How to get plat at level 60 ish?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by hellohello123, Jul 4, 2017.

1. hellohello123 Lorekeeper

I had saved plat from just playing but I spent it all on spells, they get so expensive! I also bought a merc and he uses some plat now too. I can't afford to get some of my level 60+ spells so I need to farm something to get some. I need to get like 20k or something. Is there a well known easy way to do that?

I thought about selling a Krono but I think that might be overkill because I only need spell money so far. The only plat spots I know are from old school EQ when selling fine steel was good money :)

Thanks for any advice!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#1 - If you are a paid subscription you can buy a bag of plat from the loyalty vendor if you have the points. 436 points buys 1 bag that usually has around 15k in it. It is not a set amount so may only be 13k.

#2 - I pull up the barter window - /bar - and go through and see what they are offering for stuff. Not all of it is low offers - some is a decent price just cause the buyer needs a lot and doesn't want to spend the time farming it.

#3 Although there are a ton of guides out there (kill hill giants, sell the krono, farm rare drops, sol a, dulaks harbor etc) I did not like any of them for my purposes. Everyone always says "oh you can farm enough to buy a krono then sell it" Yeah right. They are farming their credit cards. No one will say how they do this other than to farm the rare drops when the expansion is first released. Great if your level 110. But what about the rest of us normal players? I found the best way is to farm drops from mobs that I can kill quickly. So it might be 5 levels below you but those drops add up. I found most zones have a good spot somewhere in them. For example mesa has snakes that drop bile or teeth or fangs (?) worth 30 plat each to vendors. So empty the bags and head out!
    Vizula-Emarr likes this.
  3. Kyzvs Augur

This - there are a ton of good places in TSS that have reasonable loot drops. I made 6k in around 90 mins last night at level 61 just farming aa - there are lots of spots that have common 28-30pp drops. Add in a couple of vendor loot from the semi-named going for between 280-666pp and you are happy :)
  4. hellohello123 Lorekeeper

Thanks guys helps a lot! 6k every 90 mins is not bad, I could do that for a couple of hours and get all the spells I need. Also I didn't know about that loyalty vendor, sounds great.
  5. Scorrpio Augur

Grieg's end is pretty good for pp drops. Another option is checking bazaar for tradeskill stuff: pelts silks ores and seeing what sells and what you can farm. Aslo certain rarer forages from remote zones sell quite well. (I.e air infused spring water)
  6. Visitor Augur

At level 60, I like Sebilis, you can slaughter the frogs around the two wings at the top. The frogs drop TS items, gems, Nodding blue lilies if you have a shaman friend, or /barter some one is offering to buy, also killing Sebilis frogs, will improve your live Guk faction. Gain a level and you can get buffed with level 90 spells, which makes for a serious edge and you can farm in temple of Droga, (mobs max at about 60/61). The advantage with those two zones is that Kunark mobs don't hit as hard as mobs in later expansions, and have fewer hit points to kill.
    Note Sebilis is still very high level until later today.
  7. moogs Augur

Kill humanoids. Frogloks, trolls, goblins, etc. They tend to drop a lot of cash.

As Visitor says above, stick to zones from EQ classic or the first few expansions. Your kill rate will be faster.

As Scorrpio mentions, use /barter to sell tradeskill items. Those boring random tradeskill drops might be worth several hundred or even a thousand or more platinum each. I made a quick video on it here: