Will I be reimbursed for my time missed today?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by IwantSOEback, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IwantSOEback New Member

Today, ironically was the last day subbed for two different accounts. Will I be reimbursed for the day today, or should I just stop subbing? Hmmm.. decisions
    fuloph likes this.
  2. Hoojamufasijer New Member

Lets do some math here. Keeping numbers simple based on about $15 a month for 30 days game time, that comes to 50 cents a day USD. If the game ends up being down the entire day, you will be asking for 50 cents, which is by all means reasonable, but these kinds of snotty complaints are tiresome. Also, it is in most game's terms that downtime is a thing that will happen, and is expected.
  3. IwantSOEback New Member

Thanks for your mealy-mouthed reply. As stated in the above, today was my last day subbed on two accounts. I'm also a returning player who has been gone for 10+ years.

It would be a nice show of support to add one day of game time to each of my accounts, as I was already on the edge of not re-subbing. I was going to enjoy one last day on Agnarr and then think about subbing one account for an annual sub. I think this downtime on the 30th day of my sub has made the decision for me.
    Rufas Rocksmoker and fuloph like this.
  4. Redskull_Reaper New Member

Highly doubt you'll be reimbursed for what is going on today. Usually the only time game companies do provide sub reimbursements if a game is down for multiple days. Plus, for them to reimburse everyone with all of the members they have would cost DB a good chunk of money to do it.
    BetaRayJupiter likes this.
  5. Redskull_Reaper New Member

Are you really expecting them to provide a day's worth of sub time because something happened with this patch? Those are some very high expectations for any game company. The thing is we agreed this downtime would happen. Almost every MMO is like this. There are even times on WoW where something can happen with a patch. Plus calling DB a "terrorist"? I don't agree with you on using a term like that.

We live in a world where stuff like this happens. Complaining about it will get you no where. Give DB the time to fix it and I have no doubts they'll eventually have it back up and working again soon. If this were MULTIPLE days I'd understand where you are coming from. Hours? Not really worth the complaining about IMO.
    BetaRayJupiter likes this.
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

The maintenance hasn't yet caused the servers to be down even half a day yet you need a full day in recompense?
    EQ is the only game I play and have been doing so for almost 18 years and I appreciate that stuff happens. I have no expectation of being reimbursed for some downtime, nor would I accept it if given the option. DBG deemed the additional downtime necessary for reasons and I'm fine with that.
    Would you prefer they just bring the servers up with a major bug that pooches something significant related to your enjoyment of the game?
  7. Baeddon Elder

No.
  8. Senadin Elder

Expected to be downtime to fix issues? Yes

First of all who does maintenance during peek time unless it is a break fix issue that is of an emergency nature? No one that's who!

Second it isnt about the money it is about what is right and what is wrong. It's about doing it right for your customers who pay your salaries, give dividends to your shareholders etc.

Thirdly if after all that you have an issue, there are good governance in implementing patches that should mitigate the downtime....

Your point is moot.
    Rufas Rocksmoker and fuloph like this.
  9. Myzfyt New Member

48 hours of double xp would be nice or some xp potions =D
  10. Twiztyd New Member

worth complaining about the complaining though i see haha
    fuloph likes this.
  11. Ratheden New Member

The issue is they should really quit doing all their patches during prime time. servers should be patched during the hours of like midnight - 6 am depending on how long the patch is going to be. Have headed IT like 20 years of my career and never seen a real company work like this, especially one completely dependent access just to play.
    fuloph likes this.
  12. RadarX Augur

Please feel free to use the existing thread in the veterans lounge to discuss the downtime.
    Orbital101 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.