Druid vs Cleric hp buffs

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DamnataAnimus, Jun 26, 2017.

1. DamnataAnimus Elder

My question is this:

I box a 5 characters + either friend or merc depending on if shes online.

Those characters are : Mage,Enchanter,Druid,Cleric,Bard + sk or wizard merc.

I understand that the hp buffs wont stack mostly. However which class should use which hp buffs? I am not sure what the exact stacking rules are or which are "better"

Basically which priest should buff what?

Probably a silly question to those who have been playing a long time but im quite new to this particular game :p
  2. Phrovo1 Augur

in general you should do skin and symbol/armor on anyone who doesn't tank and surety on the tank
  3. p2aa Augur

Not on a SK, the tank he has.
    SK and Warriors get more AC / HP of Skin + Symbol
    Paladins prefer Surety because it stack better with their self buff.
    Bigstomp and eqgamer like this.
  4. Brohg Augur

The cleric, also, will get better stats from self-buff+Surety than from Skin+Symbol/Ward

The magician and enchanter each have a self-buff that stacks with all that cle/dru throw out, as well
    eqgamer likes this.
  5. Karanthal Augur

It depends on the level of the classes as well.

All casters at one time did prefer Skin/Symbol as it gave more HPs and AC was mostly irrelevant. The Druid skin line from protection of the cabbage (lv59) onwards also comes with mana regen.

As stated above however mage/enc/clerics all later gained their own self mana regen and hp buffs which combined with the cleric surety line now offer the best option for hp/mana regen. I couldn't tell you at what level though, it would need some digging through the spell lists.
  6. Brohg Augur

no those are not the same.

cle selfbuff+surety

casters selfbuff stacks with anything cle/dru throw out. skin+symbol/ward is fine, and so it's definitely best.
  7. Kianara Lorekeeper

skin does NOT stack with mage self buff, so mages usually prefer surety
    Drusi likes this.
  8. DamnataAnimus Elder

Hmm,

My group is @ 102

Mage enchanter druid bard cleric with wizard merc or sk friend (sk is lvl 90 so doesn't tank much yet, my pet does)

I really should know this by now... but I am newish to everquest, played 5 months roughly. Read somewhere that druids should buff something while clerics should buff something else. Problem is it didn't mention the spells.

At the moment I have cleric use the 3 in 1 buff shining armour, and druid uses just reptile skin I think it's called, procs a small heal when you take damage.

Thanks for the replies so far too. Asking because I want to learn but in my own guild so can't really ask there, general is less than helpful and have no idea what the new players channel is called, so it's been trial and error mostly :p
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

Ok, let's give this a go since I have all these characters logged in right now. All my boxes are 105 so you might have to look at what spells you have right now versus what you will have at 105. The various spells lines remain the same though.

Firstly, I would recommend making sure each class has their own self buffup first then do Druid Skin followed by Cleric Symbol/Ward and finally Surety. If you have Surety up it tends to block everything else in that line from landing.

Cleric

Armor of the Ardent (self)
    Surety

SK

Druid skin
    Cleric symbol/AC

Magician

Praetorian Guardian (self)
    Shield of the Pellarus (self)
    Surety

Enchanter

Shield of the Pellarus (self)
    Druid skin
    Cleric symbol/AC

Bard

Druid skin
    Cleric symbol/AC
    Drusi likes this.
  10. DamnataAnimus Elder

Thanks - do you mean don't use the 3 in 1 buff clerics get? Or to use it then click off/block the ones you don't want? Or to use the single buffs?

Kind of new to clerics the character was my bf's who is taking a hiatus from eq so I've inherited his cleric. Basically I pew pew and he did the healing with some help from druid but mostly made her for the ports, so I have no clue what spells they get buff wise apart from the 3 in 1 buff (the others are mine so I am more familiar with those classes buffs) :p
  11. Schadenfreude Augur

If you want Surety you'll use Unified Hand of Surety at 105.
    If you want Symbol/AC you'll use Unified Hand of Nonia at 105.
    These are group buffs. You get single target versions of these spells at 101 and 102 but naturally it's a bit more effort and hassle to use these.
    All of these spells auto-cast Benedition of Piety (beneficial spell haste), Surety takes up one more buff slot while Symbol takes up two more buff slots, one for pure HPs and one for AC.
    DamnataAnimus likes this.
  12. Brohg Augur

Praetorian Guardian is only 3 mana/tick more than Shieldstone Blessing. I'd roll with the higher hp combo dru+cle stack.
  13. moogs Augur

I use druid skin + symbol on my druid and enchanter. I use cleric aego + self buff on my mage.

This used to be a bigger deal when we were limited to 15 buff slots.
  14. DamnataAnimus Elder

Yes,

All the stacking rules are somewhat confusing.

I don't have anyone who knows that I can ask. So I tend to spend a good chunk of time checking zam/eqresource to find out.

For example on the mage alone I have a few procs/spells that increase damage. I have to look each up to see what slot it uses (eg spa 124) or whatever. Gets even more confusing when you add buffs other classes can use on you lol.

There is a lot of information around but most is rather old so no idea if it's still accurate.

/rant over :p