - Vaytok - Grelleth's Palace, the Chateau of Filth Portal Activation
    - Sir Delvas - Chapterhouse of the Fallen Portal Activation
    - Soulbound Construct - Valley of King Xorbb Portal Activation
    -Camellia Spiretear - Chelsith Reborn Portal Activation
    - Sister Fealcrest - Plane of Shadow Portal Activation

Here is the Allakhazam Quest entry for the Valley of King Xorbb quest
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=6000
  5. Gialana Augur

And make sure to click the attuning crystal (~30 second cast) in the zone before clicking on the portal to Shard's landing, otherwise it will be a one way click to Shard's Landing.

Also, it's not necessary to go back to Shard's Landing between each attuning. I usually attune in all of the zones and click to Shard's Landing at the end, which finishes all of the quests simultaneously.

I can't remember the order I usually do the attuning, but it will help immensely if you have a wizard or druid to port you.