June 21 Patch Status

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Plainbelly, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northstar Augur

Some where over the rainbow Dev's are High.....

Seriously though that's a ton of spaghetti noodles I would hate to have to work with that mess...
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

And the smaller the team, the less likely all of this is going to happen. And you know as well as I do that the EQ team is small. You obviously work for a very big company with a very big budget. So you can have these types of things. Could Daybreak do it for EQ? Sure. EQ would be shut down shortly too because it would be too expensive to maintain.
    Kajira likes this.
  3. RadarX Augur

For those of you who haven't received a warning yet (I'm still going through this thread) we do understand the frustration and this obviously was not scheduled issue we are resolving. I am however going to ask you to remain constructive and within our forum guidelines.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

But that will require DBG to change their development-habits, instead of doing it the way they were taught 20 years ago...:eek:

Besides, I get the feeling they are in the game-industry for the fun factor, and not really a super-streamlined corporation, where you would expect a more elaborate test-setup..:p

Why would you think about multi phased testing, when you could be thinking of dragons!!:p
  5. Stephen Journeyman

You want us to be constructive? OK, how about an update?
  6. Fessor111 New Member

Well, i guess posting updates more often is within DBG's budget.
  7. Harmare New Member

You guys are just showing how ignorant you are.

Most popular game on the internet... League of Legends from Riot Games... 0 downtime, free to play.
    Drep likes this.
  8. Qyzx New Member

I'm just happy DBG gives us constant communication about the status to their customers. The hourly updates are really helping my frustration..

Oh..
    Senadin likes this.
  9. draginn Elder

The team has made some progress in identifying the issue affecting servers but there is still no ETA at this time! lol about 2 min ago
  10. Stephen Journeyman

I wonder how many EQ players are all access ( fee paying)?
  11. RadarX Augur

Sure! Check the maintenance thread.
    Nightmares and Senadin like this.
  12. Tandy New Member

I havent read anything in this thread that would warrent a "warning" from you...
    Lennyn and v01d like this.
  13. RadarX Augur

If you want to discuss our moderation policy, I'm happy to do that via PM.
  14. Stephen Journeyman

OK, i apologise
  15. Tvarian Augur

alphabetize socks...

that just made my day, lol
    fransisco likes this.
  16. Cototk New Member

I must agree with the majority of this thread... We pay hard earned money to be denied a service that we have rightfully purchased. Many companies prior to you and some after you will tread down this same road and end up with no customer base in its entirety. Compensation is respectively requested by all who have paid for this game as I promise you that if you worked and your employer decided not to pay you for your services... you would leave as well. Just a thought, but one that might be taken into consideration regarding this ridiculous downtime extension without any information being released to a very loyal however, highly agitated fan base.
  17. Fistopower New Member

Retribution from the God of War for nerfing Zerkers, can't say that they didn't deserve it.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Qyzx New Member

The update:
    The team has made some progress in identifying the issue affecting servers but there is still no ETA at this time.

Have you guys tried the power button?
    I fail to see how any update - database or not - whatever it is - could cause this much trouble.
    Don't you guys use "back out plans" or is it always all or nothing with you guys?

I can see the meetings now.
    "Lets do the patch this day"
    "What if it doesn't work"
    "I dunno - keep servers down until we figure it out I guess"
    "What about a backout plan to the previous version?"
    "Nah - who wants lunch?"
    Gyurika Godofwar, Leigo, v01d and 4 others like this.
  19. rescue016 New Member

I have an idea, do the patching in the middle of the night when most ppl are sleeping that play. With summer here, the game times are going to be swinging in favor of daytime playing with kids being out of school and people on vacation. I remember when SOE did their patching and update starting at about 3am est and even with problems the game was back online by 3pm est.
    Nightmares, v01d, Danax and 1 other person like this.
  20. Freebirrd Journeyman

Time to get off your big ol booty's and take a walk, go to the park, OMG is that what the sun looks like? haha, hey I like big booy's don't get me wrong. As gamers we should go see the world some time! Today is a good time to do it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.