June 21 Patch Status

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Plainbelly, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janakin Augur

Sad thing is I have read before that what happens on test server does not always correspond with what happens on live servers. That right there has to be frustrating for the developers!

I guess my company picked the right day for me to have to work late... summer solstice sale ~

Hmm, I blame the sun being up too much today on all of this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Have you tried turning it off then on again?

Scila and Danax like this.
  3. tuffer Journeyman

Any ETA on when the game will be back up dbg ; or do we need to bring in the 12 year olds to fix this stuff
    fuloph likes this.
  4. Kbamm Journeyman

Oh I do agree with you. The fact that new content keeps coming is cool. But the progression servers are where DB is raking in the money hehe. But even EoK felt cheap next to say the game changing expansions LdoN and DoN which added new ways to play EQ not just story content. it has a great story and I loved it but it didn't bring anything new to the game. Under SoE a lot of game changing things were added some good some bad but still it was forward movement. As I said I still love this game and always will. Its just DB is doing the least amount of work for profit in the games history IMO.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I vote to adding a couple of days to Sebs HH event :)
    Pani and Fanra like this.
  6. northstar Augur

Can you smell what the DBG is cooking??

Fried modems and a Weekend of Double EXP?? ;)
  7. Restac Journeyman

I can't even find out when this patch started or how long its supposed to be. I read the patch notes and it says what they're changing but not when it started or how long it goes. For me its 330 in the afternoon, just got home from work, and surprised its STILL under maintenance. Any idea how long this is supposed to go? Its pretty uncommon for scheduled maint to go this long. Usually it starts around 6am in the morning for me and it done easily by 10-12. Unscheduled, emergency downtime ya.. had that plenty of times at this time of day.
  8. daranged Lorekeeper

9. eliandra Elder

hi radarx , this patch will correct something about this :

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...l-channel-and-zoning-lag-on-ab-server.238603/

i seen you are angry with customer crying for a 5 or 10 h patch .... you know antonius bayle is more and more unplayable during raid time since christmas 2016 ? do you think we must be happy after 6 months without fix ? adroxia posted 19 february about this ... you answered 13 june 2017 (12 pages after ) to say :

"We appreciate everyone letting us know about ongoing issues you've noticed on this server. We do have folks looking into various technical solutions and will provide an update as soon as we can."

btw europeeane players appreciates dev to speak more and explain :

why no answers from dev during 4 months on a post , why you don t come raid with us before saying "server is good , we don t see any pb " ?

why 2 or 3 raiding guild have lost all guild hall since 2 weeks ?

can you imagine how AB players are angry after so much time with a buggy server ?
    fuloph and Jumbur like this.
  10. omg like omg New Member

so if its just about ab then bring the rest of the servers up
  11. Fuzzbutt Elder

Posting here obviously isn't going to do anything, when I hit my point I will speak with my credit card, not my keyboard.
  12. Stephen Journeyman

according to server status Test is up
  13. omg like omg New Member

is there a way to log into test anymore?
  14. Harmare New Member

RadarX: Can we get an explanation or an ETA? You did log on to the forums to respond to a couple peoples posts but even then made no attempt to explain the issue to us. My constructive criticism is this: if you explained the problem to us we'd probably all be very understanding but posting "we've made some progress" after double the ETA then putting "no ETA" is probably not the best approach when dealing with a frustrated gamer mob. Thanks!
    fuloph, OssOr, Asphyxia and 2 others like this.
  15. omg like omg New Member

The natives are restless
    solarfly likes this.
  16. RadarX Augur

No this will not resolve the outstanding AB issues. That is a longer term issue that the team is currently working on.
    Jumbur and eliandra like this.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Introducing Gimagukk's Incantatory Notation Apparatus (GINA), a log monitoring application that provides audio and visual feedback based on triggers you either define or import. GINA builds on many of the great features introduced by Gamanern of GamboSoft.com in GamTextTriggers like Text to Speech, text overlays, and in-game trigger sharing, and adds on features such as multiple character monitoring, trigger organization, and more sharing options. GINA is primarily developed with EverQuest in mind, but theoretically may work with other log-based programs as well.
    Deloehne likes this.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

My old company did a product recall once. I think that might more accurately match your use of "fun"!
  19. Scorrpio Augur

Compensated? How much? I mean, let's see, sub price ranges from $10 to $16/month depending on pay schedule, but lets assume $16, which boils down to about 50c/day. At the going rate, that would be 50 DBC for a full day of downtime. Not much, but would be a nice gesture.

Still, one does wonder why there is no standard rollback procedure in place. As in, if the issue is not immediately obvious, roll things back, and bring everything back up if it looks like downtime might extend into 'prime hours'. And yeah, stagger the updates. We typically roll an update out to less busy live systems first, and if all looks good, the rest follow 3-4 days later. Granted, the systems I work with are trading engines at an investment bank, so the stakes are a wee bit higher than $16/mo, and there is a fair bit more coin to pay for failover server farms, support personnel and such.

Well, guess I'll be dusting off my LotRO Warden tonight. Minas Tirith, here I come.
    Nightmares likes this.
  20. rescue016 New Member

Test server has been open since 2:50pm est.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.