Picking should reset to you zone in/safe spot

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roxby, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxby New Member

The pick system should reset your location to the zone in. Pick sniping is the aids of TLP server and can be solved by a very simple solution. When you /pick to a new zone, it should reset your location.

Examples of exploting the pick system:

Lower guk, run down to a cleared named room, pick to new instance find named up, KS from group camping him.

Fire giants: Group clears fire giants and other named only to have a cleric enchanter pick over combo charm and snipe Magus Rokyl. When there was no way of them cleaing the fire giants to get there otherwise.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

3. InsomniAddict Journeyman

You really should read threads on here before you start a new thread that has already existed multiple times. Both your reasoning and suggestion have been posted many times, and they have also received answers as well.

This mechanic will not be changed as they don't want /pick to be used to teleport to a zone line.
  4. Nolrog Augur

ZOMBIE HORSE, RISES FROM THE DEAD!!!!
  5. Diadem New Member

I agree and have thought this for a long time now.
  6. Deserx Journeyman

While the point seems obvious, it's likely not to change any time soon. You are also going to get a mess of people on these forums who give you crap for suggesting the change. Diehards have gotten use to taking advantage of broken mechanics while all returning casual players are no use to these "legal exploits." The problem is that they can KS the named mob your group has been camping. Your suggestion might slow them down a little but the KSing will remain.
  7. MaxTheLion Augur

You're very uninformed if you think people give "crap" because they are adamant against change. Many of us give "crap" because a fuckload of "New Members" tend to come here, not research/read previous posts and then repeat something which has already be discussed to exhaustion. Previous posts had valid points and good counterarguments rather than just complaints.
    code-zero, Zanarnar and Rhodz like this.
  8. Thorondor Augur

Devs have rejected this idea repeatedly, because, apparently, going to the succor point when you're out of combat for 30 seconds is game-breaking. Wouldn't want people using it to get back to the zone-in in lower schmuck after a group breaks up at the end of the night. That's way more exploitative than pickzoning from a no-risk cleared instance to the ledge above King, or on top of crusader PH for a no-add loot pinata.
    RegenCoE likes this.
  9. Rhodz Augur

Perhaps the devs rejected the idea due to every time it is being "abused" there are 5000 where it is used exactly as intended.
    No one making you hang around in Lower Smuck nor anything there you MUST have to play the game well. You knew what the place was like when you rolled.
    The krono hounds can just roll in the filth, leave the rest of us out of this.
  10. Phinny4Life Lorekeeper

I could click the last 7 pages on these forums and find a thread about this on each one, im darn near sure of it...

New idea for the forums, when creating a new thread, if the subject has any sort of keyword that has already been used, you can't make a new thread!
  11. Montag Augur

Free out of combat evac sounds good to me.
  12. Ghubuk Augur

There would be a lot less chance of it being abused if it sent you to the zone in.
  13. Moardots Lorekeeper

Oh look another thread of someone upset they lost a DPS race and wishes EQ was still carebear so they run to the forums to complain about it

Where have I seen this before?
  14. Bewts Augur

Scenario:

You do a camp check for juggs in seb. Nothing is said, so you crawl down.

You get there and there's a group already there.

You spent all that effort and time crawling down and now what? You check picks.

Should you be penalized and have to do the crawl back? Doesn't seem.... Right.

Point is, picks have both their pro's and cons. Calling for a revamp because you dislike the way they can be used is not always the best change for everyone.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Lol yea then you pick over your solo toon to camp a named and a boxed army shows up right as their 5 minutes expires so they can continue popping each instance.

What's the bigger inconvenience to the average player?
  16. Rhodz Augur

I think the average player could give a damn less about drama in the pits.

He will give a damn if he has to crawl all the way back across whatever zone just to play.
  17. Phantom Ghost Augur

No response? Ask specifically for that camp. No response? Take it... dps race etc. They dont claim then they lose it or share it. If I spend over 30secs traveling to a camp not called after asking twice, I am not leaving.
  18. Rhodz Augur

Or they were busy playing and you just end up being a jerk, which is too kind of a word.
    Funny that people think that way...
  19. Phantom Ghost Augur

Thats why you ask a second time. No response then they messed up. I wont be out my time due to their inability to respond to camp checks. They have filters, unless people are asking for camp checks in a channel, say, or auction there is no excuse to not see it.

There are up to 6 people who can respond. You think somebody who forms a group and runs to a camp should be punished because a group is unable to uphold their responsibility of holding a camp?
  20. Rhodz Augur

They have no responsibility or obligation to you. It is nothing more than a courtesy that I have never seen anyone deny another player intentionally.
    There is so much spam at times missing a cc in /ooc is real easy obviously or else there would not be a problem. /shout works better (red gets attention) but then people get all pissy about that.

One can understand this or one can end up a jerk, all up to the people involved.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.