Agnarr Enchanter Gear Progression?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FistaCuffs, Jun 26, 2017.

1. FistaCuffs New Member

Hey, I'm fairly new to EQ, how exactly do I go about getting gear for my enchanter? I'm currently level 27 with ~300pp. Recommended quests I should do / gear I should buy off players? I've read that enchanters are pretty gear dependant compared too other casters.
  2. Atrocity Journeyman

You could do your job as an enchanter completely naked, its just slightly less forgiving. Your priorities should be 'focus effect' > HP/AC > Int under 200 > Mana. Best bang for buck is probably Golden Fire Wedding Rings. Platinum fire is better but you don't have enough money for two.

As for quests, do Stein of Moggok and Rod of Insidious Glamour. You may need to wait a bit for Rod as Shadowed Men can hit fairly hard.

Shopping list off the top of my head -

Rokyls Channeling Crystal
    Djarn ring
    GEBS
    White Gold Necklace (or BAM)
    Loam Bracers
    Loam Robe
    Maybe a few other Loam pieces

Rest will be Planes gear or Sky quest gear or other no drop gear (PMM)
    Johnwick and Illusory like this.
  3. FistaCuffs New Member

You're awesome
  4. Pikallo Augur

Not sure if trolling just to illicit highly clever "chamina" responses from idiots who think its hilarious and fresh or legit curious.

I'll respond for real just in case. Casters are actually not that gear dependent in classic. I leveled my enchanter and wizard both to 50 basically gearless other than occasional cloth and other junk drops. Even with a hasted charmed pet, the tangible difference from gear is fairly minimal. Getting your casting skill and defense skill up is far more important than any gear.

That said, as an Enchanter I prioritize stats as such: AC -> HP -> INT(to soft cap) -> MANA = STA = AGI -> CHA.

Additionally, I put a high priority on focus effects since they have a much more noticeable impact on your gameplay.
    Extended Enhancement
    Spell Haste
    Mana Preservation
    Extended Range
    Enhancement Haste

And to a lesser extent:
    Improved Damage
    Affliction Efficiency/Haste
    Burning Affliction

Given your budget, you probably won't be able to afford many of those, so bet in my opinion, would be to buy a Clawed Knuckle Ring for extended buff durations, and a moonstone ring for Ext Range. Both are cheap options that get you the best bang for your buck in terms of focus items.

(edit - other guy posted a fairly similar opinion while I was typing)
    Illusory likes this.
  5. Rouan Augur

*cracks knuckles*

You'll want to quest for your Stein of Moggok (provided you are evil or agnostic). Oh, and while you're in the Qeynos/Erudin area remember to grab your Coins of Tash. I'd also recommend binding there if you're going to keep questing.

You should be able to solo or duo the Incandescent Mask. Mask is pretty much your best-in-slot.

Camping a froglok scryer for the Bracer of Woven Grass will give you an easy to obtain Spell Haste I for your enthrall mezz and AE mesmerization.

After a few levels (I think 37 would be safest, but 33 with abuse of rune 3 should work) you can try and camp Najena for... well, everything, but the Clawed Knuckle-Ring with it's Extended Enhancement II is the most of interest to you. You'll need to key for her, but it's not too bad to do.

At 31 you should be able to safely take down a priest of najena who is the principle mob for the Mystic Cloak. Do it during prime time when there's a boatload of Unrest picks up. You'll be needing that Qeynos bind right about now to finish the quest fast without a port.
  6. Baldur Augur

You can do the stein quest no matter what. I did it as a Tunare worshipping High Elf. I did it so many times selling them on Phinny that I can now walk around Oggok without an illusion and not get attacked.

You just need ogre illusion and your faction spell at first to do it, so level 17. I think dark elf illusion will work as well, and you get that at level 10.
  7. Eeze New Member

Two 4 ac / 45 hp rings are the best bang for your buck. As well as making sure you have full cloth in every slot.

Getting a bracelet of woven grass for your level 1 mes spell is cheap and invaluable.

