Trakanon HH loot a downgrade?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raptor_Shadowz, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I like the Throwing dagger summoning Bracer ..... Throwing daggers are only 18 years old .... they almost got it right.
  2. Phrovo1 Augur

give it a deaggro instead, paladins generate too much as it is
    Xeladom and EnchFWO like this.
  3. Maedhros High King

Well we got Trakanon down for the 6th time tonite, and wont have a chance for a 7th as the event goes offline before our lockout drops. I know there are tons of guilds that never managed to beat this, and of the ones that did, there are some that only beat it once and decided to not go back because it was pretty difficult compared to the value of the loot or it they were unable to beat it again.
    Heres the breakdown of loot.
    ZERO Cleric Bp's
    ZERO Berz Bp's
    One Paladin Bp
    One Warrior Bp
    One Druid Bp (went to an alt)
    Two Mana robes :(
    Two Sk Bp's
    Two Shaman Bp's
    Three Rogue Bp's (two went to alts, one I gave to a random guy from general chat so it wouldnt rot)
    Three Ranger Bp's (one went to an alt)
    Three Bard Bp's (two of them went to alts)

One Mnk/Bst 2hb
    Two Berz only Swords
    Two Shoulder items
    Three of the Mnk/Bst weap
    Five of the Piercer
    Seven of the Priest 1hb
    (More than half of the weapons and non-visibles went to alts)

I think I can say with confidence that very few, if any, guilds beat this more than 6 times.
    These items are definitely going to be rare, due to the difficulty of the event, and the short duration that it has been live (including the first night that it was not dropping loot in the chest, yet also hitting guilds with a 5 day lockout, and then again the evening that EQ was down all day because of the very extended patch).
    An increase to the power of the items is necessary.
    As others have said, the precedent exists from the previous Hardcore Heritage raid and the Anniversary raids, that the loot that drops on these special, limited time raids will be of greater stats than what is otherwise available from current expansion items, or at the very least offer special (read useful) clicky effects.
    The clicky effects on these items have been widely agreed to be of little practical value to most raiders, with a few exceptions. Bear in mind that it is usually impossible to get the EQ community to agree on anything, so congrats on that?

It would seem to be perfectly reasonable for these items to have 5 to 10% better stats than what is available from EOK raids or the random rare chase loots.
    Even adding 10ac 300hme and 3 or 4 more to each heroic and the secondary modifiers on these items would be appreciated and give these items the value they deserve.

Additionally, we can expect the new loot to be far superior in the next expansion, the clicky effects currently on the chest items are quite weak, and there is no lure of augments like on the Hates Fury raid. There is nothing to draw raiders back next year to this as it stands.

I enjoy the special anniversary and hardcore heritage raids, as they provide a welcome distraction from the monotony of the spring and summertime farming before each next expansion.
    I also would hate to see all the hard work and dev time that it took to make this raid be only "good" for three weeks worth of raids.

Do consider improving these items and making the clickies unique AND useful so we can enjoy the raid again next year.
  4. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Our breakdown: (wont be back up for us before it goes away, either)

0 Cleric Bp's
    0 Druid Bp
    0 Sk Bp's
    1 Berz Bp's
    1 Paladin Bp
    1 Bard Bp's
    1 Warrior Bp
    2 Mana robes (boo)
    1 Shaman Bp's
    1 Rogue Bp's
    3 Monk/Bst BP
    3 Ranger Bp's (one went to an alt)

0 Mnk/Bst 2hb
    1 Berz only Swords
    1 Mnk/Bst 1h weap
    2 Shoulder items
    3 of the Priest weapon
    6 Piercer

lots of folks really looking forward to this one but it was a bit soured and plagued by problems (chest issue, spell problems), then login server problems, then extended patching, just lots of things that i know interfered with keeping it always clear the maximum number of times during the available window.

now that its done for us i am left with mixed feelings, some disappointment for those that didnt see the loot they wanted (mana robes, another claw, etc), but the prevailing opinion i think for most of us was good riddance. i also agree there is almost no draw or appeal to doing this raid in the future, unlike nagafen which we got a good bit of mileage out of for a long time - even did it again this year for those who hadnt seen it before.
  5. Axxius Augur

We did 7 kills. One mana robe :(
  6. Sindaiann Augur

RIP SEB

We raided Seb on the Wednesday it opened and beat it the first day and received no loot.

