<SYSTMWIDE_MESSAGE>

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by doah, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Jaera Augur

This has really gotten out of hand with the number of NPCs that now present a serverwide message. The messages were a kind of neat idea on Combine and Sleeper for a time, but even then we noticed the random messages for Phinigel or Kunark dragons dying while we were in Serpent Spine were already a little ridiculous.

Please either revert the changes back to the previous set from Combine/Sleeper/Fippy/Vulak or present us with finer grain filtering controls. Alternately, move the kill messages from systemwide_message to some other data channel that can then be safely filtered into a spam window while actually important messages remain.
  2. Jaera Augur

Event messages has nothing to do with these, and by moving system messages to a minimized chat channel you might miss the (admittedly rare) information on server shutdowns or anything else the GMs might deem important to share with us.

This binary on-or-off filter is insufficient when two sets of information are using the same message channel.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

System messages are how Daybreak are "supposed" to communicate server messages and event messages actually have a use in game. There is 0 excuse for this much spam.
  4. MabbuAgnarr Journeyman

I don't see any problem with these system messages.

You can filter these to the same window your auction spam goes to, no problem! This is a player education opportunity, not a development opp.Not something worth spending valuable development time on.

Besides, I actually like seeing what other people are killing.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

See if you are singing that tune when Agnarr reaches Velious, if you don't sell that warrior before then.
  6. MabbuAgnarr Journeyman

Why the personal attack man? If I sell my warrior before your account is banned again for exploiting you can talk.... how's that?

People like different things. I like seeing the spam of what people are killing.

I have the system spam in another chat Window with some other non critical filtered items. They have a filter for it even in the chat options, so why is this even an issue?
  7. AgentofChange Augur

Hopefully they never have any messages to send in game ever again. Nobody will ever see them if they do.
  8. Aegir Augur

Of course it's nice to see what people are killing. The thing is, when you see that a Guild has killed Dozekar + minis and then Ikitar, you kinda get the point that they are killing ToV. No need for 10 or more system-wide messages before Vulak to make that pretty clear - Especially if 2 guilds or more are clearing at the same time, which happens a lot.
  9. MabbuAgnarr Journeyman

If only there was a way to filter these messages to another chat window..... :rolleyes:

I don't like seeing Damage shield messages either, so they go into another window. Thats the point of filtering chat.

I'd like to get an ingame filter for cry babies. Can they add that?
  10. AgentofChange Augur

If they separated system messages & serverwide kill messages than ya we could all filter them and be content to never see them again. But for that 0.05% chance they actually send out a message that we would like to see, it will be filtered out...
  11. nostalgicfool Augur

Agreed, so a "nasty chest"had been killed for the 2000th time ... honestly i could not care less ...
  12. dundada3100 Elder

i saw one for a named Drake in ToV that didnt even drop any loot. I actually had to look it up on ZAM cause I had never even heard of the name before.
  13. Zert Journeyman

systemwide message should only be for the public open mobs and thats it imo

or server firsts other then that its pretty dumb lol
  14. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Any chance of Daybreak acknowledgement of this thread. I mean, not over the weekend obviously, but monday around noon, after the morning meeting and watercooler talk?
  15. Glokta New Member

If this is staying in, then change it from systemwide to something else so we can filter it, but still receive other (non-spam) systemwide messages.
  16. MabbuAgnarr Journeyman

Because its really important you don't miss the ...

[Mon May 29 12:29:59 2017] Miriele BROADCASTS, 'Hello Agnarr! Senior guide Miriele here to help out where I can. Remember to use /guidehelp to leave a message for assistance if we are not available!'

[Wed May 31 19:23:16 2017] Matille BROADCASTS, 'Greetings Norrath! Senior Guide Matille here to help out where I can. Remember, /guidehelp is always an option to leave a message if no guides are available online.'

[Sun Jun 04 08:52:32 2017] Pirowen BROADCASTS, 'Greetings Agnarr, if you have any issues that the Senior Guides can assist you with please use /guidehelp and we will be sure and contact you as soon as possible. If you have questions about Guide duties visit the Everquest TLP forums'

[Wed Jun 07 00:06:15 2017] Miriele BROADCASTS, 'Greetings Agnarr! Senior Guide Miriele stopping by! If you have any issues that the Senior Guides can assist you with please use /guidehelp and we will contact you as soon as possible.'

[Fri Jun 09 23:04:22 2017] Matille BROADCASTS, 'Greetings Norrath! Senior Guide Matille here to help out where I can. Remember, /guidehelp is always an option to leave a message if no guides are available online.'

[Sat Jun 10 16:50:06 2017] Pirowen BROADCASTS, 'Greetings Agnarr, if you have any issues that the Senior Guides can help with please use /guidehelp'

[Thu Jun 22 00:25:27 2017] Miriele BROADCASTS, 'Greetings Agnarr! Senior Guide Miriele stopping by! If you have any issues that the Senior Guides can assist you with please use /guidehelp and we will contact you as soon as possible.'
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'll make a change that will reduce this to the level it was before I added achievements. It will take a major patch (I.E. the July patch) for this to go in.

As for a filter for what remains, that's outside what I do as a designer. The team is aware of this thread.
  18. Rovell Elder

I say let's leave it and let's have Daax add anything with a SYSTEM_WIDE to Phinny/Agnarr kills ;)

Sorry Daax lol!!
    Machentoo likes this.
  19. AgentofChange Augur

Some people do like seeing the guide serverwides, as they often forget they exist. We also occasionally get serverwide messages letting us know the servers are coming down. Would prefer to not have to filer either of these, so glad to see a dev response.
  20. Kiani Augur

Is there some way that mobs from several expansions ago can have their message removed too? Naggy, Vox, Phinigel, Kunark dragons etc are not relevant or interesting once the server is in PoP (or even before).