The other more abstract advice up there is perfectly fine as well. Gearing an enchanter is not an exciting process really, but playing a well geared enchanter va a naked will give you a lot more options in risky feats and a lot leas downtime.
    Illusory likes this.
  8. Illusory Augur

These responses make Illusory happy. :)
    Rhodz likes this.
  9. Johnwick Augur

ARMS- INSIDIOUS SLEEVES ( POHATE )

CLOAK – MYSTIC CLOAK ( QUEST )

BREASTPLATE – INSIDIOUS ROBE ( POHATE )

EARRING # 1 – IVANDYR’S HOOP ( QUEST) INNOTHULE SWAMP

EARRING # 2 – BLACK SAPPHIRE ELECTRUM EARRING ( Opalline Earring Secondary Option ) +5 Cha

MASK -- INCANDESCENT MASK ( QUEST ) UGUK

BOOTS –GOLDEN EFREETI BOOTS ( SOL B )

RING # 1 – DJARN’S AMETHYST RING ( SOL B )

RING # 2 – Clawed Knuckle Ring

GLOVES – INSIDIOUS GLOVES ( POHATE )

HEAD – RUNED COWL / Insidious Halo ( LOWER GUK ) PoHate

LEGGINGS – LOAM ENCRUSTED PANTALOONS ( THE HOLE )

NECK- BLACK ALLOY MEDALLION ( RUNNYEYE )

SHOULDERS – LOAM ENCRUSTED AMICE ( THE HOLE )

BELT – BRAIDED CINCH CORD ( LGUK )

WRIST # 1-GOLDEN CHITIN BRACER ( SOL B )

WRIST # 2-RING OF THE ANCIENTS ( OCEAN OF TEARS )

PRIMARY – Opal Encrusted Stien

SECONDARY – Crude Stein

RANGED – BALL OF EVERLIVING GOLEM ( POFEAR ) Or Dragoon Dirk Or the Golden Idol ( Diety )
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

At the risk of restarting a CHA is useful vs. CHA is useless debate again, why on earth did you pick Crude Stein over Rokyls?
  11. milbenator2 New Member

Updated some stuff, added some options (I value focus effects and surviving charm breaks):
    ARMS- INSIDIOUS SLEEVES ( POHATE )

CLOAK – MYSTIC CLOAK ( QUEST )

BREASTPLATE – INSIDIOUS ROBE ( POHATE )

EARRING # 1 – IVANDYR’S HOOP ( QUEST) INNOTHULE SWAMP or Black Sapphire Electrum

EARRING # 2 – BLACK SAPPHIRE ELECTRUM EARRING ( Opalline Earring Secondary Option ) +5 Cha

MASK -- INCANDESCENT MASK ( QUEST ) UGUK or Polished-Mithril Mask

BOOTS –GOLDEN EFREETI BOOTS ( SOL B )

RING # 1 – DJARN’S AMETHYST RING ( SOL B ) or Plat Fire Wedding Ring

RING # 2 – Clawed Knuckle Ring Moonstone Ring (Extended Range) or Plat Fire Wedding Ring

GLOVES – INSIDIOUS GLOVES ( POHATE )

HEAD – RUNED COWL / Insidious Halo ( LOWER GUK ) PoHate

LEGGINGS – LOAM ENCRUSTED PANTALOONS ( THE HOLE )

NECK- BLACK ALLOY MEDALLION ( RUNNYEYE )

SHOULDERS – LOAM ENCRUSTED AMICE ( THE HOLE )

BELT – BRAIDED CINCH CORD ( LGUK ) or Drakescale Belt (Extended Enhancement 2)

WRIST # 1-GOLDEN CHITIN BRACER ( SOL B ) or Loam Bracer

WRIST # 2-RING OF THE ANCIENTS ( OCEAN OF TEARS ) or Loam Bracer

PRIMARY – Opal Encrusted Stien Stein of Moggok or Glowing Black Stone

SECONDARY – Crude Stein Rokyl's Channeling Crystal (Extended Enhancement 3) or Journal of Aataltaa

RANGED – BALL OF EVERLIVING GOLEM ( POFEAR ) Or Dragoon Dirk Or the Golden Idol ( Diety )
  12. Johnwick Augur

Because the chance of getting a Rokyl's Crystal is slim to none during classic.
    And his also asked on what items HE should be working towards as a level 27 , by purchasing or acquiring on his own.
    10 STA ? and being able to get this at level like 5? or buy for 20plat ( makes survivability a little easier )
    Glowing Black Stone- you will camp this for hours on end- good luck
    Stein of Moggok is good- But I put CHA for my main stat. I don't believe it makes sense for an enchanter to have excess amount of mana when in a group setting I never run out.