We killed Seb 8 times and if we raided it on lockouts all the way thru, it would of been 10 times.

Below is the index of what was obtained. Rejoice folks, no reason to go back next year, even with modest upgrades.

Keep in mind Ngreth already said 10% greater than EoK stat wise will not occur.

Darkened Blood Ember Breastplate - 2

Darkened Cobalt Breastplate - 5
    Darkened Cloak of Piety - 2

Darkened Donal's Chestplate of Mourning - 3
    Darkened Deepwater Breastplate - 1

Darkened Elder Spiritist's Breastplate - 2

Darkened Jaundiced Bone Breastplate - 4

Darkened Mana Robe - 3

Darkened Mrylokar's Breastplate - 1

Darkened Poison Mantle - 2

Darkened Singing Steel Breastplate - 2

Darkened Tolan's Darkwood Breastplate - 1
    Darkened Trakanon's Claw - 4
    Darkened Trakanon's Femur - 3
    Darkened Trakanon's Malleus - 5
    Darkened Trakanon's Tooth - 3
    Darkened Tunic of Wrath - 2

Darkened Wildlord's Tunic - 2
  7. smash Augur

Has these not already got their upgrades or is this first coming in July patch?
  8. Cicelee Augur

Imagine being in a guild that has yet to see a single Mana Robe, and is done with HH Trakanon...
  9. Cicelee Augur

The really crummy part is players were basing their gearing decisions mostly on the stats and effects they saw on the gear. Which, as has been discussed numerous times, is poor compared to EOK raid gear. And while there is always *hope* that things will change, many guilds rely on a points/DKP type of system and many players would prefer not to get an item with a *hope* of change.

Therefore if the stats and effects do change into something that is worthwhile and an improvement over current EOK raid, you are going to have a lot of players upset that they did not get the items during the HH period of time. There is a great risk into obtaining one of these items for many players.

Just an overall cluster Halfling of a situation. I really do hope that the developers in the future learn from the multitude of mistakes made (poor initial stats, no change of stats during the HH period, no augments, ending HH situation instead of extending) and not repeat them in 2018...
    Ssdar and Elricvonclief like this.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

Yes, they could have upgraded the throwing daggers to be statted ones.
  11. dwish Augur

We ended up doing this event 6 times in my guild. Each time it was somewhat of a slog, and definitely not very fun, but the unique nature of the loot kept people wanting to go back. Most of the weapons are actually halfway decent now after the changes. The rest of the items though could use a little boost. I personally ended up with three of the items myself from the Trak raid (DKP guild), so I'm overall pretty happy with the anni raid this year as these items will be rare indeed. A couple of the items are quite a bit better then people think.
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

i feel like my post came off a bit more negative then i meant it to, which i suppose is the peril of doing it at late at night when you are annoyed with something else entirely.

I just wanted to add that despite the lackluster feelings i had bout the raid situation, the group content was quite good. I've always felt that anniversary, living legacy, time limited content, etc should be fully accessible to anyone who wanted to experience it, and from that end, and the quality of the group items, the augments, etc, there was something to offer basically anyone that wanted to go out there and have a look. truth be told, if i had to choose between fantastic group with lackluster raid, or fantastic raid with lackluster group, i'd choose the first every time, as I think its really quite beneficial to the general health of a nearly 20 year old game and the players who support it, regardless of whether they have the passion to raid or not.

i'd love to see 2018 herald the return of a raid that gives one identical reward, or even better, a set of 2 or 3 rewards to choose from to every participant, much like the old living legacy raids did - it helps to avoid these feelings of "i'll never see that XYZ thing i want from this event thats only in for a month and then i'll have to wait an entire year to see it" but rather leaves everyone happy and satisfied at the end of the day. i know that our guild was probably not the only one that actually went out of our way to include folks from the server community who werent guilded to try to spread the love and wealth a bit. it doesn't have to be a gamechanger - even just a fun illusion or mount or anything of the sort. to me, that's always been a nice way for the team to say thanks for the players, and for us to say thanks to the server.
    Maedhros likes this.
  13. svann Augur

It would kind of suck that I didnt bid on stuff because it wasnt an upgrade, then they upgrade the stuff after I cant bid on it anymore. But whatever.
  14. Sigourney Journeyman

I have the Zerker Darkened Tunic from Trak, its stats are what I've come to expect from Daybreak, Lame on every facet, stat and attention.
    feeltheburn and Quatreh like this.