NBG Loot and pugs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Groans, Jun 21, 2017.

1. NoWay Augur

Spot on
  2. zarkolov Lorekeeper

Groans is right applebottom must of confused you with my character groana sorry that he would
    do that just because of me winning a roll on a need item that the group had been rolling like that for 12 hours and then just when applebottom decided to change it i happend to win the roll...
    Its kind of interesting in relation to this thread though because people do seem to change policies
    whenever they think it changes their chances of getting the upper hand against people they want to give the short end of the staff to in this case it was me and after i didnt let them guess what they did... kicked me out of the group.
  3. Moardots Lorekeeper

Almost nobody is actually here solely to farm krono to sell for money to pay their rent. Despite that stereotype being repeated ad nauseam in-game and on the forums. I get accused of being a kronofarmer every single day. I currently have 3 krono and around 2kpp to my name across 2 accounts that I use krono to pay for subs on both of them. So right now I have enough money for basically 2 months sub on my 2 accounts and that's it. The vast majority of the time I'm camping something its something I plan to wear or plan for my alt to wear.

Some kronofarmer eh?
  4. Rentic Journeyman

There are many of players on these servers who farm and sell to websites or work for websites to make RL money and yes it may not be much from each single player but when you have groups doing it as a business on multi games it adds up but yes I am targeting just you
  5. Senadin Elder

Everyone roll on everything, simple and fair! Why would i go to the Hole as a monk when there's there for me? I went anyway and hope that i get a group that understand that if i win a loam piece, ill sell and save my coins. Not all groups do and that's ok, i just know who not to group with next time and move on! If a Yak drop, roll on it i dont care and if i ever get a frenzy group, i wouldnt care if casters roll on the FBSS.
    Alekyne likes this.
  6. Carns Lorekeeper

LOL, have you ever noticed, for every single item in a NBG group, bards are NOT one of the need classes.
  7. Zohkar New Member

I am a firm believer of NBG. I join a group because I want to, not for some pixels of code. I try my best with the gear I have and only need if what drops is a improvement to that character. Unfortunately a lot of time I just get experience from groups and the camps I join. It doesn't matter if its a pug or a guild group I will greed if the "exotic loot" is not for my class.

Does this mean I am broke, yes. Does this mean I don't have good gear, yes. But in the end if the item is a upgrade for me or another person in a group, then yes NBG. Unfortunately its mostly about greed in the past, present and certainly future groups I get.
    Juantothre likes this.
  8. Joan New Member

Well, since this topic is brought up - again. I'll chime in - again.

There was never any question to the loot rules to me, I was a hardcore NBG player. Even on greed rolls, if someone wanted something, I'd give it to them. It wasn't a huge deal. If you dared roll a "need" on something, when someone in the group "apparently" needed it as an upgrade - you were greedy.

Someone pointed out in a group in The Hole the err in this thinking, and naturally the group attacked her. But it got me to thinking, wow, OK - its the absolute opposite. And I will explain in detail. NBG really is ridiculous.

So, first - I'm a healer, I've always healed...its what I do. The Hole - for the most part, is mostly Loam items for casters. I've seen so many Loam Robes and caster items drop. Theres always that one person in the group, that settles any loot rules for everyone (now I stand up), saying "grats mage", or "grats so and so...". You guys should stop that. Agree on the rules beforehand.

Long story short, I saw in group rotations, casters have friends pick up a robe or gear for them, or swap it or trade it - didn't think anything of it at the time. Many of those casters didn't even bother to wait a day to sell the items, or under an alt in The Commons.

I still have a few cloth pieces of gear. Who's to say that robe couldn't have been sold towards an upgrade for me? It's silly to think, that a particular camp has to go to someone who "needs" the item. Everyone "needs" some type of upgrade.

