Returning Ranger

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Treiln, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Treiln Augur

Copied my thread from Vets Lounge:

So I returned to the game a month ago (or so here in a few days). Started all over, new chars on a new server. But got curious and started going through the servers and found my Ranger.

Last time I played was in RoF. Not quite max level (87 currently). Thinking about transferring my Ranger to my new server and making him my main again.

Never hit max level in this game before :p but I want to take my Ranger and push 105, so I was wondering if people could point me in the right direction.

1) Leveling 90-105. I've never done HAs before, but would DH HA be a good jump start?

2) Progression. Any certain progression periods in any of the forward going expansions that are more worthy? Whether it be dor a certain Aug or spell or AA line?

3) Burn vs Sustained: went through and looked at my AAs and a few abilities. Turns out Rangers have some nice group enhancements (I.E. Group Guardian). Can someone point out a few abilities/AAs I can use on refresh and maybe one or two I should save for Nameds/oi vey moments? (For level 90 - I have a good idea, would just enjoy a more veterab/experienced opinion)
  2. Phrovo1 Augur

out of curiosity, what server do you play on?
  3. fortuneteller Augur

More curiosity, why should server A be worse than server B ?
    Why use Money on server change, maybe it is not necessary ? Have you tried to see if you present server is as good as the one you might go to.
  4. Treiln Augur

Ranger on Bertoxx
    Currently on Xegony
  5. Brohg Augur

This was my lv100 summary/timetable I made with help. It should be valid through 104, but once you're 105 with an EOK bow and EOK archery AAs it changes a little.

[IMG]
    Treiln likes this.
  6. Treiln Augur

Seems pretty solid to me. Thank you for the list Brogh. One last thing I want to ask, since you mentioned things changing with a new bow.

Archery > Melee
    or
    Archery < Melee

As long as things aren't rooted, I seem to do exceptionally well with ranged damage. I 3 boxed a Paladin, Mage, Ranger combo and used to the Ranger to pull and then /autofire for the most part.

But it seems like quite a few of our abilities (second spire, epic, Guardian, accuracy) are melee heavy, increasing damage, hit chance, and crit. Good sense says melee when I can, ranged when situation calls for it
  7. Brohg Augur

You are not actually doing "exceptionally well" with ranged damage. Unless the weapons available to you are very uneven in quality, melee damage > ranged damage until you train up the EOK AAs and get an EOK bow to go with them.

Ranged damage is very easy for multiboxing. Ranged damage is not a horrible waste of time, like it is for any class but ranger. But it's not the best that character can do.
  8. Phrovo1 Augur

once you're 105, have archery aas, have pureshot focus aas, and have an eok bow, you're generally going to want to use a now as much as possible except for when you use empowered blades
  9. Fintank Augur

http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=10212.0

That's a link to my ranger write-up for raiding. There's some good info in there for grouping as well but since it was meant for raiding rangers it's leaned a bit more towards that style. It's also not up to date with the shaman epic/glyph changes and no mention of alliance either because updating things takes time and sucks. There are however questions answered in it such as which Spire to use (Third spire always) and weapon augs etc. At the end I have left a comment with parses in it disproving the following
    Now this does hold true for raid weapons. BUT I do not know how it translates to group weapons and I'm not going to go get group weapons just to figure it out, that's something you'll have to do.
  10. Phrovo1 Augur

the EoK group bows also have the physical arrow proc on their bows that can be modded by pureshot
  11. Brohg Augur

The raid bow he parsed with has that proc