Everything I listed on that list is single groupable ( beside Ball of Ever living Golem )

Milbenator-
    why change to the drakescale?
    The Clawed Knuckle has HP + Extended enhancement 2.
    get the Cinch Cord for the Int + Mana.
    Moonstone ring is good, but will be very easily replaced in Kunark for the Bracer in Karnors.
    And Extented range doesn't help as much as you would think in dungeons that have a crap load of corners. ( PoSky / PoHate / PoFear Moonstone ring is very helpful.
    Polished Mithril Mask - If I see a Enchanter running around with one of these, In my opinion they paid for in, because no one in there right mind would give this to a ench when it has a Improved Damage 2 on it. ( also not 1 groupable unless u have a skilled monk / necro / SK )

Tome of Miragul is also a good Secondary / Primary.
  13. Buddi Elder

Always always always buy padded armor in Freeport. It is equal to raw silk and is inexpensive. As long as you are an int caster (cant be a gnome), or monk it will be the best you can have in most slots until about lvl 30 unless you twinked the toon. If your STR is low it can even help priest classes.

Do the Stein of moggok quest multiple times and use the proceeds from sales to fund your equipment needs.
    Johnwick likes this.
  14. AgentofChange Augur

The dude has a ball of everliving golem as a bis range item & a ring of the ancients as the best wrist item... That should tell you enough about his opinions on gear
  15. Johnwick Augur

Agent of Change, you never read the post so shut the hell up.
    What is best in SLOT?
    considering I didn't even mention BIS ...

I gave multiple options ( none are BEST IN SLOT ) they are obtainable for him at 27 - 50.
    Give me a Best in slot for Wrists please-
    please!
    before you come here and want to start ****.
    Give me your OPINION ( O SO Knowledgeable EQ GOD )
  16. AgentofChange Augur

Best Wrists:

- Bracelet of Quiescence (Sky trash drop) will literally rot in every guild that exists on this server
    - Loam Bracer

If you get a ring of the ancients, sell that multi-quest for a krono. Wearing that thing is literally the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

And wearing a ball of everliving golem? What are you thinking dude. Not only does that item suck for an enchanter but it's a warrior epic piece. What are you even thinking suggesting that, especially since you apparently made your list based on "obtainable for him at 27-50". Please walk me through your logic on that choice.
  17. Johnwick Augur

Agent-

The bracelet you provided is from PoSky and he is unable to get their for another 20 levels.
    PLUS.
    Golden Chitin and Ring of the Ancients are Both obtainable BY grouping in that area to obtain level 50.
    and give the best INT boost from all the items ( possible other option is the bracelet of Woven Grass )

Again Agent-

READ my POST-
    I gave multiple options for Ranged- Considering most enchanters go Agnostic ( we don't receive a Golden Idol )

Please provide me with a BEST in Slot Ranged item- That an Agnostic Ench can wear.

Yes the ball is a Warrior Epic piece, it is also the easiest piece to get from a raid zone.
    it will be rotting in most peoples bags and it is easily Multi-questable.

And please note AGAIN that I never said any of the items I listed were Best in slot.
  18. AgentofChange Augur

lulz, "can't get to sky for another 20 levels" BUT GO GET A BALL OF EVERLIVING GOLEM npnp.

Just tell him to get a fippy paw or something. The best in slot is an idol of the underking but good luck with that. And I also think it's hilarious that a sky bracer is too hard for him to get or will be too long, but he will somehow manage to score a ring of the ancients away from all the level 50s camping it.

You got jokes dude I'll give you that.
  19. Johnwick Augur

I managed to get my Ring of the Ancients at level 43 thank you.

Yet again, if you READ my post Agent you would see I have 3 items listed their.
    Dragoon Dirk - Golden Idol - Ball of Everliving Golem.

Again please provide me with a BETTER Ranged item for a Agnostic Ench.

I do got Jokes, But you are the JOKE.
    You seem to think it is impossible for people to obtain gear from camps.

You love to troll people on these forums but you are so misinformed that you cant even read the original posts before responding to someone else's.
    READING IS KEY! didn't they teach you that in school or did you drop out to become this o so knowledgeable EQ god that probably isn't past level 30 himself.
  20. AgentofChange Augur

I read your list and it was trash, don't take it personally dude. This thread is about helping the OP out so I was just doing him a favor by letting him know to not follow you advice ;)