Now here's another interesting fact, that of course people had excuses for. You've got that SMR, and you just upgraded to a Loam robe that dropped (or vise versa depending on your preference). Alright, now give the SMR to the next in line in the group as a hand-me-down. That's fair. You get an upgrade from NBG, give your hand me down away. Some enchanters said that wasn't right because they needed the SMR for their epic or some other reason.

Another thing, I'm a hoarder. I hoard all my fine steel weapons. I've hoarded them for all my levels. I'll get to the point, where I am so encumbered, that I'm a snail trying to get to a merchant. I've been late in groups for this reason. So, saving all that plat, for all those levels, (giving this as an example), - buy a pair of GEBS - phew. All that hard work of saving paid off. Then I get in a pug healing, and low and behold a pair of GEBS drops. But, I can't roll because I have a pair. You're telling me, that I can't roll, because I saved 900 fine steel weapons to buy a pair prior? NBG is silly.

It's also silly to think, that because you won something in a group, that you don't qualify for anything else. You won a Skull Shaped Barbute so you can't roll on an SMR, that's very silly. Oh, and I'd rather in an NBG group, see an SMR taken by the 3 melee in the group, taken to The Commons together - and purchase several SSOY and each have one.

I also play a mage, and in groups (only in groups where I benefit from NBG, such as Ham) - I insist on everyone "needing", that way I can't be accused of being greedy. I won my robe fair and square 1/6 that way. I had a mage replace my mage camping Ham the other evening, and I explained the loot rules before he came - he accepted. But when he arrived, he kept saying "oh guys, I'm OK with NBG, I'm fine with that." Well of course you are! You'd be the one with most benefit. It shouldn't be called "need", it should be changed to "fair".

Everyone rolling, win - go buy yourself an upgrade that you want.
  9. Alekyne Journeyman

What incentive does a level 50 character have to join a PUG, other than loot? Get outta here with this NBG in PUGs nonsense.
  10. Tevez Augur

This ^

I dont get why people say 'there's no reason for an enchanter or cleric to be in a frenzy group if its NBG'. If you are getting xp and the mobs arn't all LB/Green/Grey then you're getting XP to level and loot is a bonus in NBG groups.

If you are level 50 though then there is no reason for you to join a frenzy group with NBG rules if you're a caster unless helping out friends/guildies or are an incredibly nice guy :p .

I have been in Frenzy NBG PUG on my Cleric and was solely there for XP, if the ring dropped it was a bonus. My main goal of the group is to level up and if an FBSS dropped I have no problem with it going to a melee that NEEDS it.

Note that I emphasise on Need as I have recently been in groups where one member in the group will remove their items in order to roll need on gear as an 'upgrade'. I have a habit of inspecting my group members, not because I feel they will roll Need on gear that isn't an upgrade but because I enjoy seeing what gear people have and what could be potential upgrades for me and where those items are located. In this scenario however I inspected the Tank on arrival and saw he had a Skull-Shaped Barbute, he had is helm animation off and rolled Need on Exe Hood now in my eyes that is a downgrade for him and took it away from a member who it was a decent upgrade for.

This all being said, I was fortunate enough to get into a Hamlord group on my Cleric which was a Need only group. As nothing there was an upgrade for me I was happy that I could roll on everything in order to give to alts or sell. Once again though my main reason for joining that group was for XP.

If you dont like NBG groups you dont need to join them, same with if you dont like Need only groups. You have the choice and if every group you join is doing the loot system you dislike then start your own group. Do however inform people the loot rules before or when they join your group in case they dislike them as well.

TL/DR: Main focus is hitting max level secondary is loot. Once 50 by all means go after that Phat Lewt.
  11. Grau Elder

I'm generally fine with NBG in PUGs. I played on the normal servers for years and years and I was always pretty much broke. I don't think I've really missed out on anything. I'll probably always be broke on Agnarr too.

On Phinny I gave away a lot of stuff. Plus I hate sitting in CL trying to sell items.

Honestly on Phinny I had more of a problem with the leadership of my guild making it a point to hand out raid gear to themselves over and over.