Is there an advantage to lowballing mobs in-era?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Quill, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Quill Augur

So we (Dawntreader) did Lady Vox on Agnarr tonight for the first time. We get everything to click and killed her.

With 34.

We get jackpot loot. Eyepatch, RBB, Bag, 2 Pally Books, and the Cleric Hammer. I believe roughly in that order in the list. The top 3 items may not be exact order, but I do remember the 2 pally books and Cleric Hammer in that order at the end of the list.

Now personally.. I would put it down to luck, with the exception of multiple epic item drops and 4, rather than 3, main loot drops. I assume people that have played other TLP on say Phinny with split raids in-era can speak to this. Simple luck, or did we get extra items outside of norm for lower raid numbers?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You think Daybreak created some algorithm that is able to scale loot based on your raid size?

Cmon guy.

But yes, there is an advantage to lowballing mobs, you can run multiple instances by splitting your raid up.
    Risiko likes this.
  3. Quill Augur

So its common to see multiple epic items and 4 pieces of main loot(rather than just 3) off this mob? That's cool if it is... I think it may be luck myself, but it struck me as weird so I asked the question. And its less a 'scaling' of loot, but simply providing a higher chance for an extra item to drop that i would be referring to. Nothing exotic. If its normal, its normal. EQ has done weirder stuff before.
  4. Sethiroth Augur

You got lucky with loot is all
  5. Quill Augur

Fair enough.
  6. Machentoo Augur

Also 34 isn't lowballing vox. Try it with 12 and go down from there.
  7. Tudadar Augur

I dont think you got jackpot loot. No hide sucks. Vox can drop up to 3 hides in one kill.
  8. Risiko Augur

This ^^^. More raid instances = more raid loots = faster equipment progression of guild members.